• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

giga

JW anderson x uniqlo Trench and shirt ordered.

Aww yiss.

Trenches are hard but if you can pull it off more power.

My pickups. Will prob return one of the sweaters but wanted to see which I liked.

OgCP0Cq.png

vUUcIww.png

IOEP6t4.png

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nice grab.

I wanted the blue flannel in Medium, but that sold out super quick.

They're still sitting over here in AUS. Guess there's not as much hype compared to other countries.

Trenches are hard but if you can pull it off more power.

My pickups. Will prob return one of the sweaters but wanted to see which I liked.

The trench is reversible too for an even crazier design. Dunno if I can pull this off but I'm game to try.

EVOL 100%

i wear socks and shoes when i go out, that pic was taken at 2am this morning when i couldn't fall asleep and decided to try on some different shirt/pant combinations.

I'm just messing with you man, I like the fit. Wearing socks in doors is for uncultured barbarians, who wears them in the house ayway. The shirt goes well with your skin tone. I like the texture too

I'm just messing with you man, I like the fit. Wearing socks in doors is for uncultured barbarians, who wears them in the house ayway. The shirt goes well with your skin tone. I like the texture too

i know you're just messing :p

i've had the shirt for almost a year now and i haven't worn it once because i usually wear tan chinos that don't contrast with it at all. now that i've got these dark blue jeans i can start wearing lighter tops.

I'll probably get some flak for this, but I just tried out the athletic fit chinos at Target from their new clothing line, and I really like the fit. They make my butt pop like no other! We will see how they hold up to multiple washes, and wear, but for $22.00, I can't complain too much. Was going to try their athletic fit jeans too, but they weren't carrying them in the store.

I'll probably get some flak for this, but I just tried out the athletic fit chinos at Target from their new clothing line, and I really like the fit. They make my butt pop like no other! We will see how they hold up to multiple washes, and wear, but for $22.00, I can't complain too much. Was going to try their athletic fit jeans too, but they weren't carrying them in the store.

fit is everything my dude

you look better in $22 target chinos that fit you well than you do in $1000 balmain jeans that don't

rokkerkory

Just ordered some more shirts from charles tyrwhitt... they have a huge sale going on right now. Some quality button up shirts for work / casual for like $35-50.

How are Charles' clothes, do they have good materials? I remember buying $100 for 4.

I swear by their shirts for work. Just make sure you get non-iron material shirts as their other shirts wrinkle extremely easy. They have an amazing return policy too. You have six months to determine if you like it, and if not, you can return/exchange it for free.

I also have a couple of their non-iron chinos, which are pretty nice, but I just wish they came in a tapered look that was not slim fit.

Helpful hint, if you google T.M. Lewin (their competitor), you will find a CT Shirts link for shirts for $33 plus free shipping.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
So this clothing store called Louie Supply popped up in my Instagram feed. Since I'm not seeing that many ads in Instagram anyway, let alone fashion, it had me a bit curious. And I kinda liked a shirt they showed, though the cords on the sleeves (do those things have a name, by the way) on this thing felt kinda gimmicky. And why's that label blurred?

However, I then looked around a bit more on their website and some alarms went off. A lot of their offering looked suspiciously like the schlock peddled by Yesstyle and the like. Their website, though, claims they're Canada-based.. I am le confused. A bit of searching let to this Reddit thread where experiences are pretty much terribad. People not too happy on Amazon too. Some hilarious designs can be found on their webshop though.

that shirt is awful. it's like a popover except you can't roll the sleeves down if you want to, and the fixed sleeve length means that it won't fall at the right part of the arm for a lot of people.

e: OH GOD I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THE COLLAR. what the fuck

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
That Boris jacket is dope. I'd be considering it if that was an extra small 😍

that shirt is awful. it's like a popover except you can't roll the sleeves down if you want to, and the fixed sleeve length means that it won't fall at the right part of the arm for a lot of people.

The tabs unbutton and are hidden inside the sleeve when it's unrolled. You see that kind of (tacky) stuff on a lot of mall brands. I always assumed they're for doofuses who can't correctly roll up their sleeves.

ExInferus

I bought some underwear trunks online size M (my usual underwear size) and they sent me L size. I can't return them if I take them out the package so I was wondering if the difference in size between medium/large is that significant when it comes to trunks/boxer briefs considering that they are already really skin-tight? The difference seems to be "only" 2 cm bigger waistline.

went to a clark's store today to try on some desert boots

tried on some of their chelseas for fun and i think i want chelseas more than desert boots now

26127791_A

^ that's the one i tried on

Oxn

went to a clark's store today to try on some desert boots

tried on some of their chelseas for fun and i think i want chelseas more than desert boots now

26127791_A

^ that's the one i tried on

Dsw had a sale yesterday and i ordered these. Hope they look good in person.

402230_030_ss_01

Oxn

This vest looks so hot right now. Not sure if i should cop for $150. Almost sold out. Kind of want it to sell out so i dont buy it.

aae-1-mens-vest.jpg

NinjaBoiX

^ I honestly can't tell if you guys are joking sometimes ITT.

Also, I thought that light blue Henley with the grandad collar that you were all losing your shit over looked pretty decent (those cuff straps are pointless and tacky though).

EVOL 100%

^ I honestly can't tell if you guys are joking sometimes ITT.

Also, I thought that light blue Henley with the grandad collar that you were all losing your shit over looked pretty decent (those cuff straps are pointless and tacky though).

It looked like something like a clueless yuppie would wear

NinjaBoiX

Just picked up an Autumn jacket for less than a third of what it originally cost, really versatile and fits like a glove (always a bonus for my short arse frame!):
I guess I should have known this community would kinda suck. That's my bad. Cheers
Hey man, don't let it get to you! Very few things in life are as subjective as fashion, I often look at some of the shit posted in here and wonder how high people are.

I just don't think I'm young and daring enough to try some of this stuff but hey, more power to you if you can rock it. I'm just a bit more traditional and vanilla I guess, if it fits well, looks decent and versatile and is a sane price I'll buy it.

kiyomi

I guess I should have known this community would kinda suck. That's my bad. Cheers

Not sure I can fulfil your peacoat wishes without knowing your budget. Since I'm not really sure that you're sure you know what you want, here are some random suggestions!

Do any of these speak to you?

The field jackets on Superdry were also kinda like what you posted, but it seems the chav connotation put you off. We're not all bad. Honest.

lenovox1

Not sure I can fulfil your peacoat wishes without knowing your budget. Since I'm not really sure that you're sure you know what you want, here are some random suggestions!

Do any of these speak to you?

The field jackets on Superdry were also kinda like what you posted, but it seems the chav connotation put you off. We're not all bad. Honest.

And there's no chav connotation of the brand in the US or Canada. People either think it's a Japanese brand or they don't know anything about it. It's just a British Abercrombie and Fitch that utilizes limited Asian imagery. Decent quality.

Yuuichi

I'm 99% sure it would be cheaper for me to learn how to make that shirt myself (complete with paying someone to teach me) rather than buying it

Does anyone have recommendations for undershirts, particularity gray undershirts?

I was looking at those Uniqlo Airism shirts. Should I size up so it stays tucked in?

Top Bottom