• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

kiyomi

The Airism shirts are very form fitting unless you grossly oversize them. I would just go TTS and not worry about tucking them in, to be honest.

I generally like the two that I have, but I've noticed a few things. While they're extremely comfortable, they do have a tendency to make me sweat a little harder which can keep me cool but is also pretty unpleasant. The roundneck ones also tend to ride up my neck a little higher which is irritating, I'd probably go for a v-neck one in future just so that it doesn't show on my neck underneath my shirt, but maybe your body shape wouldn't have this problem.

Lastly, I've had them for about 6 months now, and both of the shirts have stretched out in the washing quite a bit and are starting to hang loose in a couple of places, which personally is not what I really want in an undershirt.

The Airism shirts are very form fitting unless you grossly oversize them. I would just go TTS and not worry about tucking them in, to be honest.

I generally like the two that I have, but I've noticed a few things. While they're extremely comfortable, they do have a tendency to make me sweat a little harder which can keep me cool but is also pretty unpleasant. The roundneck ones also tend to ride up my neck a little higher which is irritating, I'd probably go for a v-neck one in future just so that it doesn't show on my neck underneath my shirt, but maybe your body shape wouldn't have this problem.

Lastly, I've had them for about 6 months now, and both of the shirts have stretched out in the washing quite a bit and are starting to hang loose in a couple of places, which personally is not what I really want in an undershirt.

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that does not sound like an ideal undershirt. It's so hard to find quality gray undershirts (gray so the sleeves don't show under white dress shirts).

EVOL 100%

I bought the Tubular Dooms, I'm pretty happy with them

KpnuQZn.jpg

kiyomi

Ah, thanks for the heads up, that does not sound like an ideal undershirt. It's so hard to find quality gray undershirts (gray so the sleeves don't show under white dress shirts).
To be fair they're cheap enough that you could pick up one and see if it works for you. They're not bad, and I like having that extra layer of warmth, but yeah, I have to believe there are some better options out there.

You could also get one of their shirts that match your skin tone.

Well, I just got back from Target to see what they had, and I think I found my answer. It was a bit more than I want to spend on an undershirt, but it is long (so it doesn't come untucked), form fitting, and comfortable. I tried my white dress shirt on over it, and I can't see an outline of my undershirt sleeve in the harshest of lights. Almost every single other undershirt there was white, unfortunately.

All in all, I am pleased. We will see how it holds up.

Pair of Thieves undershirt

Why do people wear undershirts ? I'm sure there's an obvious reason but just not comfy for me .

I do it to keep sweat/deodorant off of my dress shirts in an effort to extend the life of them. Also, so my nipples don't show. I don't normally wear them with any casual outfits as long as the shirt is thick enough, though.

NinjaBoiX

isn't boxy style in again?
Apparently, according to the most recent peddlers of overpriced "so fashionable I don't even care about looking fashionable" anti-style tatt.

Honestly, some of the skanky hobo wear I see otherwise entirely presentable folk rocking as if it's some nonchalant statement, I just don't get it.
copped a really nice Vince coat at a sale this week.

lambskin leather body and detachable shearling and it's insulated too.

the retail tag says $1100 and i paid less than 200 :lol

https://imgur.com/DSJWAyw
That's really cool, I love olive green. I've always wanted a fur lined collar jacket, I'll probably pick one up this winter. Kudos!

That jacket I recently purchased is just such a nice fit, I dread washing it. It feels like the kind of jacket that will kind of wrinkle up after a wash.

I'll probably dry clean it to keep the lines looking sharp.

lenovox1

keeps your nice shirts clean for longer. would prefer not to wash certain shirts of mine after each wear cause it fades them.

You don't have to wash cotton after each was unless you sweat a lot. Which an undershirt is also good at mitigating. In fact, that was probably your point.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The new GAP+GQ collection looks pretty nice though a little bit higher priced then a uniqlo collab. The united arrows and ami stuff looks pretty decent.

http://www.gap.com/browse/category....1442,flyout_men_Gap_GQ&sop=true#department=75

Yikes @ the UA wide leg pants. I do like the previously discussed boxy trend, but wide leg coming back is definitely not doing it for me. At the very least, it needs more of a crop to avoid such a '90s JC Penny catalog vibe.

RS4-

Yikes @ the UA wide leg pants. I do like the previously discussed boxy trend, but wide leg coming back is definitely not doing it for me. At the very least, it needs more of a crop to avoid such a '90s JC Penny catalog vibe.

Man that's like the shit you'd wear to the office then go to a rave.

Nowise10

Why does no place have pink hoodies for guys?

Fucking Jake Paul was the only brand that sells multiple different hoodies in pink.

acohrs

have some pics

tried on some iron rangers at a red wing store:

what i wore today:

unrelated but i recently realized that i have super long legs for someone my height (5'8"). on the everlane website they show their 6'1" model wearing 32-inseam jeans and they look like that on ME.

want a daily fits journal from squidy

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Anyone here have extra tips for leather shoe care other than cedar trees, regular shine, and don't wear 2 days in a row?

Finally bought a pair of Allen Edmonds chelseas and I want these to last as looong as possible.

NinjaBoiX

Hoodie fit is sooo important wtf....
Nah man, not compared to most other garments.

The point I'm making is that if you want a pink hoody, there is probably plenty of choice in the ladies section. And hell, if fit is so important you probably aren't going to find a more fitted hoody (as opposed to a baggy one) than one designed for a female frame!
Anyone here have extra tips for leather shoe care other than cedar trees, regular shine, and don't wear 2 days in a row?

Finally bought a pair of Allen Edmonds chelseas and I want these to last as looong as possible.
The Hanger Project

midramble

Pizza, Bourbon, and Thanos
Nah man, not compared to most other garments.

The point I'm making is that if you want a pink hoody, there is probably plenty of choice in the ladies section. And hell, if fit is so important you probably aren't going to find a more fitted hoody (as opposed to a baggy one) than one designed for a female frame!

The Hanger Project

Some really nice looking polishes. You've sold me.

Now if I could just get the rest of my wardrobe/style in order.....

kiyomi

Where do you guys get wristbands, if you wear them? See some crazy ones on my way to school

How crazy are we talking?

You can get super cheap stuff off places like Etsy, Asos, fast fashion brands. You can get nicer stuff from places like APC or Tanner or something. And then the more expensive avant-gardey stuff comes from MA+, Parts of 4, etc. Just depends what you want/how much you got.

I saw some nice stuff from M0851 but it seems like they aren't doing a lot of wristband/jewellery stuff atm.

Top Bottom