• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

kiyomi

What are you guys copping for F/W?

I need a new overcoat personally.

I need a lot of basics tbh. I could do with a heavier jacket or two for winter, thinking some kind of bomber and maybe a duffle or parka. And I need some new knits since what I have is old and baggy and way too big for me (bought before I understood the importance of fit, haha). Another pair of jeans would be good since I wear my Nudies 24/7 almost. Maybe some chelsea boots and some Docs or something. Probably a beanie and a scarf too. So yeah, I need a lot lmao.

And a couple of sweaters. I'm not sure where to go for heavyweight sweaters that don't bust the bank in the UK. Are Carhartt and Champion any good for the price?

NinjaBoiX

I'm going to buy new socks and pants, I'm very excited. Maybe a new sweater or two and some jeans.

I'm already covered for coats/jackets, I literally have about 50, some that I've barely worn. It's my weakness, I think it's because it's such a versatile garment, it's almost an accessory. It allows you to pick whatever you want to wear underneath and then compensate with an appropriate garment on top. Win.

giga

on the fence for the return of the taylor stitch x golden bear moto jacket. with the 20% off, it's $700 which is a damn good price for golden bear leather.

https://www.taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-the-moto-collection

B473AjQ.png

Nowise10

Just bought a sweatshirt from Pacsun. Got the order confirmation a minute later and realized "Oops, put in 1st street instead of 2nd street for my address! Let me go change that".

And I'm greeted with this shit in their support section.

GIgBSbH.png

The 1st Street i put isn't even a valid address. So no clue where my $60 sweatshirt is going to go.

I've never seen a site where you can't cancel or modify an order before it ships. Fuck Pacsun.

Oxn

Just bought a sweatshirt from Pacsun. Got the order confirmation a minute later and realized "Oops, put in 1st street instead of 2nd street for my address! Let me go change that".

And I'm greeted with this shit in their support section.

GIgBSbH.png

The 1st Street i put isn't even a valid address. So no clue where my $60 sweatshirt is going to go.

I've never seen a site where you can't cancel or modify an order before it ships. Fuck Pacsun.
Same thing with adidas.com

I even called them that i input the wrong zipcode. They said too late

Oxn

So what ended up happening? Am I going to just have to go to my bank and say I never got my item?

SO FRUSTRATING.

Well it ahipped, and adidas told me that ups can probably figure out that the zipcode doesnt match the address and that they can correct it on their end. If not then itll just ship back to the sender.

Well ups was able to figure it out on my end, but i still called them, and told me them to hold it at the local facility for me to pick up. Turns up i wanted to return the item anyways, so i just let it sit there till they sent it back on their own.

Your story is a little different, i doubt ups can figure this one out so they will just send it back to pacsun.

Nowise10

Well it ahipped, and adidas told me that ups can probably figure out that the zipcode doesnt match the address and that they can correct it on their end. If not then itll just ship back to the sender.

Well ups was able to figure it out on my end, but i still called them, and told me them to hold it at the local facility for me to pick up. Turns up i wanted to return the item anyways, so i just let it sit there till they sent it back on their own.

Your story is a little different, i doubt ups can figure this one out so they will just send it back to pacsun.

I mean the entire address is right, except it says 1st street instead of 2nd.

Maybe they'll figure it out and still give it to my dorms building.

Oxn

I mean the entire address is right, except it says 1st street instead of 2nd.

Maybe they'll figure it out and still give it to my dorms building.

Yea yours is a bit tricky

I just know i was stupid pissed with adidas for not letting me change my address and it wasnt even close to shipping yet

I put in bad customer servie on the survey they sent me

And they actually replied to my bad feedback lol

These look really good. I've never owned a leather jacket. Always considered it, but the pricing has always given me sticker shock.

You should check Soul Revolver, the quality is amazing (I already have 6 of them) and you don't need to sell one of your kidneys to get them :)

http://www.soulrevolver.com/mens-leather-jackets/mens-vintage-style-leather-jackets

A lot of their designs are vintage style, I guess that could be a deal breaker for some (I think they look killer).

Can I ask why you sold it? Fit? TS has a 60-day return policy so wondering if I should just bite the bullet.

I got too big for it from weight lifting and it was past the return policy deadline

also had too much leather just sitting in the closet and I've realized having thousands in clothing lying around isn't a very wise way to spend my money

too many people who are clueless about fashion believe they can instantly become stylish by putting on a single statement piece, i.e. a fedora, flashy jacket, etc.

it's a terrible look

Picked up a new Golden Bear x UNIONMADE jacket during their end-of-season sale a few weeks ago. Finally had one solitary day cool enough to justify wearing it recently. Still trying to figure out what exactly to style it with. Thoughts?

f0rk

Any recommendations of places to check out in Kyoto/Tokyo? Think I could do with some new jeans, where do you get the good Japanese denim?

Fritz

When in Tokyo I'd say go to Shimokitazawa and Harajuku neighborhoods. Fantastic shops and easily navigated

I know I have seen a denim store on cat street.

EVOL 100%

I saw a youtube video of it. A small company called Cloudburst, and the jacket is called orion.

Thanks.

I've seen the blurb for this jacket, and holy shit

There is a magnetic holder for headphones that safely keeps the headphones in place even when running.

The hood is adjustable in volume with a sun protection brim.
The jacket has a tactical weight discharge system that balances weight from the pockets and the laptop section evenly throughout jacket.
It has a backpack system for easy carrying and drying after the rain.
There is a specialized pocket for documents or a smart phone; there is also a hole for the cord from headphones or other devices in the inner and side pockets.
It has a removable patch with the Brand name (it can be stuck to the sleeve, chest and bottom side of the jacket).
The jacket is also equipped with a spring hook for keys and wearable apparel.
A stainless steel multi tool kit is also included in the package. It’s located in a safe section to keep both the owner and the jacket away from getting injured or damaged while the jacket is being worn.
On the back of the jacket there is a special waterproof section for a tablet or a laptop.
The AQUASEAL zipper provides a secure and reliable seal and it’s backed up by magnetic clasps that prevent the devices from falling out in case the zipper opens.
The right side pocket has a military shock instrument, Stinger (Combat tec., USA), which can be used in extreme situations.

The package includes:
Jacket, removable tactical kilt for the parka length, spring hook, multi tool kit, Stinger (military shock instrument).

This jacket comes with a fucking laptop pocket and a taser, lmao

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
For those wanting some sherling because of BR, don't get a silly copy of the movie's coat.

Or if you are rich

That one is really nice.

Top Bottom