• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

The top of the list as far as things I need isn't far off from things I want honestly. A camel colored topcoat. Preferably cashmere.

One of these days I just need to bite the bullet and put down the money for it.

EDIT: Also Midnights I love you but when we getting that thread name change?

You picky bastards lived with manshion for 2 years you can't live with mine for 2 days.

Besides, I wasn't even the one who was supposed to make this thing.

fwiw it's worth style fox i liked the thread title

gothninja had it's chance, and I think we are returning to 80s indulgence filtered through all these designers living in 90s minimalism. everything is gold, studded, or shiny now. this is what #swag seems to be.

so time to buy givenchy and versace then?

Omni

Has anyone here ever bought anything from Serbags.com? I'm looking to buy this messenger bag (not something I usually go for, but I like the look) but have never heard of the site before. I'd be shipping internationally to Australia

Salazar

my list of things i need has been more or less the same for almost a year, i keep impulse buying and never get around to it =/

Mmm. I don't really have any needs, but I want

McNairy or Garbstore tweed jacket.
A really damn nice deep yellow jumper
Royal blue Post O'alls vest

Yuketen makes some sweet boots, just got these in the mail from Norse Store. They have a nice weight to them and the construction is rock solid. Will probably end up ordering another pair of boots from them, probably something in brown this time.

be0JOhH.jpg

On another note, which brands make the best rain gear these days? I need some tall rubber boots to go with my new rain mac.

Question about driving mocs, socks or no socks?

I know enough that I shouldn't be using low-cut and above socks with them, but what about those no show socks? Is a small square of black/white enough to make it look tacky?

I've always wore socks with my shoes so I'm kinda uncomfortable at the idea of not wearing socks with them lol.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I know enough that I shouldn't be using low-cut and above socks with them, but what about those no show socks? Is a small square of black/white enough to make it look tacky?

I've always wore socks with my shoes so I'm kinda uncomfortable at the idea of not wearing socks with them lol.

I am a huge fan of the J Crew no show socks. Very comfortable and they won't show even if you're wearing low-cut shoes.

It's time I ditched my backpack and got something more professional/fashionable. Any advice on good messenger bags. I'm looking for something brown and compact, maybe similar to this?

2083488-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/fossil-estate-leather-messenger-bag?zfcTest=fcl:0

Don't do it, dude! You'll be fine without - just make sure your feet are nice and clean, let the shoes air in between wearings and maybe get some antibacterial shoe spray to keep them fresh.

kaskade

I was always a sock person before I got my first pair of boat shoes. Once you get used to it, it's really nice. There might be a little break in period where your foot has to get used to and you might get a little blister or something. Once it heals you shouldn't get them again.

I'd also recommend some Gold Bond powder. Rub a little on your feet and maybe some in the bottom of your shoe. It'll keep your feet dry and the shoes from stinking.

I am a huge fan of the J Crew no show socks. Very comfortable and they won't show even if you're wearing low-cut shoes.

Hold up, they sell this for men too?? Oh man, I thought these were a girl thing only... looks like I'm stopping by my local J Crew later today.

I was always a sock person before I got my first pair of boat shoes. Once you get used to it, it's really nice. There might be a little break in period where your foot has to get used to and you might get a little blister or something. Once it heals you shouldn't get them again.

I'd also recommend some Gold Bond powder. Rub a little on your feet and maybe some in the bottom of your shoe. It'll keep your feet dry and the shoes from stinking.

I think I'll be fine with the blisters lol. I've been running the last few years and my feet are practically calloused to hell and back, so I'm not exactly worried about it.

Anyway, thanks for the tips! I'll try it sockless first then try those socks ilnadmy mentioned to see which one feels and looks better.

kaskade

I'm going to start looking into a new pair of jeans for this season. I'd like some selvedge. Good options for under 150? I'm currently looking into Naked and Famous.

Top Bottom