• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mercenaries 2: World in Flames Trophies Revealed

vercity82

Found this over at http://*************************/2008/10/22/mercenaries-2-world-in-flames-trophies/#more-4544

Once the patch hits the game will have a total of 40 Trophies, 24 Bronze, 11 Silver, 4 Gold and the Platinum

Bronze
Eat the Heat - You performed a burnout
Shoot to Thrill - You got 25 headshots
Armageddon It - You destroyed 25 buildings
Hail and Kill - You destroyed 50 objects using melee
Holy Smoke - You destroyed 50 Objects With a Grenade
Little Savage - You destroyed 50 Objects with an RPG Launcher
Gone Shootin’ - You completed one of Fiona’s challenges
Heavy Metal Thunder - You successfully completed 10 action hijacks
Tattooed Millionaire - Be connected to EA Servers and earn $1 million
Highway to Hell - You completed 3 races
Partners in Crime - You’ve experienced co-op
Wheels of Steel - You came in first during a co-op race

Silver
Runnin’ with the Devil - You verified Blanco
You Better Run - You verified Carmona
No Compromise, No Regrets - You battled for Caracas
Pipeline - You captured all outposts for a single faction
Be Quick or Be Dead - You sniped 50 enemy vehicle drivers
No More Mr. Nice Guy - You pissed off everyone in Venezuela
…And Justice For All - You verified all high value targets
Digital Man - You unlocked all shop items
We’ll Burn the Sky - You unlocked all landing zones
Damage, Inc. - You used 20 airstrikes in co-op
Nothin’ But a Good Time - You destroyed 200 objects from the gunner seat in co-op

Gold
The Hero and the Madman - You completed Mercenaries 2
Balls to the Wall - You mastered the Winching Challenge
Billion Dollar Babies - Be connected to EA Servers and earn $1 billion

Platinum
World in Flames - You earned all trophies in Mercenaries 2

-Hidden Trophies-
Bronze
School’s Out - You completed the tutorial
The Rage - You completed “Rescue Carmona”
Hello, Hooray - You acquired the PMC
Wild One - You recruited Ewan
The Analog Kid< - You recruited Misha
Oil and Gasoline - You recruited Eva
Ride the Dragon - You hijacked the tank in the villa
Stand Up and Shout - You achieved maximum mood with the Allies
Forever Free - You achieved maximum P.L.A.V. mood
Island of Domination - You achieved maximum Pirate mood
Longing For Fire - You achieved maximum Chinese mood
Dirty Deeds - You achieved maximum Universal Petroleum mood

Gold
Aces High - You captured all high value targets

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Seems pretty easy. Three gold, one by completing the game :lol

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
glaurung said:
This patch better hit soon, this game is so far one the worst PS3 purchases for me this year.

I understand that it's a bugged game with annoying repetitive voice acting, but I don't get the Mercs 2 hate. It's one of my favourite games of the year so far.

I stopped playing it recently due to the rush of betas, and I'm glad to see that trophies are coming soon
and kinda sad to see that I'll have to start again from scratch

Now all we need is the lowdown on the trophies for Bad Company.

glaurung

industrian said:
I understand that it's a bugged game with annoying repetitive voice acting, but I don't get the Mercs 2 hate. It's one of my favourite games of the year so far.

I stopped playing it recently due to the rush of betas, and I'm glad to see that trophies are coming soon
and kinda sad to see that I'll have to start again from scratch

Now all we need is the lowdown on the trophies for Bad Company.

No, no direct hate toward Mercenaries 2. But I was a huge fan of the original and I was hoping for something better. I think that the game (playing on PS3 by the way) forces you to do too many things like the game wants, which kind of obliterates the meaning of sand box. The bugs weren't that horrible, though I have seen some hilarious errors - like vehicles being catapulted into orbit on a perfectly level surface and such. It's all fun and games when you are just cruising around, but they are serious showstoppers during missions and trials.

The repetitive voice clips are irritating to the point of put-a-gun-to-my-head-and-paint-the-walls-with-my-brains, I hope they fix this or at least give me an option to turn that off altogether.

Bad Company trophies right here.

Mesijs

Great news!

Can you actually start a new game with your money still on you from a previous game? I'd like to do that for the trophies!

don't care about the trophies, but i hope this total payback patch fixes the floaty vehicle physics, the brain dead ai and poor weapon hit detection.

also custom soundtracks enabled .

Shatai

Banned
Platinum trophy - anticipate and successfully download the Mercenaries 2 patch without registering some variant of a Dragonball Z character's name and expressing your intent to return the game on the Pandemic forums.

did they downgrade the graphics? :lol smeared textures all over the shop and jaggy to hell. worse than before

got a dirty deeds trophy straight away with my previous save. retro?

online still doesn't work for me

no new characters

cheats?

Shatai

Banned
Are you in the US? I'm only really up this late on the possibility the patch pops out in the next few minutes, as it supposedly just came up in the UK a while ago.

Could you tell me if custom soundtracks are working?

even though it says all cheats unlocked after connecting to the ea servers, there's nothing in the unlockables and there's no extra playable characters.

we better get these via dlc with the psn store update later today.

this developer is shit.

Chrange

Banned
So the same as Achievements, only with a Platinum as well? Why don't developers at least take the time to rename them or something?

so they finally released the cheats over at mercs2.com

the nuke is shit. it only destroys two or three buildings. :lol

that panzer cycle is awesome :D

the new characters are selectable skins in your wardrobe.

no change in vehicle physics :(

this total payback patch, along with the game is a total disappointment, i'll make sure to stay clear of any future pandemic release.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Tattooed Millionaire - Be connected to EA Servers and earn $1 million

Does someone want to "define" this for me? I've earned more than $1 million (both at one time and cumulatively) and according to the start menu I'm online but i've not earned this trophy yet.

glaurung

industrian said:
Does someone want to "define" this for me? I've earned more than $1 million (both at one time and cumulatively) and according to the start menu I'm online but i've not earned this trophy yet.

Word on the internet grapevine says that if you have earned at least $1,000,000 online before the patch, then the EA servers do not register it a second time.

Probably needs a patch or something to get this fixed. I got the trophy because I hadn't earned that much online before.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to get the Eat The Heat trophy.

It says that you need to do a burnout, but how? Do you need a nitrous-equipped car or such (presuming that kind of a thing is in the game in the first place)?

glaurung said:
Word on the internet grapevine says that if you have earned at least $1,000,000 online before the patch, then the EA servers do not register it a second time.

Probably needs a patch or something to get this fixed. I got the trophy because I hadn't earned that much online before.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to get the Eat The Heat trophy.

It says that you need to do a burnout, but how? Do you need a nitrous-equipped car or such (presuming that kind of a thing is in the game in the first place)?

just press gas/brake at the same time with any vehicle for like 5 seconds, then let go

and yeah, I haven't gotten the 1million trophy either =(

Top Bottom