• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MercurySteam teases new game

Corpsepyre

Banned
Seriously disappointed. I want more single player games. Why do developers assume everyone has friends to play with and good connections to boot? I want good stories, world-building to back up the gameplay.

jonno394

Seriously disappointed. I want more single player games. Why do developers assume everyone has friends to play with and good connections to boot? I want good stories, world-building to back up the gameplay.

It's not Mercury Steams fault that we're friendless losers

:cry:

Where did you read 3v1?

Probably looking at the artwork and seeing 3 unique characters vs 1 unique character and making an assumption (like me).

I want to hear mroe about this project, so won't flat out dismiss it just yet.

ThatGuy

I guess its budget and time constraints. For big Single Player Games you have to create a lot of assets and build big worlds. Its easier to build some multiplayer game with a low fixed number of characters and small maps compared to RPGs or other genres.

I feel like it took a few years for FPS fatigue to set in once it hit its peak... MOBA feels like it's in its mainstream infancy and I'm already tired of another one. I don't want to sound like a Blizzard shill (and I honestly found WoW boring), but once Overwatch is released I find it incredibly hard to believe there will be much wiggle room for similar MOBA type games (and yes, I know Overwatcch isn;t necessarily a MOBA).

Corpsepyre

Banned
I guess its budget and time constraints. For big Single Player Games you have to create a lot of assets and build big worlds. Its easier to build some multiplayer game with a low fixed number of characters and small maps compared to RPGs or other genres.

Good point.

Top Bottom