• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merkel seen shaking twice in two weeks. Parkinson's?

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
it seems German chancellor and EU supreme emperor Angela Merkel has been shaking as of late.

Angela Merkel has been seen shaking uncontrollably for the second time this month as fears grow for the 64-year-old German Chancellor's health.
Mrs Merkel's arms and body could be seen noticeably trembling as she met Germany's President Frank-Walter Steinmeier today.
For around two minutes, she continually folded her arms in an apparent attempt to stop her hands and body from violently juddering.
Close-up footage showed the difficulty she was having trying to keep the quivering under control as she gripped her arms together.
However, her spokesman claimed soon after that the German chancellor was 'fine'.
It comes 10 days after she blamed dehydration for the shakes she suffered during a meeting with visiting Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Jul 31, 2017
Her problem. Really don't like her but cant say i would wish this for anyone. But i am sure she gets the best possible treatment. So no real news. And we dont have read buttons she can accidentally push so all is fine.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Yeah, while Parkinson's is tragic and I wouldn't wish it upon her, if she does end up having it, I can't say I'll feel too bad for her since her policies are destroying Europe and have already led to the rapes and murders of countless people across Germany and the rest of Europe; with many of the victims being children.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Official statement is it is lack of water.

Yeah, while Parkinson's is tragic and I wouldn't wish it upon her, if she does end up having it, I can't say I'll feel too bad for her since her policies are destroying Europe and have already led to the rapes and murders of countless people across Germany and the rest of Europe; with many of the victims being children.
That's bullshit (and I have not once voted for her or her party).

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
I figured it was due to stress. It seems more likely than Parkinsons which could be announced to the public and would drum up a lot of sympathy for a politician with so many detractors.

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
How is it bullshit Yoshi? Are you actually flat out denying the rapes and murders committed by the migrants she let in? Are you denying the islamisation of Europe as well?
It is bullshit because Europe has not been destroyed and her most harmful policies for Europe were actually her strict stance on Greece. In fact, her immigration policies mostly affected Germany, not Europe in general (and no, Germany was not destroyed either). I do not deny that there exist refugees who have commited murder or rape in Germany.

EDIT: Regarding the islamisation question: Depends on what you mean by islamisation. If you call it islamisation that the share of muslim people rose, then this is true, but pretty irrelevant.

I figured it was due to stress. It seems more likely than Parkinsons which could be announced to the public and would drum up a lot of sympathy for a politician with so many detractors.
I also see no reason for her to hide it either way, because she is ending her political carreer in two years and will not be up for any further election.

Last edited:

Hudo

Jul 26, 2018
How is it bullshit Yoshi? Are you actually flat out denying the rapes and murders committed by the migrants she let in? Are you denying the islamisation of Europe as well?
https://www.bka.de/DE/AktuelleInformationen/StatistikenLagebilder/Lagebilder/KriminalitaetImKontextVonZuwanderung/KriminalitaetImKontextVonZuwanderung_node.html

According to the latest reports from the BKA, crimes regarding murder/violence have gone down when compared to the report before that. However, in terms of sexual crimes, numbers have gone slightly up, with the exception of rape, which have gone down. So it is a mixed bag. Obviously, the statistics show that, yes, there is a percentage of immigrants that commit those crimes. And those should obviously be brought to justice and dealt with accordingly. Don't know how many of the victims were children, though. Not sure if those numbers can help to have a discussion with less absolutisms. I wouldn't deny that Merkel's policies played a part in that (I mean, the statistics show that there were increases in numbers, altough I wouldn't call those increases "dramatic"), there are a lot more people responsible than just her, I reckon.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
It is bullshit because Europe has not been destroyed and her most harmful policies for Europe were actually her strict stance on Greece. In fact, her immigration policies mostly affected Germany, not Europe in general (and no, Germany was not destroyed either). I do not deny that there exist refugees who have commited murder or rape in Germany.
I never said Europe was destroyed, just that it was being destroyed and I obviously don't mean physically (although vandalism is MUCH higher than what it was when I was a kid) but culturally, morally and financially. Merkel has pretty much been the de facto head of the EU even if she doesn't have such a title. She shaped EU policies that sent migrants flooding in all over Europe, not just Germany. These migrants were not vetted in any way in terms of criminal history, qualifications or even age as over 80% of those that claimed to be minors were actually adults. The vast majority of these migrants are young healthy men with almost no sick, women, children or elderly among them. At least you acknowledge the rapes and murders, so you're not totally arguing in bad faith.

When I say islamisation, I'm not directly referring to the large influx of muslim people, though that's obviously the root of it. What I mean by that is the erasing of native cultures and values and replacing them or at the very least adapting them to suit muslims. Fast food places don't carry pork any more, no McRib at McDonald's in France anymore. It's not just enough that muslims are free to not order the McRib, it's that they demand the restaurant stop serving it altogether because it offends them. And that's the main issue, it's not enough that they are offered a solution to suit them, it needs to be the only solution for everybody, including natives. Many butcher shops in France get vandalized for selling pork, the neighborhoods they were in gets taken over by muslims and then the butcher shop is vandalized until it decides to relocate outside of muslim territory. Because many muslim immigrants operate this way, they reject European ways and refuse to integrate, instead congregating to form enclaves where they can live by their islamic laws and where police seldom dare go and local government seldom interferes. It's basically like a foreign country within a country and those enclaves are growing constantly.

The financial toll is obviously huge as well. Most European countries have great social benefit systems and these systems work really well as long as everybody is doing their part. As soon as you have a group of people that don't contribute anything and just take and make things worse well the system can no longer sustain itself. A country like Sweden spends more money on a single large group of arriving migrants then it does for all of its defense budget. Speaking of Sweden, when I was little Sweden was considered a paradise, a country with virtually no crime, great benefits and an easy going life. Today it's the rape capital of Europe and a place where hand grenade attacks (let that sink in for a second) are increasingly common. Now do you think these peaceful blond people suddenly started raping women and children and throwing hand grenades out of the blue on day? Swedish culture didn't change, So what changed then? Well the one change to Sweden was that they imported islamic people into their country on a large scale and from then on it progressively got worse, so when I talk about islamisation it also means the corruption of native morals and values to the point where the country is unrecognizable.

Last edited:

funkygunther

Dec 22, 2018
Speaking of Sweden, when I was little Sweden was considered a paradise, a country with virtually no crime, great benefits and an easy going life. Today it's the rape capital of Europe and a place where hand grenade attacks (let that sink in for a second) are increasingly common.
Sweden has had three times the average of rape cases in Europe since the mid-90s and while they have spiked since 2014 its important to note that the Swedish statistics are based on rapes reported rather than rapists convicted. So comparing to other countries as "capital of Europe" doesnt really work.

Reactions: Gashtronomy

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Sweden has had three times the average of rape cases in Europe since the mid-90s and while they have spiked since 2014 its important to note that the Swedish statistics are based on rapes reported rather than rapists convicted. So comparing to other countries as "capital of Europe" doesnt really work.
The problem is the Swedish government being so desperate to cover up anything that reflects negatively on islam or immigrants like they did with the Stockholm music festival:

The same can be said about many other European governments that cover up crimes committed not only by immigrants but also by native born citizens of foreign descent. They say stuff like native born citizens commit just as much crime as immigrants but they'll never tell you the ethnicity of the native born criminals. It's always about not wanting to upset those islamic communities. It's to the point where there are two sets of rules and a group that is above the law in some cases. Just look how police in the UK looked the other way for so long with those muslim child rape gangs. I guess deep down they really do fear an islamic uprising and will do anything to avoid it. Meanwhile if something offends a native citizen, they can just fuck off.

The media is obviously complicit as many heinous crimes go unreported at a national level and are instead left buried within local papers. In France the media will often use the term "jeunes" which means "youths" to refer to young criminals of mostly foreign descent. Whenever there is a terror attack in France like the one in Lyon not long ago, I'll have to find out from a foreign source that the suspect is arab/muslim, the French media will always hold off saying it until it's already been said everywhere else. If it's the act of one person, the media will always downplay the islamic terror angle and always say that the suspect had mental health issues and that's why he did what he did. It's all this kind of bullshit that pisses off native populations and make them vote for hard right-wing parties. I don't support and would never vote for those parties but I can understand how some people give in to vote for them because they're tired of their government pretending like there's no problem and that if there is one it's just them being racist and islamophobic.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Lime was a poster here. He/She was either an extreme LGBT SJW or a troll with the second being in my opinion the more likely scenario. He/She was caught constantly switching continents. One second he/she lived in US midwest, the next in Denmark. At the time this place was still being run by the insane mods and Lime was a protected poster, a voice we needed to hear, and people that called him/her out for his/her teleportation skills actually caught a ban for it.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2013
Official statement is it is lack of water.

That's bullshit (and I have not once voted for her or her party).
That does not look like dehydration symptoms. Cramps are one of the most common symptoms of dehydration and that definitely does not look like cramps.

Corderlain

Jun 12, 2018
She's an old ass bitch and she was probably cold. No point making a huge deal out of it when she's on her way out anyways.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: guggnichso

juliotendo

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2019
Mexico
She has some sort of neurological disease that is slowly manifesting itself in public now more than usual because she is aging, it’s hard to say what it is because we have no information other than two known incidents in public.

Also I doubt many Germans care. She’s essentially destroyed the country and Germany will have many HARD YEARS ahead of it. This is why you don’t elect progressive women who are childless to office.

• Triggered
Reactions: guggnichso

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
it seems German chancellor and EU supreme emperor Angela Merkel has been shaking as of late.

I don’t believe that is Parkinsons. Could be easily explained as dehydration from too much coffee like she said, could also be panic attacks, which can be induced by a variety of medications that elderly overweight people tend to take (and she took on quite some weight recently), could also be a variety of other, more severe conditions. But with Parkinsons, you don’t have that severe shaking that then completely stops again.

Such short and severe shaking that after one or two minutes completely stops is not normal for Parkinson’s at such an early stage as this would need to be.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jun 15, 2013
Dehydration can really mess a person up.
How could a high profile leader possibly become that dehydrated outside of a pretty serious medical condition? There are always refreshments available.

Unless she was pushing through a hell of a flu, this doesn’t pass the sniff test.

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
How could a high profile leader possibly become that dehydrated outside of a pretty serious medical condition? There are always refreshments available.

Unless she was pushing through a hell of a flu, this doesn’t pass the sniff test.
She’s old and overweight and very possibly overworked too. And while I don’t know if there is air condition in the Kanzleramt, I know there wasn‘t in most parts of the Reichstag a few years ago, don’t know how it is now.

There’s also no people running around behind the chancellor looking for their hydration. Well, there might be now.

Also too much coffee is actually a thing, especially as you get older.

It is a probable explanation. Still, could also be something more severe. But Parkinsons seems still unlikely.

VedderOA

Oct 10, 2018
Fl
Lime was a poster here. He/She was either an extreme LGBT SJW or a troll with the second being in my opinion the more likely scenario. He/She was caught constantly switching continents. One second he/she lived in US midwest, the next in Denmark. At the time this place was still being run by the insane mods and Lime was a protected poster, a voice we needed to hear, and people that called him/her out for his/her teleportation skills actually caught a ban for it.
Lime LMAO

What a fucking loser
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

NickFire

Mar 12, 2014

I have no idea if she was dehydrated or dealing with something else. But I do believe its a plausible explanation whether it turns out true or not. I've had stretches where work pressure has left me drinking primarily coffee for a couple days straight and ended up so dehydrated I was feeling all sorts of messed up. So to me its plausible regardless of anyone else's diagnosis.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
Many old people tend to not take care of their hydration properly. Young people too, but the higher the age, the harder it gets for the body to compensate.
It was believeble the first time.

I find it really unlikely that after it happened the first time, she would continue not to take care of it.

guggnichso

Banned
May 16, 2005
germany
Apparently a quick check over at the asylum says he/she was banned from there for using alt accounts, which strengthens my troll theory.
I thought he was straight up banned for being a troll, like Alimnassor was finally?

Edit: ahh, fuck it, please don’t answer to this post, I don’t want to derail this discussion of medical professionals here.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
I thought he was straight up banned for being a troll, like Alimnassor was finally?
I don't know anything about that, it just says "Banned for use of an alt account" under their name in their posts:

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
When a statement comes from someone with whom you side, it is remarkable how infrequently you engage critical thought. You unquestioningly accept the official narrative. It's an odd habit.
With whom I side? From Angela Merkel? How on earth do you get the idea I side with Angela Merkel? I would never give my vote to her party, I agree with basically nothing from her party, I feel she jeopardised German democratic systems with her repeated great coalitions and her non-commital style of politics. How can you claim I side with Angela Merkel?

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
No. Rare instances of it occurring later in life ... But a lot of people with it try to hide it in public. I'm just speculating ...
She has been chancellor for 14 years, CDU boss (biggest party in Germany) from 2000 to 2018, secretary general of the CDU from 1998-2000 and minister from 1991-1998. So from 1994 to 2019 she was constantly in the public's eyes, I do not deem it likely that she manages to hide such a disorder for 28 years, only to then fail to hide it twice in close succession.

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Apr 23, 2018
deaftourette.com
She has been chancellor for 14 years, CDU boss (biggest party in Germany) from 2000 to 2018, secretary general of the CDU from 1998-2000 and minister from 1991-1998. So from 1994 to 2019 she was constantly in the public's eyes, I do not deem it likely that she manages to hide such a disorder for 28 years, only to then fail to hide it twice in close succession.
I'm not saying she has it. But I will say that most people who meet me never see one tic from me. Most don't know that I have it unless I tell them. There's degrees of severity and I'm on the low end. But if it comes out in public, that means I'm under a lot of stress... Which makes hiding it harder.

I don't know enough about her (thanks for the info) to say anything either way. But the scenario you presented is entirely possible with relatively benign TS.

But after viewing the video, I'd say it looks more like Parkinson's.