• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merkel seen shaking twice in two weeks. Parkinson's?

Mar 30, 2012
It was believeble the first time.

I find it really unlikely that after it happened the first time, she would continue not to take care of it.
There's some water right there in the clip. If I'm so dehydrated I'm physically shaking, I would prolly take a drink of that.

• LOL
Reactions: RedVIper

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
She has been chancellor for 14 years, CDU boss (biggest party in Germany) from 2000 to 2018, secretary general of the CDU from 1998-2000 and minister from 1991-1998. So from 1994 to 2019 she was constantly in the public's eyes, I do not deem it likely that she manages to hide such a disorder for 28 years, only to then fail to hide it twice in close succession.
She was healthy for a long time in the past.
Therefore she can not be unhealthy in the present or the future.

That is your argument?

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
She was healthy for a long time in the past.
Therefore she can not be unhealthy in the present or the future.

That is your argument?
No. Maybe she is sick, but Tourette itself is a disorder that to my best knowledge usually manifests early. I was just saying it does not seem very likely she now has Tourette. Parkinson however would certainly be plausible, I just do not see a reason why she would lie about it - now, at most 2 years before she retires.

danielberg

Jun 20, 2018
A bit offtopic but are remote vibrator sextoys actually exciting and fun or is it just annoying for her?

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: SpartanN92

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
May 22, 2018
No. Maybe she is sick, but Tourette itself is a disorder that to my best knowledge usually manifests early. I was just saying it does not seem very likely she now has Tourette. Parkinson however would certainly be plausible, I just do not see a reason why she would lie about it - now, at most 2 years before she retires.
Could be any number of reasons though couldn't it, even if those reasons don't appear in your logic computer brain

Reactions: Mechanized Attacker

Yoshi

Gold Member
May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de
Could be any number of reasons though couldn't it, even if those reasons don't appear in your logic computer brain
Of course she might do it, but she has nothing to gain politically, as a super-well-known person it would come out anyway and demonstrating incomeptence to take care of yourself is a worse signal than having a sickness that will likely not affect her mental capabilities for quite a while.

Boss Mog

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
She's been seen shaking again for a third time but insists she's fine.

• The 64-year-old was visibly shaking as she stood alongside Antti Rinne today
  • But the German Chancellor insists despite the shakes she feels 'very well'
  • On June 27, Merkel was seen shaking while meeting the German President
  • She blamed dehydration for her first shaking episode in public on June 18

Last edited:

Skyr

Sep 4, 2013
It’s time to stop lying and get out with the truth Angie.
I want to know if my chancellor is fit for duty.

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
might not know what she has yet if it's still early, most confident doctors would tell you it's just dehydration or w/e until things get ugly

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
might not know what she has yet if it's still early, most confident doctors would tell you it's just dehydration or w/e until things get ugly
She is the de-facto leader of the euro-zone.
I am certain that her doctor would just wave her off with a w/e probably just dehydration without a very thorough exam.

Reactions: Tesseract

Tesseract

Crushed by Thanos
Dec 7, 2008
She is the de-facto leader of the euro-zone.
I am certain that her doctor would just wave her off with a w/e probably just dehydration without a very thorough exam.
these things happen

yer prolly right, just floating it's not that unheard of to get high marks from an overconfident doctor

Chittagong

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2004
I am far from a fan of Merkel, but this is really sad regardless. That level of shaking can only indicate a pretty serious neurological condition. It's shame she can't seem to let go and take care of herself in private.

ruvikx

Jan 12, 2018
Hitler also started having the shakes when the tide turned against him. Maybe it's what happens to German leaders when plans for the next great empire inevitably go awry.
Merkel's definition of a "great empire" is the complete annihilation of the German nation & its people. Wilhelm II must be puking in his grave.

She can't leave office yet. She isn't quite done totally destroying Germany beyond repair.
Bingo.

Reactions: RSB and Riven326

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Not sure about the cause. It is a wicked dance move though.
I grew up in far north sweden.

We call it the coffee shake.
If you have been so busy working hard physically and you havent had time to eat the whole day but you had time for 10+ cups of very strong coffee.
Coffee shake happens.

(In the rural areas, strong black coffee is the only thing that keeps people from fainting out of lack of sleep.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Cunth and Scopa

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
I grew up in far north sweden.

We call it the coffee shake.
If you have been so busy working hard physically and you havent had time to eat the whole day but you had time for 10+ cups of very strong coffee.
Coffee shake happens.

(In the rural areas, strong black coffee is the only thing that keeps people from fainting out of lack of sleep.)
Yeah, I worked in a cafe in my early twenties. Many times we didn’t eat and drank strong coffee all night. I’m well acquainted with the coffee shake, lol.

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Yeah, I worked in a cafe in my early twenties. Many times we didn’t eat and drank strong coffee all night. I’m well acquainted with the coffee shake, lol.
Cool. My "coffee shake" is just a word by word translation from the Swedish term we used. Is it called "Coffee shake" in australia too ?
EDIT: I just ask because it never comes up in normal conversation : what is it called when you drink so much coffee it looks like you have Parkinsons ?

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Oct 27, 2017
your mind
Cool. My "coffee shake" is just a word by word translation from the Swedish term we used. Is it called "Coffee shake" in australia too ?
EDIT: I just ask because it never comes up in normal conversation : what is it called when you drink so much coffee it looks like you have Parkinsons ?
Nah, we didn’t have a name for it. We just said: “Are you ok, man? You look fucked up.”

And then we’d go out for after work drinks until the sun came up.

Good times.

• LOL
Reactions: Cunth