• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Messageboard Rumor (2 Posters) - PS3 Firmware 1.92 Available Tonight

jmd494

From the Playstation boards. I don't know the history of these posters but here are the quotes:

Savier said:
So i called sony to complain about warhawk and see if they had any usefull information about the freezing and stats etc...

This is what i was told from the sweet lady on the other end...

Sony is realeasing update 1.92 on the 4th (tomorrow) and it will be for usb downloading and game updates to fix some issues. Could be some hope for the freezing issues. And if this info is old, then im sorry.

Then...

ChiefsFan881129 said:
Guys you people need to quit calling the guy a lier he is actually right and is telling the truth i just called sony to confrim ifdthis was fake or true and i spoke with a sony rep who said they just got a notice that PS3 Frimware Update 1,92 will be out tonight at midnight

and i asked him to read me off the furtures list and there were a couple things that sound interesting but the rest i could not understand what he was reading

but i asked him if XMB Ingame was part of the update and he said NO So people please dont ask cuz its will prolly come out next month in 2.00 with Home so to summerize please quit calling people a lier if ya dont believe it call them and ask them i just did so its now official PS3 Firmware Update 1.92 is coming tonight at midnight thanks

EDIT: I'm looking for rumored features now. I'll update as they come.

EDIT 2: Anyone who wants to call and corroborrate/ask for features should feel welcomed to :D.

First rumored feature: PSP-like XMB themes (a.k.a. colors). Quote:

ChiefsFan881129 said:
yeah i asked for the futures list and my phone was cutting out but i did manage to hear something about being able to use PSP Themes i think if that what i heard its prolly the XMB Colors like we use on the PSP With all the different colors

Mrbob

1.92? Eh, sounds like a hotfix update.

Hopefully 2.0 is out soon. I miss a big firmware update on PS3. :/

JB1981

Tieno said:
Your PS3 died? How?
It just overheated out of nowhere. It froze during Warhawk, shut itself down and now it freezes every time I boot it up. I think the GPU or CPU were heavily damaged due to overheating. I guess the fan wasn't doing it's job. :(

JdFoX187

Banned
JB1981 said:
It just overheated out of nowhere. It froze during Warhawk, shut itself down and now it freezes every time I boot it up. I think the GPU or CPU were heavily damaged due to overheating. I guess the fan wasn't doing it's job. :(
What's Sony's policy on faulty consoles?

jmd494

JdFoX187 said:
What's Sony's policy on faulty consoles?

???

They replace them if they're under warranty still (1 year warranty standard so until 11/17/07, everyone's is under warranty).

gbovo

JB1981 said:
Have you called Sony to have the system replaced?

JdFoX187

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
???

They replace them if they're under warranty still (1 year warranty standard so until 11/17/07, everyone's is under warranty).
I was just curious for JB's situation. Him and two or three others on here are the only ones I've ever heard with PS3's crashing like that.

As far as this goes, I call B.S. If I wasn't at work, I'd call and ask myself and be curious.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
mh56 said:
first post:lol
Try posting something relevant. On topic, hope this corrects the Warhawk issues. Or even adds more functionality. Although this would be one their bigger updates. I suspect that will come with their update later this month. If they stay on track with their every 2 months update tendency.

LRB1983

Banned
Justin Dailey said:
First rumored feature: PSP-like XMB themes (a.k.a. colors).
System like PSP would be pretty.
But I think all are minor updates that Sony could keep it for "2.0 mega wanted updated" anyway welcome.

YYZ

Core407 said:
I'm still waiting on the Home open beta.
are they even on target for the October release anymore? May mean that 2.00 is being pushed back. Isn't R&C going to support trophies?

Kinan

mh56 said:

to be banned on your first post is not really an achievement here.

According to my "big update every 2 month" theory, 2.0 should hit around 27d of September. However, its about time for some minor bug fixing update, so it is possible. As others mentioned, number 1.92 is strange though, since we didn't have 1.91. Lets just wait.

No_Style

mh56 said:

More like "last post", amirite?

I wonder why the rumor would call it 1.92? Where was 1.91? Sony does not do that unofficial internal releases malarky like NVIDIA does. The only possible explanation would be that the firmware fixes a lot of problems.

Doc Evils

Kinan said:
to be banned on your first post is not really an achievement here.

According to my "big update every 2 month" theory, 2.0 should hit around 27d of September. However, its about time for some minor bug fixing update, so it is possible. As others mentioned, number 1.92 is strange though, since we didn't have 1.91. Lets just wait.

I'm feeling 2.0 will come with Home.

sk3tch

Don't forget that the new PSP revisions are releasing very soon...we could see firmware updates for the PS3 to coincide with that.

x3sphere

There's no way it's 1.92 ... has to be 1.91.

Anyways a new firmware coming soon seems likely. Sony usually release PS3 and PSP firmware updates at the same time. Firmware 3.60 for PSP should be released either tomorrow or on September 5 as that's when the Slim launches in Europe.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
(neutral) mh56
Banned
(Today, 05:02 PM)
Reply | Quote

My, my, my, what a tangled web we weave. Serves you right.

Top Bottom