• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Met Johnny Depp Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ant1532

Banned
Well I'm not sure if some of you know but Johnny Depp is in a band called "The Kids" And one of my dad's best friends is in the band. And they had a reunion yesterday which I went to yesterday and got to meet Johnny.

Got him to sign my sisters huge ass poster she has and took only 2 pictures.(Didn't want to get on any nerves ya know)

signing.jpg

And heres a pic of him with my dad
johnyanddad.jpg

bud

Damn, johnny looks really good for his age (43?) but most importantly, he's a great actor

didn't you take a pic with him?!

:/

ant1532

Banned
worldrunover said:
Why is Johnny Depp in a band?
Because he loves music and is great at it too...

Anyways, I was actually gimped though because I had to go to school at 9:00 am and I only got to hang for like 40 minutes. Ah well he is playing tonight, if I go more pics... But chili cookoff is tomorrow... so probably not..

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
By the way, how tall did he look (how tall is your dad?)? I've seen evidence that he's no taller than 5'8, and he looks so much taller than that on screen.

GhaleonEB

Cool that you got to meet him. Depp has been in a band for a long time - I remember reading about his band in the 90's, IIRC.

He's apparantly really nice in person. Everything I've read about him leads me to believe he's pure class. And one hell of an actor.

Random aside: I remember the Oscars where he was nominated for Best Actor the first Pirates movie. Keisha Castle-Hughes, nominated for Whale Rider, was there and the pre-show had done a story on her, where she said she'd always wanted to meet Jonny Depp. She had this huge crush on him. Right before the show started, one of the hosts was interviewing her in the auditorium, and then said, "Oh, there's someone you want to meet...." and led her over to Depp. He was a total gentleman - took her hand and kissed it, etc. Very classy. Anyways - congrats on meeting him.

Raistlin

What I've heard of 'P' (one of his later bands - '90's maybe?) wasn't all that bad.

It wasn't crap like DogStar.

ant1532

Banned
demon said:
By the way, how tall did he look (how tall is your dad?)? I've seen evidence that he's no taller than 5'8, and he looks so much taller than that on screen.
He is probably 5'10 - 5'11. My dad is 6 feet

Kelsonk

Now I can say that I know of someone on an internet gaming forum whose dad's best friend was in the same band as Johnny Depp several years ago.

BuG

He always comes across as a laid-back, down to earth guy with some real smarts tucked away in his head. The other day I told my girlfriend I could go gay for Roger Federer but now that I really think about it I think Johnny Depp would take preference.

Congrats. Depp is one of only a few respectable faces of hollywood. Anyway, Depp was in Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers "Into the Great Wide Open" video which also starred Faye Dunnaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom