• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Barnabot

Hi!
Is everyone doing OK here? I sense a lot of tension.
THERE'S NO TENSION. IT'S JUST YOU WHO IS A FRAUD.

COME HERE!

7MeF7Sd.gif

brap

Banned
Reported. I am Mature AF.

zeEhMQK.jpg
no one:
absolutely nobody:
still nobody:
not a single soul:
literally no one:
not even big chungus:
random incel on neogaf: SOIJAK(500).JPG LOL I QUOTE YOU
[everyone disliked that]
baby yeed: wait that's illegal
brie larson: ok that was lowkey on point
pickle rick: slaps roof of car luke did i ever tell you about the time i turned myself into a pickle? it was an epic moment.
luke: is retarded
CIA: Bane?
sans undertale: hey don't google HP Lovecraft's cat name
[OP googles hp lovecrafts cat name]
CIA: congratulations you got yourself caught!
stan lee: flies past in a spaceship ooooh i dont care what universe you're from that's GOTTA HURT
[everyone laughed]
keanu reeves: you're breathtaking!
area 51 guards:i bet i can take keanu reeves
keanu reeves: you sure about that
keanu reeves: kills all area 51 guards
area 51:wait thats illegal
Everyone liked that
CIA: am I joke to you?
Alt right incels: there's no way star wars can be good agai....
Baby Yeed: hold my beer
Big chungus joined the chat
Drumpf has left the chat
Neogaffer: 'Yeah, I'm thinking this is kind of epic based pilled, maybe a bit of a coom moment?? Idk think I might post a frog.

7FS7ToW.jpg

Jooxed

Gold Member
no one:
absolutely nobody:
still nobody:
not a single soul:
literally no one:
not even big chungus:
[everyone disliked that]
pickle rick: slaps roof of car luke did i ever tell you about the time i turned myself into a pickle? it was an epic moment.
stan lee: flies past in a spaceship ooooh i dont care what universe you're from that's GOTTA HURT
[everyone laughed]
Everyone liked that
Drumpf has left the chat
Neogaffer: 'Yeah, I'm thinking this is kind of epic based pilled, maybe a bit of a coom moment?? Idk think I might post a frog.

7FS7ToW.jpg

You don't say that.

cOhju9l.jpg

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
no one:
absolutely nobody:
still nobody:
not a single soul:
literally no one:
not even big chungus:
[everyone disliked that]
[everyone laughed]
Everyone liked that
Drumpf has left the chat

7FS7ToW.jpg
Someone get brap’s meds.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
While Nintendo very clearly makes games that try to appeal to everyone, I always thought it was funny that the games that are held up as some sort of paragon of maturity in comparison are usually some variation of playing Soldier Mans with lots of violence and blood for violence and blood’s sake.

In movies or books, maturity is equated with intelligence and quality, not killstreaks and how many gibs are flying across the screen.
Very true. In terms of design, game mechanics, and who actually ends up playing them, they're ALL for kids. This tongue in cheek comic says it pretty well:

2kAooaZ.jpg

Nintendo doesn't print money by designing games that only kids will find appealing. And Activision knows what it's doing when making dudebro games with ultraviolence that kids love. The only thing making those games "mature" is some arbitrary label tacked on by the prudes at the ESRB and a flimsy age check at the time of purchase. A game that's truly "designed for adults" is one that ends up with mostly adults playing it because (most) kids wouldn't have any idea how to play them properly.

When I look at my Steam library, my overall top played games are strategy games like Civilization, XCOM, FTL, and simulation games like Simcity 4, Cities Skylines, Anno, etc. If anything, those are the "adult" games because only adults play them. They're too difficult for children, and too "boring" for dudebros.

Holy fuck I didn't know I had over 1,000 hours in both Civ 5 and Civ 6. To be fair, most of that is AFK time. I hope.

My collector's edition copy of Battle Raper 7: Championship Edition Ultra Turbo is Adults only because the ESRB says so #mature

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
lol i wish that was the case. so many M rated games these days and barely any of them have blood in it. its like they ask for the rating so kids can think their games are edgy.
They look like they're getting more violent to me, in terms of graphic/realistic depictions of violence.

But aside from that, blood doesn't always necessarily get the ESRB's attention, It could be excessive bad language and too many titties. But whatever, blame America's puritan cultural roots.

brap

Banned
They look like they're getting more violent to me, in terms of graphic/realistic depictions of violence.

But aside from that, blood doesn't always necessarily get the ESRB's attention, It could be excessive bad language and too many titties. But whatever, blame America's puritan cultural roots.

Technically it's more realistic but where's the blood? The gibs? The dismemberment? And yeah ESRB cares too much about the fuck word and nipples.

There a restaurant that's only a week old just opened up that sells Kangeroos burgers from baby kangeroos.

$7 a burger to try out Aussie meat is too steep for me, I'll just go to Five guys or Burger King thanks.

There a restaurant that's only a week old just opened up that sells Kangeroos burgers from baby kangeroos.

$7 a burger to try out Aussie meat is too steep for me, I'll just go to Five guys or Burger King thanks.
People eat Kangaroo meat??
For some reason, I was under the impression that they're an endangered species.

Very true. In terms of design, game mechanics, and who actually ends up playing them, they're ALL for kids. This tongue in cheek comic says it pretty well:

2kAooaZ.jpg

Nintendo doesn't print money by designing games that only kids will find appealing. And Activision knows what it's doing when making dudebro games with ultraviolence that kids love. The only thing making those games "mature" is some arbitrary label tacked on by the prudes at the ESRB and a flimsy age check at the time of purchase. A game that's truly "designed for adults" is one that ends up with mostly adults playing it because (most) kids wouldn't have any idea how to play them properly.

When I look at my Steam library, my overall top played games are strategy games like Civilization, XCOM, FTL, and simulation games like Simcity 4, Cities Skylines, Anno, etc. If anything, those are the "adult" games because only adults play them. They're too difficult for children, and too "boring" for dudebros.

Holy fuck I didn't know I had over 1,000 hours in both Civ 5 and Civ 6. To be fair, most of that is AFK time. I hope.

My collector's edition copy of Battle Raper 7: Championship Edition Ultra Turbo is Adults only because the ESRB says so #mature
One of my friends on Steam has a thousand hours playing Football Manager. He also said most of it was AFK, that he would listen to the music or ambience in the background.

I have close to 300 hours on Garry's Mod. Otherwise, not many games on my Steam list go into the hundreds except Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row: The Third, and GTA: San Andreas.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
We have Kangaroo meat in Asian restaurants here as well. In fact, there is an over population and Aussies tend to not want to eat the shot Kangaroos.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
There are so many that they are a pest in some areas. There might be some types that are endangered maybe, but it’d be rare.

Baby kangaroos are called joeys. I’ve never heard of anyone eating joeys. That’s interesting.

Kagey K

Banned
There are so many that they are a pest in some areas. There might be some types that are endangered maybe, but it’d be rare.

Baby kangaroos are called joeys. I’ve never heard of anyone eating joeys. That’s interesting.
There’s a restaurant chain in Canada called Joeys Only.

It’s a seafood chain ironically,

Last edited:

I know but I didn't know whether "Joey's Australian Cuisine" was an intentional pun or if the managers name was actually Joey, never actually went in side, just say the sing saying $7 for a single burger 2 for $12. Also apparently a medium fry and an "outback" shake with one burger for $16.99

That would mean dinner for two would be over $32 with tax screw that shit, keep your damn kangaroos.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I know but I didn't know whether "Joey's Australian Cuisine" was an intentional pun or if the managers name was actually Joey, never actually went in side, just say the sing saying $7 for a single burger 2 for $12. Also apparently a medium fry and an "outback" shake with one burger for $16.99

That would mean dinner for two would be over $32 with tax screw that shit, keep your damn kangaroos.
Kangaroo meat isn’t that nice anyway.

Now, wombat on the other hand...

SleepDoctor

Banned
You're hurt cuz i called you on following me around? Lol. Its ok bud.

Your personal attacks are quite hilarious tho. Obviously i have space rented in your head 🤣🤣

Mista

Banned
You're hurt cuz i called you on following me around? Lol. Its ok bud.

Your personal attacks are quite hilarious tho. Obviously i have space rented in your head 🤣🤣
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A DELUDED PATHETIC RETARD

CHECK MY POSTING HISTORY WHERE DID I FOLLOW YOU AROUND?!

What an idiot, i really feel sorry that you're pathetic and nobody

Take your head out of your ass :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SleepDoctor

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A DELUDED PATHETIC RETARD

CHECK MY POSTING HISTORY WHERE DID I FOLLOW YOU AROUND?!

What an idiot, i really feel sorry that you're pathetic and nobody

Take your head out of your ass :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

He's typing in caps now... watch out lol

Truth hurts and you're clearly triggered. Run along now. You've embarrassed yourself enough for the day.

Mista

Banned
He's typing in caps now... watch out lol

Truth hurts and you're clearly triggered. Run along now. You've embarrassed yourself enough for the day.
Dude are you really that retard? How am I embarrassing myself when you accused me of following you around when my posting activity has literally nothing to do with you?

Oh my god I can't believe that theres deluded retards like you:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Top Bottom