• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

I honestly hate the idea of perm bans. I'm not saying there isn't people who were here that will never change their ways. But how would we know? People change. No one is stuck as the very same person forever. Who we all were 5 years ago is not who we are now. That doesn't mean all change is good of course. People could have grown more shitty as time goes on.

We aren't children here. I know that when GAF Staff makes a decision to perm someone, especially a long time member like Brap they do so with sadness. But we aren't children, and why does a "mature" community feel like quickly hitting report instead of ignore? Not everything and everyone is for you.

Don't like the Butt Thread, don't look at it!

Don't like Matt or Yoshi, ignore them

Have a spelling mistake in your thread title, see Matt or Yoshi use slurs like N!gger or F@ggot... then hit report.

It just to me seems odd to expect other users to grow up while you are hitting the "tell mom and dad" button when something you don't like is seen with your mature eyes.

But we aren't children, and why does a "mature" community feel like quickly hitting report instead of ignore? Not everything and everyone is for you.

I saw Deeper Underground Deeper Underground in the PS5 OT say “Anyone who comes in here to stir up shit is getting reported by me” or something like that and I thought, “bro chill out.” I couldn’t reply without derailing further so I just let it slide but I mean do we really need to be issuing these kind of ultimatums? That seems to only serve the purpose of “poking the bear” even further.

I know this won’t quite what you were describing but it has been something I’ve been thinking about today

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I saw Deeper Underground Deeper Underground in the PS5 OT say “Anyone who comes in here to stir up shit is getting reported by me” or something like that and I thought, “bro chill out.” I couldn’t reply without derailing further so I just let it slide but I mean do we really need to be issuing these kind of ultimatums? That seems to only serve the purpose of “poking the bear” even further.

I know this won’t quite what you were describing but it has been something I’ve been thinking about today
That's rich coming from him

Papa

Banned
I honestly hate the idea of perm bans. I'm not saying there isn't people who were here that will never change their ways. But how would we know? People change. No one is stuck as the very same person forever. Who we all were 5 years ago is not who we are now. That doesn't mean all change is good of course. People could have grown more shitty as time goes on.

We aren't children here. I know that when GAF Staff makes a decision to perm someone, especially a long time member like Brap they do so with sadness. But we aren't children, and why does a "mature" community feel like quickly hitting report instead of ignore? Not everything and everyone is for you.

Don't like the Butt Thread, don't look at it!

Don't like Matt or Yoshi, ignore them

Have a spelling mistake in your thread title, see Matt or Yoshi use slurs like N!gger or F@ggot... then hit report.

It just to me seems odd to expect other users to grow up while you are hitting the "tell mom and dad" button when something you don't like is seen with your mature eyes.

Even better, they can use neither function and just scroll the fuck on like a mature adult

Papa

Banned

Fuck the bear

Mista

Banned
Coulomb got caught with an alt and his ban turned into a perm

FUCK YEAH BABY
HonorableBadDoe-max-1mb.gif

bronk

Banned

Anyone who loudly announces ahead of time they are gonna snitch should be immediately reported.

Mista

Banned
I would like to take this moment and say to whoever I hurt or was an asshole to, I will still keep it coming because I don't do this shit without a reason

You lot thought I was going to apologies didn't you? HAH!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How come the FGC people are always retarded, loud and obnoxious?

I would like to take this moment and say to whoever I hurt or was an asshole to, I will still keep it coming because I don't do this shit without a reason

You lot thought I was going to apologies didn't you? HAH!
I like how you mistakenly use apologies instead of apologize, haha.

Top Bottom