• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Ban Puncher

I remember this post because it was recent:

I didn’t go into detail, but I’ve known he was a shitposter for some time.
Nu3L8Eu.gif

Nymphae

Banned
Question: Is there a way to hide certain terms on the forum? I just saw another thread about Jim Sterling and I'd be quite happy to avoid anything to do with him.

No I don't think the forum currently has a way to do what you're asking for. You can still avoid anything to do with him though, I tend to stay out of those threads as well.

ROMhack

I have another question.

The Indie Hangout thread has been archived and I was hoping to keep it open. What's the rule with communities, do they get archived after a certain time?

It's no biggie if it is, I can create another thread if them's the rules.

Edit: And it's been moved back. Thanks!

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I have another question.

The Indie Hangout thread has been archived and I was hoping to keep it open. What's the rule with communities, do they get archived after a certain time?

It's no biggie, I can create another thread if them's the rules.

Moved it over for ya. See the new Communities sticky for details on what we’re doing, and let us know if there are any other threads along these lines to move over.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Ignore is a last resort for me, although I applaud the idea of spring cleaning and second chances.

I can think of a recent occasion where I wasn’t getting along well with someone at all in a thread, only to find common ground a few weeks later and share a lot of laughs.

Point being, humans are complex. For one flaw (or maybe for your flaw) that ruins a conversation, they could have a world of other positive traits. Slamming the ignore button after an argument, makes sure you’ll never see that. Plus, I don’t want to walk around a censored version of Gaf, with major chunks missing,

The only time I’d use it, if someone is truly awful, and dragging down the reading experience wherever they go, like Amirox. Thankfully, life put him on ignore in a 6x8 cell.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Ignore is a last resort for me, although I applaud the idea of spring cleaning and second chances.

I can think of a recent occasion where I wasn’t getting along well with someone at all in a thread, only to find common ground a few weeks later and share a lot of laughs.

Point being, humans are complex. For one flaw (or maybe for your flaw) that ruins a conversation, they could have a world of other positive traits. Slamming the ignore button after an argument, makes sure you’ll never see that. Plus, I don’t want to walk around a censored version of Gaf, with major chunks missing,

The only time I’d use it, if someone is truly awful, and dragging down the reading experience wherever they go, like Amirox. Thankfully, life put him on ignore in a 6x8 cell.
Well excuuuuuuse me.

Top Bottom