• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Mostly fine. I was worried about having something serious like retinal detachment (which can sometimes lead to blindness) but he thinks I have Central serous retinopathy.

basically some fluid leaked in my eye. He said it happens because of chronic stress especially to “type a” personalities. I still have to follow up with a neuroopthamologist and cardiologist. But it’s not the serious thing I was worried about so I’m feeling pretty good. Basically just have to manage my stress better.

thanks for asking :pie_smfaceyes:
How's your brown eye?

basically some fluid leaked in my eye.
Stop It Michael Jordan GIF

Kev Kev

they really do bleed if I neglect them. I wish I had some grisly pics to post but I've been taking care of them this year.
used to happen to the bottoms of my feet too. as any respectable Florida swamp child would do, i used to go bare foot everywhere. playing, riding my bike, going to the gas station for snacks, pretty much everything. my mom would make me put this moisturizer on my feet at night and i haaaaated it, but if i didnt my shit would crack and bleed and that was worse so...

i still love being barefoot most of the time, but i have ot be careful or ill get all dried out and bleed and those little cuts sting like a mfer

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Always take that extra day off of work when you get back so the wife can deny your advances the second the kids are out the door

also never fear: there are many more seconds left in the day

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Always take that extra day off of work when you get back so the wife can deny your advances the second the kids are out the door

also never fear: there are many more seconds left in the day
No kids so far but yeah, we’ve got time home to get caught up and settled.

Star-Lord

Really couldn't hurt to talk to a professional about it. We all respond to things in different ways and that may be the best way to be sure you're coping healthily. Best wishes.
But I didn’t even known the person. I was in town, he was a few feet in front of me, and he just dropped to the ground. I couldn’t find a pulse, called 999, the ambulance came and the paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene. It’s just…I don’t know.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
All this thinking about my anus reminds me I'm due for a trim. My poops have been getting messy lately.

I'm the same. My problem with a lot of movies I try watching is they aren't engrossing enough, to the point where I'm peeping the runtime to see how much is left. These days, I watch a lot of YouTube content.

Works out in the end, as when I do watch a movie I'm more in the mood for it and it's something I usually actually want to see.

Sup cunts?

I saw this thread get bumped and it made me think of you. ❤

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
One of my friends has this habit of calling whenever he’s bored and not really having anything to say. It’ll just be like

“What’s going on?”
“Not much, you?”
“Not much”
10 seconds of dead air
“So uh… any gaming deals or anything?”
“Not that I know of”

And it’ll go on for like an hour unless I cut it short. It’ll just be a series of random questions.

And then sometimes it’ll happen multiple times in one day.

The thing is, I never know if it’s going to be important or not, so I still answer from time to time, but I hate when I’m in the middle of like a movie or fighting a boss battle in a game, get a call, pick it up, and it’s just like “what’s up?” And I’m like ugh.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
One of my friends has this habit of calling whenever he’s bored and not really having anything to say. It’ll just be like

“What’s going on?”
“Not much, you?”
“Not much”
10 seconds of dead air
“So uh… any gaming deals or anything?”
“Not that I know of”

And it’ll go on for like an hour unless I cut it short. It’ll just be a series of random questions.

And then sometimes it’ll happen multiple times in one day.

The thing is, I never know if it’s going to be important or not, so I still answer from time to time, but I hate when I’m in the middle of like a movie or fighting a boss battle in a game, get a call, pick it up, and it’s just like “what’s up?” And I’m like ugh.
Are you both more listeners than talkers? I’m a listener but my brother is a talker so we can talk for hours on the phone without getting bored.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Are you both more listeners than talkers? I’m a listener but my brother is a talker so we can talk for hours on the phone without getting bored.
I'm more of a talker, but I also don't fire people up if I don't actually have anything to say :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My phone/text etiquette has always been to only contact people if I have something important to say or to check in if I haven't talked to someone in a while. In general I'm just not a fan of trivial small talk. Especially if it interrupts me when I'm in the middle of something important or something I'm enjoying. Which it always seems to, that just seems to be how it works out.

I'm OCD about wasting time, so if I spend an hour of my day talking or texting, when I lay down at night I'll be pissed I spent that hour doing something that was unproductive.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I'm not trying to bash anyone trying to moderate a bunch of random fanatics on a forum, but it's pretty frustrating when you get a notice and don't understand what they are saying and have no way to open a dialog. I'm sure it would just lead to further abuse, but fuck I get why people have account suicide threads sometimes.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I'm not trying to bash anyone trying to moderate a bunch of random fanatics on a forum, but it's pretty frustrating when you get a notice and don't understand what they are saying and have no way to open a dialog. I'm sure it would just lead to further abuse, but fuck I get why people have account suicide threads sometimes.

Earlier this year I asked for a temp vacation when my last kid was born and it was taken care of in like fifteen minutes, what’s this about no way to open a dialog? There’s a contact us and help link right at the bottom of the page, and you can DM mods.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Earlier this year I asked for a temp vacation when my last kid was born and it was taken care of in like fifteen minutes, what’s this about no way to open a dialog? There’s a contact us and help link right at the bottom of the page, and you can DM mods.
I guess that makes sense assuming the mods are 100% on the same page with each other, otherwise it's odd not knowing who sent you the messages.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I've had my current iphone for 2 years, and I barely use it. And my battery health was at 91% today when I checked. I can't remember the last time I checked my battery health.

Is that normal?

I've read that if it gets below 80% that's when it's recommended you replace the battery. That seems to be rather close for someone who barely uses his phone and has only had it for 2 years.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I've had my current iphone for 2 years, and I barely use it. And my battery health was at 91% today when I checked. I can't remember the last time I checked my battery health.

Is that normal?

I've read that if it gets below 80% that's when it's recommended you replace the battery. That seems to be rather close for someone who barely uses his phone and has only had it for 2 years.
Mine’s at 91% and only just over a year old, but I use it way too much, I think your doing fine.

nush

Is that normal?

It might show a high charge, but it will run down really quickly.

Top Bottom