• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Agreed. Tell Matt to shut the fuck up to his face.
Bitch do you wanna get mocked
Nothing you say will be as embarrassing as this.

Please shush.
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
I'm just messing with you, matt.. Why are you getting emotional over permabanned accounts.

People are going to take their parting shots. It’s hardly a big deal.

CyberPanda

Banned
You just want them to fight shirtless, don't you?

Last edited:

Fushitsusha

Banned
wyQ4g7X.jpg

Saw a video of this once.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Surprised Enygger_Tzu Enygger_Tzu didn't get a permaban. Racists aren't welcome so keep those opinions to yourself in the race threads. See you in a month and change.

Edit: This reads like I'm wagging my finger at him lol, but I appreciate posters with balls to speak their minds. I was trying to be a bit cheeky about how we have a lot of racial threads but really you're only allowed to express certain opinions on the topic.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Surprised Enygger_Tzu Enygger_Tzu didn't get a permaban. Racists aren't welcome so keep those opinions to yourself in the race threads. See you in a month and change.

Edit: This reads like I'm wagging my finger at him lol, but I appreciate posters with balls to speak their minds. I was trying to be a bit cheeky about how we have a lot of racial threads but really you're only allowed to express certain opinions on the topic.

We have a wide variety of opinions that are acceptable. Hell, JordanN isn't banned yet and constantly missuses scientific data to extrapolate rather... *interesting* claims. What Enygger-Tzu did was outright racist and chances are, knowing them, they will return to quickly cop a permanent ban with further racist idiocy.

Barnabot

We have a wide variety of opinions that are acceptable. Hell, JordanN isn't banned yet and constantly missuses scientific data to extrapolate rather... *interesting* claims. What Enygger-Tzu did was outright racist and chances are, knowing them, they will return to quickly cop a permanent ban with further racist idiocy.
About JordanN I'm not sure if he had realized yet but that thread Yoshi created started with somewhat empty claims but now it's been what... 2 weeks since the thread has been created and JordanN is still sitting there with his long ass posts with his claims based on statistics.

The thing is Yoshi Yoshi has nothing to lose on his crusade and his main goal is to prove JordanN is racist and therefore maybe getting a ban for that as a consolation prize. JordanN on the other end has his credibility to lose each time he still sits on that thread because he will eventually slip on one of his arguments which will be the necessary point Yoshi wanted to make.

So JordanN JordanN if you are reading this you are being milked for quite some time. You have more to lose. The longer you are sitting on that thread the more you'll be on commiting the necessary slippery slope. (unless you are enjoying the game then go on).

But don't mind me. I'm just observing the game.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
I just came from a thread where saying Women have less physical body strength than Men is "sexist".

I'm not scared. I am serious when I say I take facts over feelings.

There was a post on Resetera the other day that claimed supporting the 1st and 2nd amendment makes you a confirmed Nazi. Will I be banned for saying I support free speech now?

You don't have to listen to what everyone says when they make shit up to claim everything is racist. You can check all my posts, I always linked to a scientific article to defend my beliefs. People who cry racism can't even refute what I'm saying because THEY KNOW what I'm saying is correct.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
There was a post on Resetera the other day that claimed supporting the 1st and 2nd amendment makes you a confirmed Nazi. Will I be banned for saying I support free speech now?
Neither support of the first nor the second amendment makes you a racist, which is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for being a (neo)nazi. Comments by some random Resetera user are also not more than that: Comments by some random person on the internet.

JordanN

Banned
Neither support of the first nor the second amendment makes you a racist,
Why? Is it because you have facts to support this, or is it because of what your feelings say?

See, that's the difference right there. Anything can be called racist as long as the justification is "my feelings don't like this".

I use Reset as an example of what happens when a left-wing echo chambers gets it way and soon want's to impose its definition of "racism" upon the world (and don't pretend they don't. They' continue to harass game developers with bogus claims, like their recent offense at a Crash Team Racing game) .

Meanwhile, the reason Neogaf doesn't go down this path is not because we refuse to be like Resetera, but because certain facts still matter.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Why? Is it because you have facts to support this, or is it because of what your feelings say?
First amendment is the freedom of speech and religion, the second amendment concerns the right to bear firearms, racism is defined here:
Racism is the belief, that humans can and should be separated by race and that these races are superior/inferior to each other (in various aspects) or should receive preferential treatment on the basis of their race. It is expressed, also in race-based generalisations.
The freedom of speech is not a statement about race and the right to bear firearms (not limited by ethnicity in any way) are not and do not include the belief that humans can and should be separated by race, so we do not need to check the rest of the definition, it does not match. You can use the rights granted by the amendments to perform acts rooted in racism, but supporting these rights does not make you a racist. You can be a racist and in support of either (or both), you can also be a racist and be in support of neither.

I use Reset as an example of what happens when a left-wing echo chambers gets it way and soon what's to impose its definition of "racism" upon the world.
Or maybe it is just a case of a single individual on the site saying something incorrect about racism.

JordanN

Banned
Yoshi Yoshi , any attempt at justifying the 1st and 2nd amendment without the use of feelings, is using fact.

The 1st and 2nd amendment could totally be racist if enough people got together and decided (based on feelings) that any support for them makes you a Nazi.

Or maybe it is just a case of a single individual on the site saying something incorrect about racism.
Well thank god there's a thread on Neogaf that keeps a long record of them saying "incorrect" stuff. It's never a one time thing, And if you missed my edit, I just showed you a thread where one user complaining about racism got the entire Staff to come to his aid and ban users who disagreed.

Last edited:

DKehoe

Gold Member

See, that's the difference right there. Anything can be called racist as long as the justification is "my feelings don't like this".

I use Reset as an example of what happens when a left-wing echo chambers gets it way and soon want's to impose its definition of "racism" upon the world (and don't pretend they don't. They' continue to harass game developers with bogus claims, like their recent offense at a Crash Team Racing game) .

Meanwhile, the reason Neogaf doesn't go down this path is not because we refuse to be like Resetera, but because certain facts still matter.

You ever wonder if you spend too much time on Resetera? It might be good to give going there a break for a while.

Yoshi

@Yoshi, any attempt at justifying the 1st and 2nd amendment without the use of feelings, is using fact.

The 1st and 2nd amendment could totally be racist if enough people got together and decided (based on feelings) that any support for them makes you a Nazi.
Well, I used the definition, whether something is racist is not a matter of feelings one way or the other.
And if you missed my edit, I just showed you a thread where one user complaining about racism got the entire Staff to come to his aid and ban users who disagreed.
You mean the Tawna thread? This is about racism though, because it is about (allegedly) using racist stereotypes in the game. This is not the same issue. Whether it is fair to claim that the game uses the stereotype, is a different question I am not interested in discussing. Support of first and second amendment is not about racism though.

JordanN

Banned
Well, I used the definition, whether something is racist is not a matter of feelings one way or the other.
Irony.

Yoshi said:
You mean the Tawna thread? This is about racism though, because it is about (allegedly) using racist stereotypes in the game. This is not the same issue. Whether it is fair to claim that the game uses the stereotype, is a different question I am not interested in discussing. Support of first and second amendment is not about racism though.
Show me in U.S history when Bandicoots were associated with watermelon?

That is not a human character.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Show me in U.S history when Bandicoots were associated with watermelon?

That is not a human character.
The argument is that the colour of the Bandicoot was specifically chosen to mock black people. You need not agree that this is the case, but if they did choose the darker skin tone for Tawna deliberately because of the watermelon prejudice, then it would be a matter of racism. Of course, it stands to be argued whether they did it because of the racist prejudice (I doubt that!) but the accusation is one of racism.

Ornlu

Banned
There's no point taking part in a discussion about race. People get 100% in their feelings, whether they are right or wrong. There's no upside, beyond hopefully convincing someone not involved in the discussion. Just living a normal life you will see things in reality that would be "racist" to say in public life.

Tesseract

Banned
The argument is that the colour of the Bandicoot was specifically chosen to mock black people. You need not agree that this is the case, but if they did choose the darker skin tone for Tawna deliberately because of the watermelon prejudice, then it would be a matter of racism. Of course, it stands to be argued whether they did it because of the racist prejudice (I doubt that!) but the accusation is one of racism.

that's the narrative, at least

Yoshi

Now you're lying.

The thread is not complaining about a dark colored character.
It is. Quoting Post #3 as an example:
Yeah I can see why, I think if they didnt make the skin colour darker then I'd be okay but yeah, i dont know who approved that choice.
They also acknowledged that other characters with a watermelon skin exist that do not have darker toned skin / fur - and they do not complain about those.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah, it is a tad odd to have a stance that racists aren't welcome and then give people a temp ban for making clearly racist comments. That's more saying racists are welcome, as long as they keep their shitty beliefs to themselves. That doesn't really bother me as if they keep it to themselves who cares. But it just seems to delay the inevitable as clear racists are going to show their ass again sooner or later and catch the perm more often than not. Might as well just nip it in the bud. But hey, not my site, and like I said it doesn't bother me. Easy enough to use ignore and not notice when they come back anyway.

Top Bottom