• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Ornlu

Banned
Yeah, it is a tad odd to have a stance that racists aren't welcome and then give people a temp ban for making clearly racist comments. That's more saying racists are welcome, as long as they keep their shitty beliefs to themselves. That doesn't really bother me as if they keep it to themselves who cares. But it just seems to delay the inevitable as clear racists are going to show their ass again sooner or later and catch the perm more often than not. Might as well just nip it in the bud. But hey, not my site, and like I said it doesn't bother me. Easy enough to use ignore and not notice when they come back anyway.

The poster has been permed. I'd imagine the temp ban allows time to look into their history and make a more permanent decision if needed.

JordanN

Banned
It is. Quoting Post #3 as an example:
They also acknowledged that other characters with a watermelon skin exist that do not have darker toned skin / fur - and they do not complain about those.
They're projecting a human race to represent a cartoon animal. That is not a stereotype/racism.

N1c6lK4.png

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
They're projecting a human race to represent a cartoon animal. That is not a stereotype/racism.
You could very well use animal characters to mock an ethnic group. As I said, I do not believe this was the intention here, but the accusation is one concerned with racism.

JordanN

Banned
You could very well use animal characters to mock an ethnic group. As I said, I do not believe this was the intention here, but the accusation is one concerned with racism.
How do you accurately identify which race a Bandicoot is? If you can project human races onto animals, then everything can be viewed as racism.

Last edited:

Yoshi

How do you accurately identify which race a Bandicoot is? If you can project human races onto animals, then everything can be viewed as racism.
Since human races do not exist, biologically, just the same way you would for a human: Use some visual cues such as colour of skin.

JordanN

Banned
Since human races do not exist, biologically, just the same way you would for a human: Use some visual cues such as colour of skin.
Different races have different shades of skin. There is nothing for a fact that says this character can't also be Mexican.

kiiltz

Is this thread the unofficial sequel to Yoshi vs JordanN Debate Apocalypse Episode 1: "Stop calling Republicans Racists"?
I'm intrigued by the Yoshi/JordanN rivalry.

What scientific charts will JordanN pull out next?

How many more ways can Yoshi call JordanN racist?

Will it end with the two walking off, fist bumping in the sunset?

Will the power of friendship come through and today's enemies become tomorrow's friends?

Or could it end in bitter heartbreak, a cautionary tale of eternal rivals?

Stay tuned for the next episode!!

Ornlu

Banned

BRUH

Please tell me you aren't one of those "I don't see race at all!", or "Our differences are only skin deep!" people.

Ornlu

Banned

Will the power of friendship come through and today's enemies become tomorrow's friends?

"Next week, on a very special episode of As The Ban Looms..."

Kagey K

Banned

It's a work. After the show they get in the same car together and drive to the next thread.

Yoshi

BRUH

Please tell me you aren't one of those "I don't see race at all!", or "Our differences are only skin deep!" people.
I'm a "there exist no human races in biology, because biologists say so" kind of guy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_categorization) said:
Modern scholarship regards race as a social construct, an identity which is assigned based on rules made by society. While partially based on physical similarities within groups, race is not an inherent physical or biological quality.[1][2]

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm a "there exist no human races in biology, because biologists say so" kind of guy:

You really shouldn't ever quote wikipedia on science. Post more than 5 scientific journals with decent to high impact factors that directly support what you claim. You would be taken more seriously.

Ornlu

Banned

Doesn't that stance kind of turn a blind eye to the existence of haplogroups? "Science says so" isn't very effective, IMO, as you can find scientists that support anything you could possibly think of. 10 years from now that might not be the consensus at all, based on the politics of those involved and the source of their grant money.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Yoshi Yoshi Please take the discussion with JordanN JordanN back to the thread you created, thank you.

kiiltz

Yoshi Yoshi Please take the discussion with JordanN JordanN back to the thread you created, thank you.

I06hnxv.gif

Yoshi

Yoshi Yoshi stop shitting up every thread with your stupid moral crusade. It’s like you’re trying to bait Jordan into saying something to get him banned.
Oh, I wonder that matt thinks a moral crusade might be...
Neither support of the first nor the second amendment makes you a racist, which is a necessary (but not sufficient) condition for being a (neo)nazi. Comments by some random Resetera user are also not more than that: Comments by some random person on the internet.
Saying that supporting free speech and the right to bear firearms is not racist? Damn, that must sting, JordanN must be an epsilon away from answering with some call for genocide.

While I do think that JordanN's racism is inacceptable, I was not even talking about that here and sure as hell what I said here is so far from ban baiting that even you with your fucked up sun glasses should be able to see this.

Now I do not know whether this discusion belongs here or in the other topic, but as a rule of thumb I will answer where I am talked to.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
JordanN has been warned though.

Pretty sure they caught a temp ban the last time I was around here. Think it was for some bell curve fud trying to argue that stats showed blacks were less intelligent IIRC.

Barnabot

Pretty sure they caught a temp ban the last time I was around here. Think it was for some bell curve fud trying to argue that stats showed blacks were less intelligent IIRC.
No I mean this time with the post I did earlier in this thread. The temp ban thing you've mentioned I was not aware before a couple of days.

The fuck going in around here? 🤔

Someone is dancing with this song.

(This is home) Turns you from hunted into hunter (Yeah)
(This is Mean Street) You go an' hunt somebody down
Wait a minute, ah (This is home) Somebody said "Fair warning", Lord
(This is Mean Street) Lord, strike that poor boy down!

Understood?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Oh, I wonder that matt thinks a moral crusade might be...

Saying that supporting free speech and the right to bear firearms is not racist? Damn, that must sting, JordanN must be an epsilon away from answering with some call for genocide.

While I do think that JordanN's racism is inacceptable, I was not even talking about that here and sure as hell what I said here is so far from ban baiting that even you with your fucked up sun glasses should be able to see this.

Now I do not know whether this discusion belongs here or in the other topic, but as a rule of thumb I will answer where I am talked to.

No one gives a shit.

Papa

Banned
JordanN has been warned though.

Yeah, so then it should be common courtesy to not make a thread labelling him a racist without supporting evidence, thus forcing him to defend himself by providing his own evidence. As DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi pointed out in that thread, it was a dumb idea because it basically gave him license to again start talking about these ideas that he had previously been warned about. It would be incredibly unfair to not allow him to talk about them when one user is waging a moral crusade against him over them. Then to carry that bullshit over here when it has its own dedicated thread is just peak Yoshi autism.

Yoshi

Yeah, so then it should be common courtesy to not make a thread labelling him a racist without supporting evidence, thus forcing him to defend himself by providing his own evidence. As DunDunDunpachi DunDunDunpachi pointed out in that thread, it was a dumb idea because it basically gave him license to again start talking about these ideas that he had previously been warned about. It would be incredibly unfair to not allow him to talk about them when one user is waging a moral crusade against him over them. Then to carry that bullshit over here when it has its own dedicated thread is just peak Yoshi autism.
You really should take off your sunglasses, because your reading comprehension is getting worse by the minute. Disregarding the fact that I talked about a totally different thing to JordanN here (of course still linked a bit to the topic of racism, but not about calling him one), you also completely ignore that Barnabot is talking about his warning I'd ban bait JordanN. Which I do not (and it would be stupid to try, because, I repeat, this guy, who believes blacks are genetically handicapped in terms of IQ, survived bishoptl; call him autistic or otherwise, but he has an incredible feeling for what he can and cannot say and self-constraint), but Barnabot is free to think I am.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken

giphy.gif

I just wanted to say that E3 this year, despite it being mostly average regarding game announcements and whatnot, was still really cool to experience on an active forum such as NeoGAF. I'm looking forward to TGS, PlayStation Experience and other such exciting live industry events in the future.

Last edited:
Top Bottom