• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Just don't react, I guess, if you feel like the joke hasn't landed for you. Or in the case of MHK, just give him a pity LOL so he can feel good about his reaction score.:goog_blowing_kiss:
I already said I don't give reactions to those posts, the keywords being "those posts". I don't know why some people are under the impression that this means I won't react to them at all because I mentioned in my initial post that I was talking about shitposting and reusing meme images.

Other people were giving their opinions on reactions and I decided to give mine. That's all it is.

Papa

Banned
I already said I don't give reactions to those posts, the keywords being "those posts". I don't know why some people are under the impression that this means I won't react to them at all because I mentioned in my initial post that I was talking about shitposting and reusing meme images.

Other people were giving their opinions on reactions and I decided to give mine. That's all it is.

Thank you for your feedback

You're banned from my Kojima Community Thread. I can't have Hayters staining and smearing my safe space.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned

it's ur lucky reaction tho

Last edited:

brap

Banned
sooooo y'all gonna give me the crack you're on or not?
pic.php.jpeg

-Arcadia-

Banned
Changing the subject for MHK’s sake. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

We were talking about reactions. I hate the effect these things have on me (but don’t stop giving them! ; P ) in regards to turning me into a dopamine junkie and ditz. Several times I’ve caught myself logging into GAF to see my reactions, for a digital self-esteem boost, which is so stupid. I’ve *wanted* to post things I knew were popular, or not say things I knew would be unpopular.

I put an end to that pretty quickly. Whatever I want to post, whatever I would personally enjoy reading, and consider right, is what I post, period. I don’t care if I get ignored or bitched at by 1000 other people, unless I analyzed things and they were right. The checking Gaf frequently for dopamine hits... working on it. : P

Although I love reactions for the reasons I previously stated, it’s crazy how much they or upvotes and downvotes, or whatever, fuck with how humans are wired.

Changing the subject for MHK’s sake. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

We were talking about reactions. I hate the effect these things have on me (but don’t stop giving them! ; P ) in regards to turning me into a dopamine junkie and ditz. Several times I’ve caught myself logging into GAF to see my reactions, for a digital self-esteem boost, which is so stupid. I’ve *wanted* to post things I knew were popular, or not say things I knew would be unpopular.

I put an end to that pretty quickly. Whatever I want to post, whatever I would personally enjoy reading, and consider right, is what I post, period. I don’t care if I get ignored or bitched at by 1000 other people, unless I analyzed things and they were right. The checking Gaf frequently for dopamine hits... working on it. : P

Although I love reactions for the reasons I previously stated, it’s crazy how much they or upvotes and downvotes, or whatever, fuck with how humans are wired.
I'll be honest with you all: the most reactions I get are the ones when I'm being myself. The moment I try to be something else, I get ignored or given the cold shoulder. Just always be yourself and post comfortably. Don't ever feel pressured to say something you don't believe in or find funny.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I'll be honest with you all: the most reactions I get are the ones when I'm being myself. The moment I try to be something else, I get ignored or given the cold shoulder. Just always be yourself and post comfortably. Don't ever feel pressured to say something you don't believe in or find funny.

That is the best life advice in general. Genuineness is an observable, positive trait. It’s also where life is most enjoyable — being yourself, and getting to share that with other people.

Nymphae

Banned

I don't get what all the fuss is about honestly, it's nice to see people dig what you write but at the same time I'm not seeking community validation. I used to post before reactions and have never once posted something specifically to get any reactions (well to be honest asking if any post had received all 7 reactions was a ploy to get it, and it worked - I wanted to be the first lol) If I don't get reactions on content I feel was solid, I'm just like fuck those guys they don't understand my genius :messenger_winking:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't get what all the fuss is about honestly, it's nice to see people dig what you write but at the same time I'm not seeking community validation. I used to post before reactions and have never once posted something specifically to get any reactions (well to be honest asking if any post had received all 7 reactions was a ploy to get it, and it worked - I wanted to be the first lol) If I don't get reactions on content I feel was solid, I'm just like fuck those guys they don't understand my genius :messenger_winking:

I think it could also be a personality thing.

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
Post whatever you feel like posting. It is a discussion forum, after all.
Reasons are just a bonus thing. Sometimes positive, sometimes different to what you'd expect.
But never the true gauge of your post's value. That comes from written responses.

Reactions are just fun

Gimme all the reactions!!! I neeeeeeeeeed them!!

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think you were the 1st ;)
Maybe the 1st that was noticed.
YES!

Nymphae

Banned
I sometimes would randomly check on the reactions list for random posts.
I recall thinking a post got them, or close, many months ago.
I could be wrong.

Either way, pretty exclusive club 😎 where's my cheevo for that

Last edited:
Top Bottom