• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

To All,

I feel this is a bit too self aggrandizement for my tastes, but I don't want to leave on bad terms or just leave people wondering about me. After I got hurt, my world became very small. I am alone in my house all day long. That, along with medication, I think may be affecting my mental state at times. It's only after a couple of days away and reading some of my postings I can see why some would be offended.

I don't like to swear when communicating, I think others will see me as simple minded if I do. And yet, I am throwing around swears like there is no tomorrow lately. I took down my avatar because I had my daughter in it and I started to think that there were perverts in here. I didn't want even her picture involved. I only put it up because, at the time, Ailynn Ailynn seemed brave to show us her face. I figured the least I could do would be to show mine if I was going to make fun of other people.

I was talking to an elderly woman once about the nature of addiction. She had become addicted to pain pills and didn't even realize it. I thought how foolish she was to not recognize the signs. But that's the thing. If the only recourse for pain is a pill that makes it go away, side effects be damned. Your personality changes and those around you are worried but all you want is to not feel pain.

I have never not worked since I was 14 mowing lawns for people living in a trailer park out in the country. I haven't worked since October and the worthlessness I feel about myself is burdensome.

Anyway, I am going to take a step back and regroup. Maybe I will start to post again, or maybe not. You all have helped me through a rough patch in my life right now and I don't want to get myself banned for being a jackass. I am not making excuses. Maybe I should have been banned, I don't know.

Much love to you all!
We are all flawed in our own ways, but what makes this community great is that we have each other's backs as a collective, regardless of the personal differences or mistakes we have or make.

I don't think you should leave the community and isolate yourself further more because that would make things worse for you. At the very least, try to stick to a community thread that you enjoy engaging in and keep in contact with those you trust the most.

During my two months off, I felt that disconnection and it wasn't good for my psyche in the long run. I don't wish that to happen to you as well, so I hope you stick with us and let us handle the rest :messenger_ok:

Kadayi

Banned
To All,

I feel this is a bit too self aggrandizement for my tastes, but I don't want to leave on bad terms or just leave people wondering about me. After I got hurt, my world became very small. I am alone in my house all day long. That, along with medication, I think may be affecting my mental state at times. It's only after a couple of days away and reading some of my postings I can see why some would be offended.

I don't like to swear when communicating, I think others will see me as simple minded if I do. And yet, I am throwing around swears like there is no tomorrow lately. I took down my avatar because I had my daughter in it and I started to think that there were perverts in here. I didn't want even her picture involved. I only put it up because, at the time, Ailynn Ailynn seemed brave to show us her face. I figured the least I could do would be to show mine if I was going to make fun of other people.

I was talking to an elderly woman once about the nature of addiction. She had become addicted to pain pills and didn't even realize it. I thought how foolish she was to not recognize the signs. But that's the thing. If the only recourse for pain is a pill that makes it go away, side effects be damned. Your personality changes and those around you are worried but all you want is to not feel pain.

I have never not worked since I was 14 mowing lawns for people living in a trailer park out in the country. I haven't worked since October and the worthlessness I feel about myself is burdensome.

Anyway, I am going to take a step back and regroup. Maybe I will start to post again, or maybe not. You all have helped me through a rough patch in my life right now and I don't want to get myself banned for being a jackass. I am not making excuses. Maybe I should have been banned, I don't know.

Much love to you all!

I appreciate a bit of contriteness. Whatever you're up to, be the best you, but never be a letter poster. Avatar up dude.

Kadayi

Banned
#LetterPostersMatterToo

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Nymphae

Banned
I suspect the Canadian Authorities are interfering and stopping you from enjoying all that juicy Gif goodness

FpqRH0D.png

lol they also don't like video formats...

Buy seriously, most video domains are blocked for me at my work. I figured that's what was causing the gif domain problems but a few other users were reporting the same thing, made me wonder.

Nymphae

Banned
Could maybe be all those effected are similarly trying to GAF at work? Just a thought 🤔

I didn't dig very deeply but that's a possibility, I thought I had some reason to believe a few were just posting from phones and still were having troubles, but I forget why now. You're probably right.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
On the toilet? With coffee?
I am now (on the toilet). No coffee though. No food or drink items in this containment zone. Hearing about poo particles years ago made sure of that. Although, I never ate or drank on the shitter before that either because I keep my weird tendencies to the sexual domain, not the bathroom.

Is this some sort of weird Australian inside-joke?
You don’t have a toilet coffee table? Dude, where you been? It’s all the rage.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
To All,

Much love to you all!

You are an awesome person and talented cartoonist, and we are all rooting for you! :messenger_heart:

You and your family are in my prayers, and I hope that 2020 ends up being a much better year for you. I wish you all the best in living the most healthy, successful, and joyful life possible. Take care, friend...and I hope we see you around! :)
- Ailynn

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
flex that Sam Sho
Being real for a second, I’m ready to go postal with how many times I’ve seen or heard this abbreviation lately. (Admittedly, it may be because Ben from Giant Bomb says it a lot and anything he says is inherently annoying).

But, why the fuck does the modern generation have to nickname or abbreviate everything? It’s two syllables for fuck’s sake. SHO -DOWN. Sho fucking down. Do millenials have spastic of the tongue? It’s not that hard to say or write!

Sam Sho, Sam Sho. Goo goo, ga ga.

getoffmylawn

brap

Banned
Being real for a second, I’m ready to go postal with how many times I’ve seen or heard this abbreviation lately. (Admittedly, it may be because Ben from Giant Bomb says it a lot and anything he says is inherently annoying).

But, why the fuck does the modern generation have to nickname or abbreviate everything? It’s two syllables for fuck’s sake. SHO -DOWN. Sho fucking down. Do millenials have spastic of the tongue? It’s not that hard to say or write!

getoffmylawn
stop whinin bout shii booma. y u mad tho??

getoffmylawn
Sam Sho rolls down the tongue. Last Blade 2 gets full recognition because how do you abbreviate that? And that shit's been called Sam Sho since ages. Just white people trying to be cool by imitating the minorities.

Anything fun or cool is by minorities. When it's stolen by white people it becomes lame. That's the Napoleon Dynamite effect.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sam Sho rolls down the tongue. Last Blade 2 gets full recognition because how do you abbreviate that? And that shit's been called Sam Sho since ages. Just white people trying to be cool by imitating the minorities.

Anything fun or cool is by minorities. When it's stolen by white people it becomes lame. That's the Napoleon Dynamite effect.
Rolls “off” the tongue.

Fuckin’ millenials.

*grumble*

Top Bottom