• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

GAF truly has the deepest lore
Also can we ban MHK another month for fucking up the format every time he posts a reaction image?

yuXCpg0.png
Actually, the duration of his ban was one month and three weeks.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
By the way, everything that is said here is 99% of the time jokes. So don’t take anything seriously from anyone or feel offended. We’re a fam at the end of the day👍🏻

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Get over this discussion, and take it to a meta thread if you want to address a user in this manner. Discussing his "grammar and English sentence parsing" adds nothing of value to the thread. If you claim he is misunderstanding, what do you think going in on his grammar and the like is going to do?

Think about it.

Again this should be discussed in a PM because they way you are addressing it isn't fair. If you follow this posters posts in this thread you will see that they deliberately will read a quote from the creator of the video in question and then say that they are saying something completely different. Its all there. And when presented with this the poster then tries to attack the person asking questions saying stuff like:

"I don’t care if You believe in the reality or your own dreams."

In the process of trying to deduce how this poster came up with such a vastly different understanding of the words the video creator who literally posted again in this thread what they meant, I asked many questions to how they came up with this and they provided no answers along with sentences that made zero sense while adding passive aggressive comments the entire time. When asking about their native language it was very clearly an attempt to further deduce how they are getting to the claims they are making. The sentence by the poster below:

"MS choose two different teams to mitigate the compromisses of doing the same team doing both versions and even so they ended having to make compromisses."

This has zero context, isn't factual in any case, and isn't in anyway clear what they are trying to say. Are they saying because there's two teams compromises had been made? Are they saying that since there two teams it proves there was a downgrade? Are they saying that since there had to be two teams working on different games compromises had to be made to keep both teams on the same dev cycle? Who knows? And as you say adds nothing to the thread because it's impossible to understand exactly what they are trying to debate.

And since the poster provides no actual context but continues to LOL every post and attack the person asking questions and claiming they are more than clear when they aren't, yes I asked if English was his native language in attempt to understand where the misunderstanding was coming from. Trying to claim I was attacking him by posting that his English was in fact not clear just from a grammar perspective, along with others I might add, is by no means attacking someone when they are indeed wrong. Providing proof only shows that this poster is indeed either mistaken on their understanding of what was said or is deliberately misrepresenting to fit a narrative.

Again this should be discussed in a PM because they way you are addressing it isn't fair. If you follow this posters posts in this thread you will see that they deliberately will read a quote from the creator of the video in question and then say that they are saying something completely different. Its all there. And when presented with this the poster then tries to attack the person asking questions saying stuff like:

In the process of trying to deduce how this poster came up with such a vastly different understanding of the words the video creator who literally posted again in this thread what they meant, I asked many questions to how they came up with this and they provided no answers along with sentences that made zero sense while adding passive aggressive comments the entire time. When asking about their native language it was very clearly an attempt to further deduce how they are getting to the claims they are making. The sentence by the poster below:

"MS choose two different teams to mitigate the compromisses of doing the same team doing both versions and even so they ended having to make compromisses."

This has zero context, isn't factual in any case, and isn't in anyway clear what they are trying to say. Are they saying because there's two teams compromises had been made? Are they saying that since there two teams it proves there was a downgrade? Are they saying that since there had to be two teams working on different games compromises had to be made to keep both teams on the same dev cycle? Who knows? And as you say adds nothing to the thread because it's impossible to understand exactly what they are trying to debate.

And since the poster provides no actual context but continues to LOL every post and attack the person asking questions and claiming they are more than clear when they aren't, yes I asked if English was his native language in attempt to understand where the misunderstanding was coming from. Trying to claim I was attacking him by posting that his English was in fact not clear just from a grammar perspective, along with others I might add, is by no means attacking someone when they are indeed wrong. Providing proof only shows that this poster is indeed either mistaken on their understanding of what was said or is deliberately misrepresenting to fit a narrative.
100%, it's ridiculous.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member

100%, it's ridiculous.

I asked already to move the posts on this subject matter to this thread here. Instead I get more pushback. My PMs are also still open and have been open.

These posts have been moved to this thread for your meta on a user's actions or grammar / English sentence parsing.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I asked already to move the posts on this subject matter to this thread here. Instead I get more pushback. My PMs are also still open and have been open.

These posts have been moved to this thread for your meta on a user's actions or grammar / English sentence parsing.
Apologies, I thought you were being factious about it and saying moving it to a meta thread on a different forum. (as in asking us to leave Neogaf)

And I have sent PM's before to Mods, I think even you before I could be wrong, and never got a reply on a few occasions.

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
Apologies, I thought you were being factious about it and saying moving it to a meta thread on a different forum. (as in asking us to leave Neogaf)

And I have sent PM's before to Mods, I think even you before I could be wrong, and never got a reply on a few occasions.

You sent me one on a user around Christmas time. I will admit, I did not get a chance to respond (forgot to mark it as "unread" for later response), and it slipped my mind with new PMs flooding in. My apologies for not getting back to you since the PM box can fill up, especially from the new gen "insider" requests and the like that happened around that time as well.

For the record, the user in question was dealt with and banned later on due to reports and their posting habits. My PMs are always open going forward.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
You sent me one on a user around Christmas time. I will admit, I did not get a chance to respond (forgot to mark it as "unread" for later response), and it slipped my mind with new PMs flooding in. My apologies for not getting back to you since the PM box can fill up, especially from the new gen "insider" requests and the like that happened around that time as well.

For the record, the user in question was dealt with and banned later on due to reports and their posting habits. My PMs are always open going forward.
No problem. Shit happens. I have sent a PM to discuss my actions and how I believe this particular exchange with a poster was warranted and not a slight at their native language and I think it would be best to discuss it there.

Top Bottom