• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
it's sort of a mess in here sometimes.
Here have another comic

21.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
manga avatars > anime avatars > normal avatars > letter avatars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> feces >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> old hag avatars
V6Qy7HY.png

-Arcadia-

Banned
How do you all handle gifs?

Every time I upload gifs, it seems I run into that Upload Failed message (probably due to file size restriction).

Absolutely maddening, even if I understand that sizes probably have to be kept low, and linking a gif isn’t much better with some sites handling it as stupidly as possible or not even showing up for some people.

Anybody have some insight into saving my sanity, when I just want to make a funny response or something?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Every time I upload gifs, it seems I run into that Upload Failed message (probably due to file size restriction).

Absolutely maddening, even if I understand that sizes probably have to be kept low, and linking a gif isn’t much better with some sites handling it as stupidly as possible or not even showing up for some people.

Anybody have some insight into saving my sanity, when I just want to make a funny response or something?
Sign up for your own imgur acct (it's free) and just upload em, then link them using the 'add picture' feature.

Then all your darkest dreams can be memes

SjOejHH.gif

brap

Banned

Happens to me any time I try uploading something over 1mb

S

slugbahr

Unconfirmed Member

I made myself a server in discord and post pics and gifs in there (8mb limit) and then link to them using the button to the left of the smiley face in the toolbar of the reply box.

Papa

Banned

JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Give it a watch. I promise you’ll be surprised
I know it’s a popular one, but I’ve barely got time to scratch my nuts. Not sure I have room for anime. I’ve got nothing really against it (apart from weirdoes that get too invested in it), but I’ve got sports, cable and other streaming services I barely use already, that devoting time to an anime is low on my list of priorities at the moment.

I did get into the classics GitS/Akira/Ninja Scroll etc in high school, but nothing much since then, just bits and pieces. I even managed to work in a video game/anime store at one point without watching any anime and bullshitting my way through it, lol.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I did get into the classics GitS/Akira/Ninja Scroll etc in high school, but nothing much since then, just bits and pieces. I even managed to work in a video game/anime store at one point without watching any anime and bullshitting my way through it, lol.
You sound like me, never bothered with it since high school when I was into GitS and Akira. JoJo is the first anime I've watched as an adult, and my wife and I really dig it.

Ornlu

Banned
Same. What’s weird is that it can vary. I’ve uploaded 3mb before, other times only 2, but today, anything over 1 doesn’t work. It’s completely argh. Sometimes I end up with five versions of the same gif, trying to make it fit. : P

Thanks Dun Dun, I’m going to try that.

I'm really not sure how it's supposed to work; on one pc I can just copy/paste any gif from a web search...on the other pc I can only post a pic/gif if it's physically saved on my pc. it's probably some odd restrictions combo; I just don't know what it is.

Nymphae

Banned
I'm really not sure how it's supposed to work; on one pc I can just copy/paste any gif from a web search.

So many of those result in blank posts, I don't understand which domains are good and bad, I know some are blocked at my work but others seem to not work for other users who have no sort of web filtering.

Wish we could have some sort of reliable gif upload and hosting onsite. Some of the old E3 gifs used to be one of my favourite things about Gaf, now I feel like I see just as many blank posts that are supposed to be showing me a gif.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So many of those result in blank posts, I don't understand which domains are good and bad, I know some are blocked at my work but others seem to not work for other users who have no sort of web filtering.

Wish we could have some sort of reliable gif upload and hosting onsite. Some of the old E3 gifs used to be one of my favourite things about Gaf, now I feel like I see just as many blank posts that are supposed to be showing me a gif.
I think it has to do with the parsing and how complicated the link is. For example...

This might not work for some people: (https://media0.giphy.com/media/bQ6q...4f0f4420ff60a3dc77d8c1816f929ec&rid=giphy.gif)

giphy.gif

But this might: (https://i.giphy.com/media/bQ6q60FiLQbLy/giphy.webp)

giphy.webp

Nymphae

Banned
Now I'm in inner turmoil trying to figure out where my avatar falls so I know what side im on in the great avatar wars.

7/10 I like the image and that you put your name into the avatar, but it's off center and rotated a few degrees off level so you lose marks. Also the widowed R in your username is triggering.

7/10 I like the image and that you put your name into the avatar, but it's off center and rotated a few degrees off level so you lose marks. Also the widowed R in your username is triggering.
To be fair i'm just bad at shrinking down PNG's for avatars the full version looks better ( imo of course). It's a leftover from when I was streaming on twitch and is just a cartoon version of a real picture of me. But does it qualify as a "normal" avatar or an animal one?

8iKU59J.png

Nymphae

Banned
To be fair i'm just bad at shrinking down PNG's for avatars the full version looks better ( imo of course). It's a leftover from when I was streaming on twitch and is just a cartoon version of a real picture of me. But does it qualify as a "normal" avatar or an animal one?

8iKU59J.png

I was just joking around lol (but the widowed R is triggering)

I would say it's a normal avatar.

Top Bottom