• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Tesseract

Banned
You guys are legitimately the dumbest fucking morons I've ever seen.
3221dc992b55f668ed314ffc830deafb.jpg

Burp

Neo Member
Hey guys, it's Xaero. Just want to clarify things before people think I legitimately spazzed out lol.

I've got a couple of things going on that I feel need my complete attention, and I found myself spending way too much time on here rather than concentrating on the aforementioned issues. So I requested a permanent ban while I'm taking care of things. I ended up logging into my beautiful Bootyful account to clear up some stuff with friends on here that I just vanished on, and also request that it gets deleted as there's really no point in having it.

I was hoping to do it quietly but Matt and Plushy fucked that one up :p

Dunno if the mods mistook that as me "Reeeeing" lol, but if not I'll catch you guys once things have settled down.

I genuinely appreciated the kind words. And no Matt, your dumbass didn't bully me.

Take care everyone ♥

Edit: I feel bad about the joke

Last edited:

plushyp

Hey guys, it's Xaero. Just want to clarify things before people think I legitimately spazzed out lol.

I've got a couple of things going on that I feel need my complete attention, and I found myself spending way too much time on here rather than concentrating on the aforementioned issues. So I requested a permanent ban while I'm taking care of things. I ended up logging into my beautiful Bootyful account to clear up some stuff with friends on here that I just vanished on, and also request that it gets deleted as there's really no point in having it.

Dunno if the mods mistook that as me "Reeeeing" lol, but if not I'll catch you guys once things have settled down.

I genuinely appreciated the kind words. And no Matt, your dumbass didn't bully me.

Take care everyone ♥

I'm rooting for you, girl!

pR7xYKt.jpg

brap

Banned

Take care everyone ♥

sayonara xaero-kun

Papa

Banned

Take care everyone ♥

Peace out farnsgoth

Mista

Banned

Take care everyone ♥

I just woke up for fuck sake and can’t tell if this is really Xaero saying he has alt accounts or what? Anyways if this is Xaero then good luck my man and stay stafe. If this isn’t Xaero then I hope you have a nice day

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Take care everyone ♥

I hope you can unretract your penis

Nymphae

Banned
i thought this thread was dead or lost in the limbo.

I would like to hear from staff about what the intended point of the Communities section is. I feel like this thread, despite being fairly active, is not being seen by a lot of people because it's here as opposed to OT where it originated.

I have never personally liked the idea of the Communities section, that it's a bunch of unrelated topics from separate boards (why not just have this functionality as individual user created lists of threads - ie. the Watched Threads section each user can customize)

I never used to come into it at all because I didn't quite understand how it worked, and still don't, and everything looked like gaming OTs I wasn't interested in.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I think it’s largely intended to stop ongoing communities and OTs from sliding other topics down. It’s a good idea.

The only problem is that, for whatever reason, this Communities tab is, and always has been, a ghost town. People just don’t seem to want to click to the section, not years ago, and not now.

Nymphae

Banned
I think it’s largely intended to stop ongoing communities and OTs from sliding other topics down. It’s a good idea.

Oh no, I had to click page 2 to see more threads because active threads are at the top. I hide evergreen threads that I'm not interested in, problem solved. Maybe better than people simply not visiting Communities, I'd be curious how many people browse it.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Conversely, I wonder what the stats are on people that click Page 2? There strikes me as being a good chunk of people who see a main page, and don’t investigate further.

As such, it’s probably a good idea, or a good idea in theory, to keep that main page as fresh as possible with new topics, rather than existing ones with a handful of users conversing. In theory, both the communities and new threads, should receive maximum exposure.

The only problem is figuring out why users are so reticent to clicking on the Communities section, and how to fix that, because it kind of sinks the concept a bit.

That said, I have seemingly noticed activity picking up. In a sense, placing a popular thread like Meta Gaf here, may have had a positive effect.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah we need a mobile gaming subforum since it is the future.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
pls send plat.. i mean help... plat can work too . it's been almost 2 months since i was not posting anything on gaf. it was all because of warframe.
I know people that have every single frame/item/maxed out gear and have never spent a cent on the game. Shit is scary.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is the next-gen speculation thread going to be GAF's first 1,000 page thread?

I remember on the old forum software we used to have to make new threads when they got to 400(?) pages because otherwise it would crash the system.

I come back to this thread now and again to understand the gravity of the situation here, but it's too random to follow.

I left a joke there btw, but you may miss it since it's so subtle. ;)

Top Bottom