• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

drganon

W7SnFch.jpg

giphy.gif
The next person who posts anything about the ps5 ssd gets a paddlin.

I wouldn't buy it meself tbh.

ateE977.png

You are missing out on some erotic cleavage man, but overall a good indie game.

Regarding JareBear, I did say Hi to him but got ignored. (This was months ago) I wasn't bothered to be honest as you tend to get a lot of folk online who flat out ignore you.

I try to respond when I can but not always on the Laptop so messages may get missed (Phone never shows me responses).

I would never let it get to me if someone is crying for Likes or whether I am ignoring them as it's the internet and stuff like this happens all the time, but not really a fan of the gang mentality where everyone discusses one person about the issue with them openly simply because singling out someone is just as bad as cancel culture.

Let him explain himself here if you really want an answer about his eccentric behaviour and be respectful if he has issues. Ribbing on someone only works when you respect them enough for them to take it. Not everyone is a macho dude/tte with zero mental/physicsl issues.

He probably does need help out of GAF if he is really worrying about Likes/people liking him. I would advise him if he is reading this to not worry about what everyone thinks and stop putting others on ignore, if you don't like a post, you can either counter argue respectfully or just ignore the post without it being personal if you feel the response isn't on a level playing field.

I think Mista did it the right way and gave him a chance before deciding it wasn't worth the effort. If they don't want help or ignore you then move on from it.

Nymphae

Banned
Ok what is the origin of simp - last month it was "stanning" I was seeing everywhere, now that appears to be out of fashion and I'm seeing this everywhere.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Ok what is the origin of simp - last month it was "stanning" I was seeing everywhere, now that appears to be out of fashion and I'm seeing this everywhere.
I don't really know....

Heard it first from PewDiePie and I don't know what the fuck it means

O-N-E

Quoted from a Kotaku article:

“I believe [Switch] is an extension of that idea,” he said. “The fact you can play something at home and take it outside, this is the gamer’s dream. The Switch is an evolution of that.”

“Transfarring,” a phrase that to this day should never be written or uttered outside the safety of quotation marks, was originally revealed in 2011 right before that year’s E3. In a video, Kojima explained how the new feature would allow people share progress between the PS3 and PSP versions of games like Metal Gear: Peace Walker. It was supposed to be the beginning of a whole new “gaming lifestyle.”

I'm surprised you didn't know this MHK. This is a big bullet point in the legend of Kojima.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I think it was pretty awesome at the time but it's the only one I've never replayed. I remember really loving the Shadow Moses section, Raiden's redemption, the final boss fight, and the first level. I bought it last year for 5 bucks when EB was having a PS3 firesale, I should replay that soon.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Yeah, MGS4 is pulled down a bit by it's excesses and mistakes, but I absolutely loved it. I bought a PS3 at $500 (?), just for it, and I don't regret a single cent.

If this game shows Kojima's weaknesses as a game director, it also shows every single strength in amazing fashion .

Yeah, MGS4 is pulled down a bit by it's excesses and mistakes, but I absolutely loved it. I bought a PS3 at $500 (?), just for it, and I don't regret a single cent.

If this game shows Kojima's weaknesses as a game director, it also shows every single strength in amazing fashion .

In what sense?

My biggest issue with it is that it plays like crap. Kojima really tried and failed to make the gameplay modern.

The story was way too much over bearing stupidness for me to enjoy.

Mista

Banned
In what sense?

My biggest issue with it is that it plays like crap. Kojima really tried and failed to make the gameplay modern.

The story was way too much over bearing stupidness for me to enjoy.
You see all of them agreed that its a good game. You not liking it is fine but saying that its dog shit is too much

If it is really dog shit then nobody would agree with me that its a good game. EAT SHIT RICHARD FACKER

Nymphae

Banned
Mechanics on MGS4 make the previous games look like toys until MGS5 took it even further in the open world...

The first level felt so amazing, I really wanted the game to have more areas like that, I enjoyed the rest of the stuff they did with it (besides the stalking spy stuff....), but the mechanics felt so good it was a shame there wasn't more classic MGS'ing like the first level.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The first level felt so amazing, I really wanted the game to have more areas like that, I enjoyed the rest of the stuff they did with it (besides the stalking spy stuff....), but the mechanics felt so good it was a shame there wasn't more classic MGS'ing like the first level.
That was my fav for while but after a couple playthroughs I grew to love Act II (the jungles/base infiltration) and Act V (the Big Shell-like final mission) the most. If you're a Metal Gear fan who loves the weird ways you can abuse certain weapons and tools, those are like a playground.

Though honestly, new game+ is where it's at so that you can use all your stuff in the first mission, too. :messenger_beaming:

Nymphae

Banned
That was my fav for while but after a couple playthroughs I grew to love Act II (the jungles/base infiltration) and Act V (the Big Shell-like final mission) the most. If you're a Metal Gear fan who loves the weird ways you can abuse certain weapons and tools, those are like a playground.

Though honestly, new game+ is where it's at so that you can use all your stuff in the first mission, too. :messenger_beaming:

I forget so much of the game, drawing a total blank on the content from Act II and V, other than Snake's final push, which damn near killed me lol. This is really making me want to revisit it now.

Whenever I lose confidence in the greatness of MGS4, I read your posts about it and fall in love with it again.

A mildly flawed Magnum Opus from Kojima-San.

Top Bottom