• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Saber

Gold Member
I think the warring got to be a bit much for him.

I too anticipate his return, but you could see how annoyed he was getting in every post (and I don’t blame him.)

I don't blame him as well. The feeling I have is that people learn more to master secret art of making provative posts instead of trying to argument or discuss. Only the ones who are already used to that kind of trap simply ignore or not try to engage.

Nymphae

Banned
Sometimes I'm really surprised when a shitty post I make gets a lot of likes. This one here keeps getting a bunch and it makes me laugh because I feel like I really missed the mark on it but people keep reacting to it lol

This shit is so tiring to me anymore. The game itself probably isn't even that heavy handed with anything, it's the game's industry writers that drive me insane. There will be a million opinion pieces about this game and how it's tearing down barriers and sticking it to the bigots.

The game definitely seems pretty heavy handed to me now.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm trying to think of an excuse for not seeing that. Anyone want to help out?

No, I mean with the excuse. I was thinking partially sighted, persistently distracted, and / or severely retarded. Possibly all of them.

Tesseract

Banned

giphy.gif

Bryank75

Banned
It’s deeply political. He had a set of beliefs, aggressively and dishonestly pushed them, and was met with the expected pushback.

Unfortunately, this led him to rage quit, versus change meaningfully.
Oh...that's a shame. I wish he had stayed... I skew more conservative and I'm a big PlayStation fanboy. Sometimes I get a bit heated and 'get into it' but I like everybody here...and if anyone tries to offend me, I do my best to forget it once the war of words is over.

I really have a great time here and it takes a mix of people to achieve that, I believe.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Oh...that's a shame. I wish he had stayed... I skew more conservative and I'm a big PlayStation fanboy. Sometimes I get a bit heated and 'get into it' but I like everybody here...and if anyone tries to offend me, I do my best to forget it once the war of words is over.

I really have a great time here and it takes a mix of people to achieve that, I believe.

That’s the best approach. Grudges are bad, for both the community, and the mind. There’s a few people on the site that do nothing but shit post (not to be confused with the fun kind), that I don’t like at all, but generally, people come here to have fun and a good time and are alright in the end.

I agree that it’s worth keeping that in mind, and letting disagreements end in the thread where they started.

It’s really cool to see you, and a few other fresh faces in here, btw. A warm welcome to all of you.

Bryank75

Banned
That’s the best approach. Grudges are bad, for both the community, and the mind. There’s a few people on the site that do nothing but shit post (not to be confused with the fun kind), that I don’t like at all, but generally, people come here to have fun and a good time and are alright in the end.

I agree that it’s worth keeping that in mind, and letting disagreements end in the thread where they started.

It’s really cool to see you, and a few other fresh faces in here, btw. A warm welcome to all of you.
Thanks, it's far more civilized over this side it seems. I used to drop in a while back but with the whole next gen thing heating up, most of my time was spent on news there.

I think the place is seeing good growth too, it seems like there are some new people in each thread. Did you see that?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

We all have our good and bad days.

I really appreciated your input on yesterday's Game Pass vs PSNow thread, even if I thought you were being somewhat flippant about the whole thing. GAF is a great place where everyone can butt heads once in a while but then all have a round of virtual beers and chill as friends. For some people, that's a pretty foreign concept though. Much love.

Bryank75

Banned
We all have our good and bad days.

I really appreciated your input on yesterday's Game Pass vs PSNow thread, even if I thought you were being somewhat flippant about the whole thing. GAF is a great place where everyone can butt heads once in a while but then all have a round of virtual beers and chill as friends. For some people, that's a pretty foreign concept though. Much love.
Yeah, I actually really want to have a meetup with as many of you as possible one day. Who knows when we will have a chance with things the way they are... but eventually I am sure an opportunity will be there.

Edt: I'll buy the first round!

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Thanks, it's far more civilized over this side it seems. I used to drop in a while back but with the whole next gen thing heating up, most of my time was spent on news there.

I think the place is seeing good growth too, it seems like there are some new people in each thread. Did you see that?

I... don’t know about that. About once a week, we all get together to fight over something stupid. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But seriously, it is a bit more like a family over here. I think there’s far too many battle lines drawn over in gaming, and too much of a combative attitude — it’s weird, because we all share that love of gaming, that first experience of picking up a controller, and realizing how awesome this entire hobby is. So, why are we fighting all the time, instead of creating friendships and a sense of community?

Yeah, on new people. I’m really happy with that. When I first started lurking here after the split, it was slow, but I loved it because the reborn site is so well done, and free of all the stuff ruining forums this decade. Some time after signing up, I noticed people really starting to flow in, and it’s been non-stop since then. So, it’s kind of the best of both worlds right now.

Bryank75

Banned
I... don’t know about that. About once a week, we all get together to fight over something stupid. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

But seriously, it is a bit more like a family over here. I think there’s far too many battle lines drawn over in gaming, and too much of a combative attitude — it’s weird, because we all share that love of gaming, that first experience of picking up a controller, and realizing how awesome this entire hobby is. So, why are we fighting all the time, instead of creating friendships and a sense of community?

Yeah, on new people. I’m really happy with that. When I first started lurking here after the split, it was slow, but I loved it because the reborn site is so well done, and free of all the stuff ruining forums this decade. Some time after signing up, I noticed people really starting to flow in, and it’s been non-stop since then. So, it’s kind of the best of both worlds right now.
Yeah, I agree and actually in the last few years I've made a few friends that I'd argue with....over xbox or playstation and eventually we came to a common ground. That was mostly on Twitter, where I've been banned now....
But it's definitely more possible to build bridges than it seems.

I must have lurked Gaf for the best part of a decade, I'm grateful to get in and even more that it has changed for the better in my opinion.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

My bet is that he may have just finally realized that no one was buying his "far-left = normal left" rhetoric he loved to push.

Bryank75

Banned
My bet is that he may have just finally realized that no one was buying his "far-left = normal left" rhetoric he loved to push.
Mmm, well there's already a problem with just pushing ideology above tackling individual issues and having merit in your arguments. But I guess it's too late to say that to him... and I am always wary of turning into a but of a preacher myself!

Nymphae

Banned
1990s Mariah Carey is the hottest woman I’ve ever seen

I don't think I've watched that Heartbreaker video since the 90's, god damn that used to turn me on so much, she is :messenger_fire: lol it's pretty quaint too compared to the stuff that followed, like I remember when Aguilera's Dirrty dropped and there was a lot of buzz about how over the top that was, that wouldn't even be noticed today.

MetalAlien

Banned
Talking to one of the crazies neighboors

big mistake

trying to walk away... So you are selling your house?....um yea it's just me that is too much house for one person....

Head pops up from the garage. She had company

Hey I just got out of jail on parole and I can't stay with my boyfriend cause he is a felon.... you looking for a roomate?

Oh no I said... nothing like that just trying to sell and get out.... All the while I am backing away slowly.

i'm sure the felon boyfriend would love his parolee girlfriend living with a strange man

plus it sounds like a win win for me.

who better to leave alone in my house all day?

so trashy I thought she was one of my relatives

oh yea my sister finally moved into her 3rd apartment after getting kicked out because of her son... again

only took him two days to get her kicked out

one month after that happen he totaled the brand new car she bought in october

now she is getting rides to work

this is the one that makes double or triple what I do

7 days after he totaled the car they moved into the new apartment but she forgot his xbox and couldn't get it back.

he cussed her out and wished her dead

so she stopped paying for his phone.. the little fucker was cussing her out on a phone she was paying for

he called dad to rat her out for thart

did I mention this kid is 21?

it's only Wednesday...

ROMhack

I've been instructed to take my Burp discussion here but it kinda ran the full course.

On topic, I can never seem to find this thread when I go looking for it... until today. I always look in Off-topic for some raisin.

-Arcadia-

Banned
No way to get him back in? What did he do?

I’d love that more than anything, but IDK. It’s difficult to describe what he did. The best way I can say it is that Brap was Brap, and Gaf was Gaf, and the two weren’t 100% compatible.

Still, with his status as a beloved member, I do hold out a tiny spark of hope that there could be some communication between both, and compromise reached. I don’t think either side wanted it to come to a perma.

Top Bottom