• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You should get the Vita/PS3 versions because apparently the Story mode isn't quite as hard as the English versions. They also have Fusion Mode which is a really weird mixture of the two games (which I am good at since I had to master it on the Switch).

Can you play Tetris Effect without the VR? I would like to try that at one point.

The company makes a lot of stupid decisions, and if you are curious, try out Lumines as well which is another great Puzzle game by an ex-SEGA Employee! (I think he did the Rez Series???)
The Vita version (JPN) is harder than the Switch version though. Also the Switch version doesn't let you turn off the ENG only voices. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Nymphae

Banned
You should get the Vita/PS3 versions because apparently the Story mode isn't quite as hard as the English versions. They also have Fusion Mode which is a really weird mixture of the two games (which I am good at since I had to master it on the Switch).

I didn't even know this was on PS3, huh. Are you sure they are different games though? I'm quite sure that the PS4 version has a mode where it combines both Tetris & Puyo Puyo in the same play field, I forget the name of it though.

Can you play Tetris Effect without the VR? I would like to try that at one point.

Hell yes, I've never even tried the VR. I'd like to at some point, but I'm not buying a kit just for that. My buddy's brother has one he said he's going to see if I can borrow it for a bit to test it out.

The company makes a lot of stupid decisions, and if you are curious, try out Lumines as well which is another great Puzzle game by an ex-SEGA Employee! (I think he did the Rez Series???)

They do, they basically put the kibosh on the TGM series with their guidelines that all official games have to follow. I don't get why they don't allow pro hardcore versions of the game, or at the very least, allow separate modes or options players can access if they want more challenge. Ostensibly things like TE's Master mode and Vita Tetris's Radical mode are this, but their guidelines are strict about the specific mechanics allowed, and without some of the important mechanics from TGM, it can't really be played the same way (and the SRS rotation allows you a lot of leeway when placing pieces still despite the 20G speed)

Last edited:
The Vita version (JPN) is harder than the Switch version though. Also the Switch version doesn't let you turn off the ENG only voices. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I am pretty sure the Switch version is harder. I have been playing the Vita version a lot lately and compared to the Switch version, I actually managed to 100% the Story Mode. Unlike on Switch where I struggled even on the Earlier Chapters.

The English Voices are fine. Ringo is Morgana in my mind (from P5). You should listen to the DS era characters. :LOL:

I didn't even know this was on PS3, huh. Are you sure they are different games though? I'm quite sure that the PS4 version has a mode where it combines both Tetris & Puyo Puyo in the same play field, I forget the name of it though.

PPT? Yeah, it originally released on PS3/Wii U/Vita/3DS but we never got those. The PS4/Switch version adds the DLC and re-balanced the difficulty.

There is Fusion (which combines both games into one), Swap (where you have to swap your boards every 25 seconds), and Party (where you use Items on the Field to stop the Other Player in his/her tracks).

All versions of the game have all the Modes in it, but the PS4/Switch version adds those extras I mentioned.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I didn't even bother with the story mode when I played it, not interested at all

4cmP3Tx.png

Maybe I think I just tried harder to clear story mode on the Switch because of this.

I dropped it and got the Vita version a few months later. :) They should have let me mute their voices :/

I beat the Switch version but I actually had to learn how to Combo effectively...and my god, FUSION MODE IS HELL!

When you combo like that on the Switch, you will not really see the game as hard. :LOL: The Vita version's Fusion Mode is shockingly easy....but there is one CPU who goes from Wimp to Hardcore when you are trying to get your Score higher, which was annoying.

I find Ringo's Math shouts soothing. To be honest, I go for my old Skool Arle Nadja because the Retro Puyo games are hard as hell....just the way I like it! (1 is exploitable)

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I beat the Switch version but I actually had to learn how to Combo effectively...and my god, FUSION MODE IS HELL!

When you combo like that on the Switch, you will not really see the game as hard. :LOL: The Vita version's Fusion Mode is shockingly easy....but there is one CPU who goes from Wimp to Hardcore when you are trying to get your Score higher, which was annoying.

I find Ringo's Math shouts soothing. To be honest, I go for my old Skool Arle Nadja because the Retro Puyo games are hard as hell....just the way I like it! (1 is exploitable)
I still find it odd how Puyo Puyo used to belong to the guys that made Nep games. (Or what was left of them) I still play the Mirai version of Puyo Puyo from time to time over PPT lol.

Was Champions better than PPT though? Still haven't played it myself.

I still find it odd how Puyo Puyo used to belong to the guys that made Nep games. (Or what was left of them) I still play the Mirai version of Puyo Puyo from time to time over PPT lol.

Was Champions better than PPT though? Still haven't played it myself.

Compile Heart? Only a few made the Puyo games iirc. They are mostly a mixture of teams, and they still own the rights to the Mado Morogatari, which is why Curry Saga exists. The other Compile Team is now defunct (Milestone I think they were called...although a new game of theirs is coming out on the Switch, so they exist...kinda). SEGA buying the IP was the best thing to happen in all honesty.

I wanted to get that game but I overlooked it and now it goes for a lot! 😲

Champions is a stripped back version of PP to be honest. It is extremely cheap to buy but only has about 2 modes to it and requires more than one person to play I think?

bronk

Banned
For me, Metagaf is the main attraction of the forum, when it's at full strength.

I love threads where there isn't so much a directed subject to talk about, but really cool people just chilling with each other, and anything can happen.

Btw, Metal, it's supposed to be about the forum. Like, you come here to talk about bans, features, ask questions about users you haven't seen in a while, that kind of stuff. It still is, it's just it evolved into a chat room for Gaf too.
It's my favorite too.

Top Bottom