• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Nymphae

Banned
The only anime I care about is OG Drangonball, DBZ, and the Galaxy Express 999 movies. I see a good movie here and there, like I do enjoy some Miyazaki and I like the movie Patlabor, but the community surrounding the product is unappealing and most of it looks like it was made for children not adult males (see past several pages of retarded anime girl images) Where are my Aeon Fluxes and Heavy Metals?

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Good question. I'm up for anything to be honest. Just need to stave off lockdown boredom. I'm probably more inclined toward action based stuff, but honestly I'll give anything a go.
I guess you meant Shounen Action. You can start with Rurouni Kenshin(or atleast the 4-epsode Trust and Betrayal OVA, its amazing), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Black Cat, Kuroshitsuji, Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakushou, Hellsing Ultimate, K, Darker than Black(the plot might be confusing), Shonen Onmyouji, Tears to Tiara and Brave 10. You can then watch the newer ones like Kimetsu no Yaiba or Tower of God. And yes Shingeki no Kyojin(or Attack of Titan) is amazing.
Theres Mecha Action. I am not really much into this genre and stuffs like Gundam. But you can try Code Geass, Macross Series and Kakumeiki Valvrave. I will also watch the Rebuild of Evangelion movies soon.
Then theres Magical Girls Action. Stuffs like Black Rock Shooter or Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Does Cardcaptor Sakura even count as action ?

Watch the Rurouni Kenshin:Trust and Betrayal OVA first, its only 4 episodes and you wont regret it.

I guess you meant Shounen Action. You can start with Rurouni Kenshin(or atleast the 4-epsode Trust and Betrayal OVA, its amazing), Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Black Cat, Kuroshitsuji, Hunter x Hunter, Yu Yu Hakushou, Hellsing Ultimate, K, Darker than Black(the plot might be confusing), Shonen Onmyouji, Tears to Tiara and Brave 10. You can then watch the newer ones like Kimetsu no Yaiba or Tower of God. And yes Shingeki no Kyojin(or Attack of Titan) is amazing.
Theres Mecha Action. I am not really much into this genre and stuffs like Gundam. But you can try Code Geass, Macross Series and Kakumeiki Valvrave. I will also watch the Rebuild of Evangelion movies soon.
Then theres Magical Girls Action. Stuffs like Black Rock Shooter or Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Does Cardcaptor Sakura even count as action ?

Watch the Rurouni Kenshin:Trust and Betrayal OVA first, its only 4 episodes and you wont regret it.
Wow, thank you! This is a comprehensive list that will keep me busy.

You god damn anime nerds ❤️

Tesseract

Banned
If you want something with a clear ending and only lasts like 4 seasons, I'd definitely give Yu Yu Hakusho a look. I'm not huge into anime, having only watched about about a dozen series start to finish, but it's among my favorites.
yu yu is great, brilliantly animated

dark tournament remains a favorite

Tesseract

Banned
We believe you can be reformed.
200.gif

O-N-E

i've seen, uh:

dbz
yu yu
bebop
gits

i think that's nearly everything, post up some recs if you got 'em
Hmmm... Generally my recs for everyone would be:

• Attack on Titan (Just watch it)
  • Tatami Galaxy (themes of time travel and commitment, my pfp)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist / Brotherhood
  • Kill La Kill ( Very pervy, but great action and comedy )
  • Shirobako (Anime about making anime. Delightfully good)
  • Samurai Champloo (Best samurai anime)
  • From the New World ( Would particularly recommend to you, Tess. )
  • March comes in like a lion ( Depressed Shogi prodigy is embraced by a warm family )
  • KonoSuba ( Great comedy with lots of perviness )
  • Oregairu ( Romance / Comedy / bit of Drama)
  • Re:Zero ( Video game afterlife done well )
  • Welcome to the NHK ( Being lost in life, but finding hope)
  • Erased (Time travel murder mystery / deals with themes of child abuse)
  • FLCL (Can't guarantee you'll enjoy it, but it's a fascinating fever dream all throughout)
  • Gintama (Samurai Era Earth invaded by aliens. A wonderful comedy)

There's some more, but that should do it for now.

bronk

Banned
Jumping in late on the anime talk but Claymore is fuckin dope. Grabbed it on Blu Ray awhile back. Fist of the Northstar movie came out on Blu-ray fairly recently. One of my all time favorite anime movies. It's on Amazon Prime streaming if you've never seen it. The nostalgia rush.

Top Bottom