• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

MetalAlien

Banned

We love you Metalalien

200.gif

Nicholsan was my first Joker. Might like Heath best, tho. Grew up on a mix of Nicholsan and Hamill. Leto wasn't as bad as people claim, when he was on-screen the movie was actually marginally entertaining. Phoenix is great but I kinda don't think of him as really the Joker.

Okay, I'm officially retiring my console warrior robes. I'll probably buy both in 2021... then get a new PC. Probably. I'm not sure why I still felt attached to a side enough for petty jabs but I did and I don't want to any more. It's very petty and stupid.

Also, whoever wins Nov 3rd I'm probably retiring most my interest in discussing politics. I don't like what tribalism does to me or the people around me. The world can get by without my input on politics/console wars/marvel vs dc or whatever other tribal bs becomes popular to argue about.

The important thing is to like the games you play and stick by the issues you support, if your warrior ways won't allow you to do that then you've gone over the deep end.

Found out I was COVID-negative, today, so feeling pretty good about that. It's the test that takes longer, 48 hours about, so I think it's considered more accurate? I did quarantine until the results came through and I think that shit depressed me, I'm having dumb problems with gaming lately... let me get into that...

So, I usually game with a controller on my PC but the controller has been giving me endless issues lately. I went to play Fallout 76 but it refused to recognize my mouse/keyboard inputs. I unplugged the blue-tooth, turned off the controller, deleted the device from paired devices and restarted my PC. Fallout 76 still wants me to use a controller and won't do anything. I go into devices and find yes, somehow there's a 360 controller set up on the computer, try to get rid of it and the devices thing freezes up on me. Fallout 76 isn't the only game refusing to let me play with mouse/keyboard either. Because, yes, I know the joke, I'm being saved agony by not playing that game but a few other games I've tried have been the same. I think if I spent more time attempting to solve this I'd have it solved but I'm too miserable lately and tend to give up at the first sign of a problem.

Not sure when things will look up for me, I can't get either console this year, at least I haven't been able to. Even if I figure out this controller issue my games tend to crash a lot lately, not sure why. Last time I tried playing Fallout 76 it crashed when I picked up my Pip-boy. I'm not trying to push an anti-PC narrative or something, I've been PC gaming since 201l (in the '90s before that) and it's only really started to suck for me this year, and even then not universally, Doom Eternal mostly worked fine, there was a small hiccup when first running it (if you have a controller set up the sign into Bethesda screen can't be bypassed, I even recorded the problem for Youtube ). No crashing or hiccups for Doom Eternal after that. Maybe there's something critically wrong with the PC that didn't become a problem until after? Not sure. Been mostly just using it to chat, listen to music, etc. lately. Though the less engrossed in a video game I am the more depression creeps up on me.

I also let myself get tied into the idea that one person or another winning Nov 3rd will affect me, I mean... it might... but it's not for sure. Getting into that argument normally means caring about things that may never directly affect me, though I think someone needs to do something about big tech censorship. The truth is if Joe wins I need to just ignore this shit, even if Trump wins it could be 2016 all over again where the screeching that never ends almost makes it just as stressful to deal with.

There are financial fortunes that may change by 2021 and I may live in a better place by then as well, but I don't like putting my hopes on things I can't guarantee.

Sorry for the rant, just venting.

bronk

Banned
Okay, I'm officially retiring my console warrior robes. I'll probably buy both in 2021... then get a new PC. Probably. I'm not sure why I still felt attached to a side enough for petty jabs but I did and I don't want to any more. It's very petty and stupid.

Also, whoever wins Nov 3rd I'm probably retiring most my interest in discussing politics. I don't like what tribalism does to me or the people around me. The world can get by without my input on politics/console wars/marvel vs dc or whatever other tribal bs becomes popular to argue about.

The important thing is to like the games you play and stick by the issues you support, if your warrior ways won't allow you to do that then you've gone over the deep end.

Found out I was COVID-negative, today, so feeling pretty good about that. It's the test that takes longer, 48 hours about, so I think it's considered more accurate? I did quarantine until the results came through and I think that shit depressed me, I'm having dumb problems with gaming lately... let me get into that...

So, I usually game with a controller on my PC but the controller has been giving me endless issues lately. I went to play Fallout 76 but it refused to recognize my mouse/keyboard inputs. I unplugged the blue-tooth, turned off the controller, deleted the device from paired devices and restarted my PC. Fallout 76 still wants me to use a controller and won't do anything. I go into devices and find yes, somehow there's a 360 controller set up on the computer, try to get rid of it and the devices thing freezes up on me. Fallout 76 isn't the only game refusing to let me play with mouse/keyboard either. Because, yes, I know the joke, I'm being saved agony by not playing that game but a few other games I've tried have been the same. I think if I spent more time attempting to solve this I'd have it solved but I'm too miserable lately and tend to give up at the first sign of a problem.

Not sure when things will look up for me, I can't get either console this year, at least I haven't been able to. Even if I figure out this controller issue my games tend to crash a lot lately, not sure why. Last time I tried playing Fallout 76 it crashed when I picked up my Pip-boy. I'm not trying to push an anti-PC narrative or something, I've been PC gaming since 201l (in the '90s before that) and it's only really started to suck for me this year, and even then not universally, Doom Eternal mostly worked fine, there was a small hiccup when first running it (if you have a controller set up the sign into Bethesda screen can't be bypassed, I even recorded the problem for Youtube ). No crashing or hiccups for Doom Eternal after that. Maybe there's something critically wrong with the PC that didn't become a problem until after? Not sure. Been mostly just using it to chat, listen to music, etc. lately. Though the less engrossed in a video game I am the more depression creeps up on me.

I also let myself get tied into the idea that one person or another winning Nov 3rd will affect me, I mean... it might... but it's not for sure. Getting into that argument normally means caring about things that may never directly affect me, though I think someone needs to do something about big tech censorship. The truth is if Joe wins I need to just ignore this shit, even if Trump wins it could be 2016 all over again where the screeching that never ends almost makes it just as stressful to deal with.

There are financial fortunes that may change by 2021 and I may live in a better place by then as well, but I don't like putting my hopes on things I can't guarantee.

Sorry for the rant, just venting.

You a wordy mofo. Just get a 360.

Top Bottom