• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear 20th Anniversary website opens

Aggelos

MGS4 will come to X360, its only a matter of when and how they will adapt it to the system (lack of blu ray no standard HDD and no motion controls).

Wait for the official confirmation from Konami (whether or not it is going to receive a Xbox360 port)....

Jigsaw

Banned
Aggelos said:
Wait for the official confirmation from Konami (whether or not it is going to receive a Xbox360 port)....

maybe it will get mgs4 subswhatever later,but it will never get released simultaneously with the ps3 version

and who is waiting at least 6months longer for a mgs?

MercuryLS

Banned
Jigsaw said:
maybe it will get mgs4 subswhatever later,but it will never get released simultaneously with the ps3 version

and who is waiting at least 6months longer for a mgs?

I don't think it'll be a simutaneous release either, Sony will get 6-12 months out of MGS4.

Aggelos

MercuryLS said:
I don't think it'll be a simutaneous release either, Sony will get 6-12 months out of MGS4.

Unless there is an official word from Konami the conversation about the Xbox360 port, its release date, the time gap between the two versions, the advantages of 360 version, etc...etc... everything is so futile IMO.

Sirolf

Can people read what is on the site ?
It's written PLAYSTATION 3 (and only that)in the upper left corner..Jesus..
A X360 port is very possible but ATM it's only marked as a PS3 game on the web page.

zoolander-school.jpg

momolicious said:
are people forgetting that MGS2 was released for XBOX AND PC?
There was a movie named Vanilla Sky. The sky is blue, which is also the same color as my car. My car was on a street that was named Snake Ave. Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is a remake of Metal Gear Solid. Twin Snakes is on the Gamecube. The Wii is Nintendo's new console. Metal Gear Solid 4 on Wii confirmed.

KTallguy

Banned
God... I want this game.

Man, I have no doubts that this will live up to the hype, but man I'm SUUUPER hyped. It's like... unprecedented.

Trakdown

So, was there any particular reason everything was so amber-tinted in the first trailer? Or was it just a stylistic thing?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
What is Kojima trying to say here? Why all these subtle changes in an OLD trailer? Why bothering fixing it in the first place when everybody already drools over it?

What is your message my Lord?

Mmmkay

TTP said:
What is Kojima trying to say here? Why all these subtle changes in an OLD trailer? Why bothering fixing it in the first place when everybody already drools over it?

I was just lamenting over this elsewhere, funnily enough.

Mmmkay said:
I feel so ambivalent about the remastered MGS4 trailer. On the one hand it's great that they're effectively showing the improvements they've made over the past 12 months that it now has a solid framerate, motion blur, and additional particle effects. But on the other, it's still full of the same shaderless and placeholder texture assets that were the biggest problem anyway.

The voices are telling me that it's probably just the "E3 2006 asset folder" being chucked into the latest build of the game engine to pump out the revised trailer and the effects have changed because they're library controlled or something. It makes the most sense. They're telling me that if Konami did use revised model data that the trailer would garner too much attention, which they're reserving for E3 this year. So I almost think it's an accident that the trailer looks better, and I kinda wish that it looked identical to the one last year, just in case.

But it still doesn't explain the additional corpses and altered clothing... those must have been hand dealt.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
TTP said:

I think (and I could be wrong) that because the trailer is rendered in real-time, the changes simply reflect the improvements to the engine, models, etc.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
jetjevons said:
I think (and I could be wrong) that because the trailer is rendered in real-time, the changes simply reflect the improvements to the engine, models, etc.

Yeah, but since they are hardly noticeble improvements (to the avarage Joe at least) why bothering trying to show them by updating an old trailer without even saying anything about it? They just dropped that trailer out there calling it "E32006" and that's it. Pretty bizarre way to show improvements. Usually that's done by releasing new stuff.

I actually think maybe this was ment to be shown at E3 or was ready soon after that but got released now for whatever reason. I dont know what to think.

vpance

Amazing how they would go to such lengths to improve an old trailer most people wouldn't even see. I hope they include them all playable in realtime when the game releases.

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
KTallguy said:
Simply bad ass. I want a big version of this for a Wallpaper.

God, I hope you can play as Raiden in a bonus section or something, like that Vampire game :p

big version :
mgs4juin7.jpg

More with new colors :
mgs4juin8.jpg

mgs4juin9.jpg

mgs4juin10.jpg

mgs4juin11.jpg

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mmmkay said:
I was just lamenting over this elsewhere, funnily enough.

But it still doesn't explain the additional corpses and altered clothing... those must have been hand dealt.
I'm just worried that Kojima essentially gave up, and decided to render the trailer frame by frame and merge it together into a video, and that it will be the same with the cinematics in the game. No more R1 button to go to first person mode, no more zooming/camera pans in cutscenes :(

I'm saying that because now E3 trailer looks exactly like GC trailer as far as motion blur and no frame drops. If they had that "new engine" for GC trailer, why didn't they applied it for TGS trailer? It's not like Kojima to have realtime cutscenes with perfect framerate. None of his games ever did, he always pushes things to the point that they start choking.

Marconelly said:
I'm just worried that Kojima essentially gave up, and decided to render the trailer frame by frame and merge it together into a video, and that it will be the same with the cinematics in the game. No more R1 button to go to first person mode, no more zooming/camera pans in cutscenes :(

I'm saying that because now E3 trailer looks exactly like GC trailer as far as motion blur and no frame drops. If they had that "new engine" for GC trailer, why didn't they applied it for TGS trailer? It's not like Kojima to have realtime cutscenes with perfect framerate. None of his games ever did, he always pushes things to the point that they start choking.

do you really think these cut scenes are taxing out PS3? I dunno man...we don't even know how most of these cut scenes play out especially the ones where the characters are talking to your POV (Meryl, Raiden) I think you will be able to go into first person view in those cut scenes. They did promise more interaction this time around anyway.

wait and see, next trailer is about a month away

Amir0x said:
$460

*whistle*
Ban.

It's a PS3 exclusive, and it will stay that way, once we see something comparable on XBox 360, we might start talking.
Konami already put enough money to write engine for PS3, and that's a dedicated engine, using Cell and RSX just like they should be used, porting is impossible without substantial donwgrades.

B-Ri

the lack of the PS3 logo does make me wonder. I hope IF ad i say IF it does infact break exclusivity we dont get a downgraded version because they had to go multi andm ake both versions exact.

Trakdown

B-Ri said:
the lack of the PS3 logo does make me wonder. I hope IF ad i say IF it does infact break exclusivity we dont get a downgraded version because they had to go multi andm ake both versions exact.

I'd wager a PC port before a 360 port, but that's just me (apparently).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Marconelly said:
It's not like Kojima to have realtime cutscenes with perfect framerate. None of his games ever did, he always pushes things to the point that they start choking.

Your distrust of Kojima will trigger a curse that will kill you while sleeping. You are blasphemous. Never doubt the Lord. NEVER!

SOLDIER

Is there a downloadable version of the high res trailer yet? I know about the gametrailers one but you all said it was SD. Please post a HD link as soon as possible.

TTP said:
Your distrust of Kojima will trigger a curse that will kill you while sleeping. You are blasphemous. Never doubt the Lord. NEVER!
Well, there are instances of slow-down in some cutscenes. Gameplay, too. It's really to be expected. You can't expect everything to run perfectly, all the time.
akachan ningen said:
I'm not sure, but I think I see a nipple. But why would it be so sheer?

Merylslip.jpg
I noticed this, the first time I watched the remastered trailer. It would be interesting to see nudity in this without any drastic censorship. Not that I'm implying anything. :lol

Top Bottom