• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Announcements due “in the Coming Weeks”, Raiden Voice Actor Claims

BootsLoader

Banned
This metal gear rumors are since forever. I’m so tired of it. I’ll wait until the actual announcement comes without reading any more rumors. But here I am, posting in a rumor thread.

Jinzo Prime

I still think they should AAA remake Metal Gear 1 and 2 with David Hayter as Solid Snake and Kiefer Sutherland as Big Boss. Thats like my dream game
I think remaking two games at a time makes since so you would have:

• MGS3 Snake Eater and Peace Walker
  • MGSV Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain
  • Metal Gear 1 & 2
  • MGS and MGS2
  • MGS4 and Metal Gear Rising
Each pair being a different release. Metal Gear 1 & 2 would need a complete re-imagining, of course, Rising just a remaster, MGSV a next gen patch. That would cover the entire story and every era of it.

Ge Os

jojo-hmm.gif

I think remaking two games at a time makes since so you would have:

• MGS3 Snake Eater and Peace Walker
  • MGSV Ground Zeroes & The Phantom Pain
  • Metal Gear 1 & 2
  • MGS and MGS2
  • MGS4 and Metal Gear Rising
Each pair being a different release. Metal Gear 1 & 2 would need a complete re-imagining, of course, Rising just a remaster, MGSV a next gen patch. That would cover the entire story and every era of it.
I could see a studio like Sony Bend doing a Metal Gear 1 and 2 re-imagining

BossLackey

Gold Member
I wish I could get excited about a new MG project. I think Rising II would be the best option, so hopefully that's what it is.

Chittagong

Gold Member
I just find it mind blowing that Konami all but ceased development for the better part of a decade, and abandoned their IPs to pachinko land, yet now suddenly they still somehow have the capacity to pump out a dozen exciting looking game announcements for their key franchises

I just find it mind blowing that Konami all but ceased development for the better part of a decade, and abandoned their IPs to pachinko land, yet now suddenly they still somehow have the capacity to pump out a dozen exciting looking game announcements for their key franchises
Maybe Sony was going to buy them and encouraged them to bring everything back, but can’t now till Activision Blizzard is settled, but Konami still has to make the announcements…

Jinzo Prime

I could see a studio like Sony Bend doing a Metal Gear 1 and 2 re-imagining
Any of Sony's first-party studios could handle a Metal Gear Re-imagining quite easily; Naughty Dog, Suckerpunch, Sony Santa Monica, Bluepoint, Guerilla, hell even XDev. Outside of Sony, Ubisoft's big studios could also pull it off easily with some supervision, IO interactive, maybe Capcom?

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Fuck all remakes. The originals are perfection.

I want to see new Metal Gear titles. There HAS to be young game designers out there who grew up on the franchise and would do it justice - or at least other talented, established devs to take the reigns.

The pressure will be high - but with care the franchise could flourish again. Its kinda like how other writers hop aboard a particular established comic character for their run, their own spin. Daredevil's Frank Miller, to Bendis, to Brubaker, to Zdarsky (as an example) - surly Kojima cant be the only one to tell good Metal Gear stories.

Because it is Quinton making the comment, I'm inclined to believe its Rising 1 port and Rising 2. I really want the MGS remake and the MG1 and MG2 reimagining though. But after seeing the pachinko footage, I still dream of an MGS3 remake. Its my favorite game of all time, and we deserve to play that footage!

Also, can we get MGS4 off of PS3 purgatory? I have a ps3 around just to play the series.

I can't believe that while Metal Gear as we know it is over, we may be playing the classics with modern graphics soon. However, i feel that they are going to make Snake's design look like a real person. He's usually pretty stylized looking.

Last edited:

CJ_75

I can't believe that while Metal Gear as we know it is over, we may be playing the classics with modern graphics soon. However, i feel that they are going to make Snake's design look like a real person. He's usually pretty stylized looking.

I hope he looks like me. I mean as my avatar. Snake is ripped as F, I'm fat.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Whatever they announce, I'm sure it'll be Solid

Well, when Konami brought back Silent Hill, instead of focusing on one game, it seems they decided to make 10 games and shoot for the moon.

Maybe its the same for MGS? The first game remake will be the star, but maybe they will be remastering other games, like Rising?
I would prefer the shotgun approach since thered be more of a chance to please everyone. Im picky as hell so i surely wouldnt like their go for broke mega mgs6 release. Like how ff7 has a bunch of versions and offshoots, or even wh40k with its multi genre spread.

I played the msx versions of mg1 & 2 back in the day. Those would be cool to see updated, just not overdone AAA level cringe.

GHound

Metal Gear Surivive 2 so we can finally get rid of all the fucking tourists that have latched on to this franchise.

nial

Gold Member
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Remastered for PS4/PS5, Switch, Xbox and PC.
Metal Gear Solid Remastered Collection including Twin Snakes, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 for the same platforms as above, with Metal Gear, Snake's Revenge, Solid Snake and Ghost Babel included as bonuses.
As for the original MGS1? You will get that as an emulated classic for PS4/PS5, instead. The same with VR Missions, Acid 1-2, Portable Ops and Peace Walker.
PS5 and Xbox Series next-gen upgrades for Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain, along with Switch ports.
Aaaaaand, the Metal Gear Solid 1 remake that seems to be highly rumored for PS5.
Basically everything but new games.

Last edited:
Fuck all remakes. The originals are perfection.

I want to see new Metal Gear titles. There HAS to be young game designers out there who grew up on the franchise and would do it justice - or at least other talented, established devs to take the reigns.

The pressure will be high - but with care the franchise could flourish again. Its kinda like how other writers hop aboard a particular established comic character for their run, their own spin. Daredevil's Frank Miller, to Bendis, to Brubaker, to Zdarsky (as an example) - surly Kojima cant be the only one to tell good Metal Gear stories.
Kojima said himself after MGS2 he wanted to pass MGS onto a new generation of creators. That was 20 years ago and when he wasn't so silly with his writing. Now he's finally moved on & can be as wacky as he wishes with DS, MGS in the hands of more rationale creators might be a blessing after all...

As long as they're not young, woke & straight out of college that is.

YukiOnna

Man, I hope it's a Rising game.
I don't really care if it's a mainline MGS game since Kojima won't be involved and that sentiment doesn't change even if 5 had issues. A remake or something would be the only acceptable option.

Griffon

I was ready to completely give up on Platinum. But Rising 2 would be exactly what brings me back.
Besides, more Rising would be the best way to continue a post-Kojima MGS series for Konami.

Bring it on!

I have a feeling that if Kojima stayed with Konami and made MGS 6, it would have been like Death Stranding, but with Big Boss trying to connect and build Outer Haven or something

A.Romero

I really really like MGS as in pretty much the only games I have purchased several times, including special editions. However, I don't see a MGS remake working unless is change drastically REmake2 style. I really hope they do and they don't fuck it up, though.

//DEVIL//

Rising 2?

MGS%2BRISING%2BWALL%2BRUN%2BBULLETS.gif
Honestly one of the best action games I have played all my life. and the only game I replayed and finished 4 times and I still feel like playing it again every now and then.

amazing character design, nice story, amazing villains, amazing soundtrack. just a pure perfection.

Top Bottom