• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Art studio.

Hanmik

Couldn´t find a thread about this... so lock if old..

http://artstudio.metalgearsolid.com/

A page where you can celebrate the 25th. anniversary by drawing fan art.. with the same tools as Yoji Shinkawa uses.. You can even win some MGS stuff.

Here is the press release:

Yoji Shinkawa pens online METAL GEAR ART STUDIO

KONAMI details ‘Digital Drawing Board’ and invites artists to contribute to unique METAL GEAR canvas

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH is inviting METAL GEAR fans to partake in a ground-breaking new art scheme, as a finale to the Metal Gear 25th Anniversary celebrations kicked off last year and launched by the series’ renowned Lead Artist, Yoji Shinkawa.

KONAMI has created a unique ‘Digital Drawing Board’ at http://artstudio.metalgearsolid.com/ which can be viewed online and shared via social networking sites. This innovative METAL GEAR ART STUDIO allows fans to create artwork inspired by the series on an online canvas, and will be the ultimate in fan art from users across the globe.

The Board will launch on the 18th February, and allows users access to the same tools that Yoji Shinkawa favours, in the creation of his stunning illustrations. A complete set of digital brushes, pens and pencils can be used online, as can rulers, masking tape and various inks. Users log in to the METAL GEAR ART STUDIO via their Facebook or Twitter accounts and draw in real-time. Visitors can watch new items being added in real-time, or replay completed artwork to see how it was produced, they can also message artists whilst they are drawing and vote for or ‘Like’ their favourite pieces – with Shinkawa selecting the best every three weeks for exclusive prizes.

Yoji Shinkawa himself will be producing the first image to adorn the METAL GEAR ART STUDIO, and. A series of ‘Guest’ artists have also been invited to participate, and will be revealed at a later date.

There will be a competition for the week of February 18th – 24th to create the best Raiden image, in honour of the release of the eagerly-awaited METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE for PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®.

Following that, there will be different competition themes that will change after three weeks:

25th Feb – 17th March: Mechs and Vehicles
18th March - 7th April: Snake
8th April – 28th April: Female Characters
29th April – 12th May: Male Characters

For more information, please visit www.metalgearsolid.com/MG25th

Some day I hope kojipro will allow fans to deliver their own conceptual designs for characters and bosses instead of tired fanart.

Kojima's choice in creations are beyond an understanding insanity now.

Hanmik

Yoji´s own picture is nice..

OC9USoy.jpg

took him 11 min. to draw..!

you can see him painting it here..
http://artstudio.metalgearsolid.com/#/drawing/6589

The_Monk

Good find fellow GAFfer thanks for posting.

I really like MGS Art, I've been thinking of getting 3 prints from MS2, 3 and PW and then frame them.

Kinda bumping this for artgaf, if they didn't know yet.

It's kinda simple yet cool.

K1qLgxh.jpg

I tried to keep the concept art style, since that's the purpose of giving us the tools.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Very cool idea.

<3 KojiPro <3

Platy

Pretty bugged for me .... sometimes freezes at loading, when I enter I can't click on "start drawing" ....

Loks very interesting, but I could not even doodle anything =(

Pretty bugged for me .... sometimes freezes at loading, when I enter I can't click on "start drawing" ....

Loks very interesting, but I could not even doodle anything =(

It's veeery bugged. Like, 20 people drawing on the same space because somehow they broke the flash interaction lol. Anyways, it was a bad idea to only give 4 canvas for painting.

4 people drawing... 600 waiting....

Top Bottom