• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tora, of the buddies not yet revealed at this point, which one is your favourite?" - Radio

This is one of those questions that I'm completely floored by, like:

tumblr_m9q5k6af1K1rzfo3wo1_500.jpg

“What's your favorite flower son? Mine's chocolate!”

This is one of those questions that I'm completely floored by, like:

tumblr_m9q5k6af1K1rzfo3wo1_500.jpg

“What's your favorite flower son? Mine's chocolate!”

It's okay. One time he said Solid Snake defeating Big Boss wasn't impressive because beating an old man isn't hard.

Wut.

Edit: Radio, I know you're lurking. I love you, buddy.

Jindrax

Wait, wait... Back up. Hol' up, Jindrax. They did what now? Was this something Big Momma said? When was this?
Christ, just when you think you know your MGS lore, you realise you do not.
Are you saying MGS 4 Big Boss went through some surgical operation to re-grow his arm?
please don't say, "yes, because nanomachines, son."
Similar procedure with Liquid Ocelot?
ok, now I'm reaching.

Big Boss's body was all rekt, Big Mama used solidus' body to fix Big Boss' since he's the perfect clone. The body we saw on the volta was what was left of solidus after they fixed Big Boss.

Big Boss told us this during the epilouge.

Venom Fox

Banned
Thanks Tora.

We need RadioHammer back!

OuterGaf, we should unite as one and help Radio
make a secret Alt acc. Jk
only half joking :(

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I will be very surprised if it isn't a Kojima trailer. I just dont think his name will be everywhere anymore when it comes to the promotion of MGSV.

Yeah but you never know with Konami... let's not forget they cancelled a project with Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus working on it. Kojima is like a red flag for them now, erasing his name from his games is just the most disrespectful and disgusting thing ever so yeah everything is possible.

I hope it's clear when i talk shit about Konami it's about some high horsed suits and has absolutely nothing to do with Tora, he's the best :)

Mexen

Big Boss's body was all rekt, Big Mama used solidus' body to fix Big Boss' since he's the perfect clone. The body we saw on the volta was what was left of solidus after they fixed Big Boss.

Big Boss told us this during the epilouge.

Damn, it's been a while I suppose. Cheers.

EDIT: Chinner, those credits! LOL. "Music by HGW" made me laugh for some reason.

Rajang

Yeah but you never know with Konami... let's not forget they cancelled a project with Kojima, Del Toro and Reedus working on it. Kojima is like a red flag for them now, erasing his name from his games is just the most disrespectful and disgusting thing ever so yeah everything is possible.

I hope it's clear when i talk shit about Konami it's about some high horsed suits and has absolutely nothing to do with Tora, he's the best :)

Completely agree.

it's a virtual guarantee that if kojima is editing a new trailer that it has to go through konami first. i doubt he'll be allowed to do his usual style of crediting himself and other creators for their work. i also highly doubt he'd be present at e3. konami seems content with pretending the game is being made by nameless men and women

Mexen

it's a virtual guarantee that if kojima is editing a new trailer that it has to go through konami first. i doubt he'll be allowed to do his usual style of crediting himself and other creators for their work. i also highly doubt he'd be present at e3. konami seems content with pretending the game is being made by nameless men and women

Kojima-san seems like a humble dude. Chances are, while editing, he'll deliberately leave out his name. Of course, an avid fan will notice that putting certain frames together reveals an "A Hideo Kojima Game... Forever" message.

Kojima-san seems like a humble dude. Chances are, while editing, he'll deliberately leave out his name. Of course, an avid fan will notice that putting certain frames together reveals a "A Hideo Kojima Game... Forever" message.

They will probably show that Big Boss Watch Ad over and over again

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Tora, when can I buy MGSV on Steam.
I want to give my money as soon as possible.

I'm SO READY for a new trailer, I can't even say I care if it spoils too much at this point. The wait has been so long and i'm so thirsty for some new footage to wash out the taste of this Konami mess.

Sn4ke_911

I'm SO READY for a new trailer, I can't even say I care if it spoils too much at this point. The wait has been so long and i'm so thirsty for some new footage to wash out the taste of this Konami mess.

I'm kinda at the same point but then i get flashbacks from the leaked MGS4 ending which totally ruined everything for me :/

Tora, when can I buy MGSV on Steam.
I want to give my money as soon as possible.

Soon! Ish? Unclear on exact date, but will eventually be on pre-order. Expect it to be near when the digital version of console come online.

Tora-senpai ignored my welcome and warm wishes post. :_:

Sorry for the whiny post.

Sorry! But I feel like the welcome was unnecessary because I never went anywhere. :D

Suikoden 3!

Dat PEGI rating tho ;)

I know! Things are moving! This is a really real thing that is really real! REALLY! We just are waiting on the bow to get tied before announcing anything. Fingers crossed.

Venom Fox

Banned
38 days until we get to drool over another MGSV trailer!

What content do you guys think is going to be shown?
Do you guys think there's gonna be another gameplay trailer as well?

Vally

38 days until we get to drool over another MGSV trailer!

Probably another story trailer, though I would prefer gameplay instead... it would be cool if they showed a bit of the boss battles

Rajang

I don't want a story trailer, I'm worried Kojima might spoil a bit too much. I want a gameplay demo like we saw at E3 2014 and TGS.

Sn4ke_911

Probably another story trailer, though I would prefer gameplay instead... it would be cool if they showed a bit of the boss battles

No boss spoilers please. I don't want to see any of the bosses before i get the game.

Shy

I think it'll be the release trailer, and it'll be combo of story and gameplay, like the sins of the father trailer.

Venom Fox

Banned

I don't want a story trailer, I'm worried Kojima might spoil a bit too much. I want a gameplay demo like we saw at E3 2014 and TGS.

I think it'll be the release trailer, and it'll be combo of story and gameplay, like the sins of the father trailer.
I'd like them to do a trailer at Sony's E3 presser and then a gameplay trailer during the Konami event.

I'd also like a snippet of a Boss battle but only like a 3 second snippet just so we have an idea of who the bosses are.

JayEH

I'm scared the new trailer isn't made by Kojima and his team and so they spoil too much :/

Please be a Kojima directed trailer.

He would be just as likely to spoil.

Never forget MGS4.

I also don't want to see anymore of the game's story. Out of context or not. I want gameplay.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
He would be just as likely to spoil.

Never forget MGS4.

I also don't want to see anymore of the game's story. Out of context or not. I want gameplay.

Yep... Fuck that TGS '07 trailer. What a load of bullshit. Trying to make up for delays by releasing the game in video form is not OK.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I can't help wanting something "epic" in scope for the E3 trailer. I totally get where you're all coming from about not wanting a big story thing, but those types of Kojima trailers are my jam, man. This will be the last one, if it even exists. I want big. I'd legit prefer it over gameplay. But I'm crazy like that.

I'd love for the press coverage to talk briefly about boss battles, too. I'm kind of out-of-the-loop on this game (as evidenced, in part, by no one in this thread even knowing who I am...!) but have they talked about them at all? I'm hoping they're all really memorable.

That MGS3 desktop with the deep green and the backpack hanging from the tree is ridiculously beautiful.

Yep... Fuck that TGS '07 trailer. What a load of bullshit. Trying to make up for delays by releasing the game in video form is not OK.

Hmm, I watched that trailer and It only looks like they spoiled half the locations in the game. The overall story doesn't seem to even be shown in it at all, but yeah it is pretty spoilery. They didn't even show the epilogue except for that one occurrence with those damn playtesters. Ugh.

I'd like to think that most of TPP is pretty unspoiled at this point but really we won't have any idea until we actually play the game.

For example I had no idea the ending of GZ was already shown until I played the game, and to my disappointment we didn't even get that opening hospital scene with the medics, Big Boss, and Kaz.

Honestly, it surprises me how much mystery TPP really is aside from it being a revenge story and about how Big Boss becomes a villain. The motivations of a lot of characters, where they will appear and how, just how far the timeline takes place in the game, the entire scope of the games design really is a mystery even the demos they've shown don't really show anything besides basic features.

I mean there is so much unknown compared to what we do know.

We know at some point in the game we go from Diamond Dogs-> Outer Heaven which seems to imply that the game is probably pretty long as I doubt he'd spoil the ending of the game if it ends with the founding of Outer Heaven. I wonder if the big early twists is that Diamond Dogs gets destroyed pretty early in the game and then you end up building up Outer Heaven for the rest of the game instead.

I mean just imagine Big Boss losing everything for a third time, everyone pretty much dead besides those closest to him.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the fact there is so much silence right now with MGSV makes me kind of worried. Then again I'm just super thirsty for another trailer, especially ever since that damn teaser Kojima posted months back when he was finishing the mixing on a new trailer. I'm worried we'll go right up to the release date with nothing but silence.

Either way I just hope Kojima and his crew are alright, and I eagerly await playing the game.

LowParry

Guys stop with the worried nonsense. We're getting our game. Let's be excited and please look forward to it. After that, we can all move over to the Uncharted Hype Train. :D

Houndi101

EDIT: Forgot to add, the fact there is so much silence right now with MGSV makes me kind of worried. Then again I'm just super thirsty for another trailer, especially ever since that damn teaser Kojima posted months back when he was finishing the mixing on a new trailer. I'm worried we'll go right up to the release date with nothing but silence.

Either way I just hope Kojima and his crew are alright, and I eagerly await playing the game.

Seriously atleast I feel like that they need to rebuild some of the hype after the fustercluck that has been this year with Kojima and Konami

e: Excluding our self-made Carnival of Stupidity Head transplant shenanigans

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Well, as insane as the Konami CEO sounds, I doubt they'll intentionally tamper with the content of MGSV. That'd be too much.

What looks to be the best iteration of MGO getting aborted after launch is sad, though.

When this whole thing finally blows over though, it's gonna be a shitstorm.

MGS deserves better. Such a venerable yet relatively niche series.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
What looks to be the best iteration of MGO getting aborted after launch is sad, though.

That... that's going to happen? Is there proof behind this, or is it (understandable) speculation? Good lord, please, no. Literally the only online multiplayer I have ever enjoyed!

BiGBoSSMk23

That... that's going to happen? Is there proof behind this, or is it (understandable) speculation? Good lord, please, no. Literally the only online multiplayer I have ever enjoyed!

Not confirmed.

There's going to be some support, but if Konami's track record tells us anything, is that after KojiPro LA's contracts expire they're gonna either ass up the maintenance or shut it down if the rumors about them moving away from console games are to be believed.

Hopefully KPLA give us the choice to host our own servers for LAN fiestas.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Not confirmed.

There's going to be some support, but if Konami's track record tells us anything, is that after KojiPro LA's contracts expire they're gonna either ass up the maintenance or shut it down if the rumors about them moving away from console games are to be believed.

Hopefully KPLA give us the choice to host our own servers for LAN fiestas.

Makes sense, heh. O, cruel world, etc.

I just sent your message to my best friend; he's an even bigger Metal Gear fan than I am and he probably logged as many hours in MGO2 as at least a bunch of you. I told him to make sure he gets his hours in every night at launch, as there's a chance MGO3 won't be around half as long.

I won't slack, either. Let's all kick some arse and take some dogtags.

Mexen

I dunno what kind of trailer I'm expecting for E3 but a glimpse of the first boss wouldn't be so bad, we don't even have to know if it's a boss (so we can argue about it until Sept).
I suppose gameplay would be swell, maybe with DD or even just Big Boss going solo doing something we've not yet seen but isn't a major spoiler or anything.
Also, a hidden message from Kojima would be great.
I bet money that there'll be one. I better be right or I'm out of a month's worth of rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom