• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear GAF: The Community Thread

DonJorginho

Jan 22, 2020
MGSV has the best gameplay systems of any game, and won't be topped for a long long time.

So many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years sunk into it, despite it's narrative shortcomings.

Last edited:
Reactions: SafeOrAlone

Khalid M.

Nov 8, 2018
MGSV has the best gameplay systems of any game, and won't be topped for a long long time.

So many minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years sunk into it, despite it's narrative shortcomings.
Well that makes me excited to buy it.

DonJorginho

Jan 22, 2020
Well that makes me excited to buy it.
It is amazing mate, lost count of the times I just did random experiments to see how far I could push the games system and it always worked, that is how much detail is in this game, Kojima's crowning jewel gameplay wise.

Reactions: Khalid M.

Khalid M.

Nov 8, 2018
Futurasound Productions has put together another outstanding video on the evolution of the Metal Gear series:
It’s fascinating how much novelty every entry in the main series brought to the table. The influence on gaming as a whole can’t be denied. I just wish the video mentioned Portable Ops as it did the bite-sized missions and soldier recruiting before Peace Walker.