• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Informer: MGSV: GZ healing spray, length & footprints

Batzi

Banned
Hobby-Consolas-MGSV-Tank.jpg

Highlights from the article:

• According to the article, health regeneration is only for minor damage. When sustaining severe damage, the player will have to use a healing spray.
  • The writer doesn’t feel Ground Zeroes is short, they think an average player can easily put 8-10 hours into the game. The best player at Kojima Productions spent more than 100 hours discovering all secrets.
  • Among the features of the iDroid app is the ability to see where other players have been detected on the map.
  • They point out the Fox Engine looks ‘simply spectacular’, with the best facial animation in the industry, and body animations reacting to where bullets hit.
  • Snake leaves footprints in the mud, which can be spotted by guards. This is just one of the things that adds to the difficulty, other things include better fields of visions for guards, randomized patrol routes and search lights; there are many things that can give your position away.

Source: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=12947

That's good to hear about the health regeneration. Glad it's not a simple "don't get hit for 10 seconds, ok you're good" thing.

Jedi2016

• According to the article, health regeneration is only for minor damage. When sustaining severe damage, the player will have to use a healing spray.
Sounds like one of those systems with sectioned healthbars, so it will only regenerate up to the current bar, but to heal more you need to use an item. I'm okay with that.

Tookay

While that 100% playtime seems a little exaggerated, I wouldn't be surprised if GZ is highly replayable, like Kojima's demos for MGS2 and MGS3. I put a lot of time into both of those, taking different approaches each time.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That last bullet point reminds me of MGS1. Good times. This is going to be a blast to play. Good thing they reduced the price.

100 hours Exploring secrets etc? That's skyrim territory..highly doubtful

You clearly haven't tried to find all of MGS4's secrets.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Only Snake leaves footprints? Not guards or dogs or other enemies/AI? That'd be a little disappointing if so.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So we've gone from picking out bullets to magical healing sprays.

I have a full time job with three kids. I think all of the length complainers don't realize that some people dont have as much free time as they do. I'll gladly spend $40 on this and hope they try to experiment with more movielike formats in the future.

this game looks so awful

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
GZ is literally just this one base and a tiny surrounding area, right?

Skilletor

The stuff people complain about in a game about a super soldier who has three clone super soldiers who go on to fight alongside and create ninjas cyborgs and mechs that moo like cows always makes me laugh.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The stuff people complain about in a game about a super soldier who has three clone super soldiers who go on to fight alongside and create ninjas cyborgs and mechs that moo like cows always makes me laugh.
It's a complaint about mechanical consequences in the game, not one related to the narrative presentation.

Skilletor

It's a complaint about mechanical consequences in the game, not one related to the narrative presentation.

It's exactly the same way it's been in every Metal Gear Solid game. Hell, you could heal yourself to a certain amount of health while kneeling and staying still in MGS2, so even the "regenerating life" thing isn't new.

SJRB

Gold Member
I can see the 8 - 10 hour thing happening, considering the side ops. But the absurd 100-hour claim devaluates this entire thing. Why would you even say that, I wonder.

Also, OMG footprints. Like in, eh.. MGS?

Batzi

Banned
I have a full time job with three kids. I think all of the length complainers don't realize that some people dont have as much free time as they do. I'll gladly spend $40 on this and hope they try to experiment with more movielike formats in the future.

this game looks so awful

It's 30$ and I hope you were joking with the thing you said about the game looking awful.

nded

More like stopping time itself to pick out bullets, put on some lotion and maybe chat with Paramedic about movies during a boss fight. Metal Gear Games are videogamey as fuck and they've never made no bones about it.

Oh, that's awesome. Thank goodness. A stealth game where you have infinite capacity to recover from any wounds just can't work, and it's one of the big things I was worried about for GZ. I guess it's something more like the MGS3 system now, where you can regenerate regular damage but wounds have to be dealt with using items. Maybe Big Boss will limp or something to show serious damage without a HUD. I still worry that the health regeneration looks too fast (by comparison, in MGS3 you could never recover a full health bar during a hectic boss fight, for example), but all we've seen are demos played on God mode, so it's impossible to tell.

• Snake leaves footprints in the mud, which can be spotted by guards. This is just one of the things that adds to the difficulty, other things include better fields of visions for guards, randomized patrol routes and search lights; there are many things that can give your position away.

WHOSE FOOTPRINTS ARE THESE?

Nemesis_

It annoys me that the whole footprints thing was meant to be all like WOW HOW NEXT GEN when the original MGS did that too ._.

Top Bottom