• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online - Details Announced! (Confirmed launch alongside MGSV's release)

Marvel

could never
Kojima just posted on twitter-
B4Wl9fxCMAAE3FV.jpg

Please let Bone owners have the beta too.

Im curious to see how the Gecko thing worked was it like Battlefield you take it when it spawns

or what it looked like and im hoping, if a team locks down a certain area for a time they get rewarded with resources like machines, guns and shields would be sick

Oh my god the selfie but killed me. I don't really like online games of this sort but I love Metal Gear so I'm really hyped for this.

It's really cool that Kojima is giving us best of both here though. We're getting a normal mainline entry along with online. I wish other franchises trying to modernize did this instead of just going full online only.

El_Chino

If this is 720p on XB1 I will need to buy a PS4

Looking forward to the online more than the main game. As long as they got rid of that Konami id shit
If it is 720p then I don't believe the Fox engine was really meant for multiplatform. It seems to excel only on the PS4.

On topic: the trailer looked like a lot of fun, never played MGO before.

Jingo

Can someone please help me , i cant register the game, the only code i had was a psn code to download in the store, i dont have anything else, am i missing something?

Can someone please help me , i cant register the game, the only code i had was a psn code to download in the store, i dont have anything else, am i missing something?

are you talking about the codes that went out with GZ retail copies? digital copies didn't come with a code, as long as the game purchase is tied to your account, you will get whatever bonus that gives you for TPP (Which i still believe is motherbase stuff)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member

Only Canada and US received a Konami Vault Code. Other regions got a PSN code. I think it unlocks the same content though.. On my PSN code it actually says "mother base recruits" so it looks like we can transfer some characters from GZ to our Diamond Dogs staff - most likely Mr. Kojima himself ( ͠° ͜ʖ ͡°)ง

Radec

Will it come with Konami ID registration before you can play the game?

I love MGO but that konami shit should be blasted out with Rex's nuke.

Coconut

Banned
The game looked MOBA-like am I wrong in that assumption that the masked characters are goons and Ocelot and the Boss are the 'hero' characters?

Nzyme32

The game looked MOBA-like am I wrong in that assumption that the masked characters are goons and Ocelot and the Boss are the 'hero' characters?

That doesn't sound very moba like. moba's tend to be 5 v 5, each side is all heroes. Goons (creeps) are in waves per team. per lane, and unlimited until specific buildings are destroyed

Coconut

Banned
That doesn't sound very moba like. moba's tend to be 5 v 5, each side is all heroes. Goons (creeps) are in waves per team. per lane, and unlimited until specific buildings are destroyed

Sorry Strategy, MOBA-like, shooter. the goon stuff and hero aspect is what makes it MOBA-like.

Top Bottom