• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

rvy

Banned
What the fuck, you dipshits. What's wrong with you? Fucking idiots. Go region-lock your dicks why don't you. It's clear you're not getting any at home so you fuck us instead.

Motherfucker.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Get fucked Konami. Who the hell do you think you are? Nintendo?

Gonna log into my JPSN account later and see if this is true for the demo that I got from the ZOE HD Edition Premium Package. Will report back with results, though why I expect things to be different...

Izick

This never makes any sense to me, ever. I understand how some FULL GAMES don't make it over here because of licensing or whatever the case, but a GAME DEMO for a game that's already slated for the States anyway? You region lock that? Why?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Was just about to boot up my PS3 too. Well, then.

This is stupid as hell, but given that it's Konami, I'm not even surprised.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Region locked!? Aw hell naw. I'd like to slap the person responsible for this decision across the face with that giant-purple-dildo from Saint's Row 3.

Izick

I'm not going to buy some HD pack of a niche game that nobody played (but everyone praises) and that I have no interest in, just to play a Metal Gear solid spin-off. I mean this game looks cool, but not that cool.

So how long before Konami retreats and says it was a mistake?

rikichi

my friend, who lives in the US, has a JP PS3 and is downloading the demo right now. We'll see if that makes any difference.

jett

D-Member
Thank god SSX supplied this information before I downloaded three-friggin-gigs. I think I would've gone insane from the rage. :p

my friend, who lives in the US, has a JP PS3 and is downloading the demo right now. We'll see if that makes any difference.

Is it possible to eliminate region locking in a hacked PS3? I don't have a hacked ps3 but I wonder.

Dragun619

oh wow, and I was about turn my PS3 on too. Is this the first time we've gotten a Region Locked demo? I don't recall ever dealing with Region lock at all with ps3.

rvy

Banned
It comes with a shitgame and an inferior version of a game I already own. I have some self-respect. :p

iPXbWZc6Sb1MX.gif

Despera

Banned
Anyone remember the Uncharted demo fiasco? Maybe they'll fix the situation in a similar fashion if we complained and whined enough.

HardRojo

Well this really sucks... but I was planning to buy ZoE HD soon so whatever, region locking demos is the next step in restrictions I believe.

Top Bottom