• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising demo up on JP PSN [Region Locked. No US/EU/Asia. Snake? Snaaaaake!]

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ID tagged consoles download ID tagged demos. And endless series of downloads controlled by publishers. Hardware control. Software control. Distribution control. And he who controls demos controls history.

duckroll

ID tagged consoles download ID tagged demos. And endless series of downloads controlled by publishers. Hardware control. Software control. Distribution control. And he who controls demos controls history.

Where's the LIKE button for this post? I need to click it.

Didn't see the thread update and I was already installing the demo, needless to say I am about ready to chop something into a million pieces with a sword.

jett

D-Member

Japanese development. Japanese development never changes.

angelfly

So much for PS3 being a bastion of region free gaming. First Persona and now this. Makes me wonder if the actual game will be locked as well.

Dreamer RD

Epic fail damn.

110212-1633.mp4_snapshot_00.22-2012.12.13_07.39.32.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAv6jtXXhak

Sophia

What's the fucking point of region locking what is essentially free advertising? It's like they saw what Atlus did and decided they hate money. :\

Sophia

They want people to buy the Zone of the Enders HD collection.

Seems pointless. If they weren't going to purchase Zone of the Enders HD before, they're certainly not going to now. These aren't your average consumers making Japanese accounts to download the demo, after all.

remz

Does the PAL version of ZOE HD contain the rising demo? I didn't see anything about it on the box so I presumed that they screwed us out of it

Obivously for commerical reasons in other territories.
Please pay for free bonus stuff.

The region lock allows them to actual control for the content, I mean this is a buisness right?

jett

D-Member
Obivously for commerical reasons in other territories.
Please pay for free bonus stuff.

The region lock allows them to actual control for the content, I mean this is a buisness right?

Let me ask you a question which will dictate how I will address you for the remainder of your natural life: are you defending this decision?

Uncharted 1 demo iirc ?(but was not on purpose,ND didn't know or something like that and then changed it when people asked them and make it free region again)

Oh, I remember that demo. Yeah, I guess there was a box that they forgot to check and fixed the issue.

Vamphuntr

Region locking a demo... This is really dumb. I'm guessing the PS4 and Xbox 720 won't let you make different accounts for different regions and that the stores will be checking your IP.

I don't see why people would buy the terrible ZOE collection only to play a demo.

Campbell: Good work Raiden!

Let me ask you a question which will dictate how I will address you for the remainder of your natural life: are you defending this decision?

AMAZING phrasing here, going to steal it.

In exchange, two from a thread recently:

1. "Is there any limit to the list of things that are wrong with you?"

2. "Do not even fill out in triplicate the forms you would need to apply to fuck with me."

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, thanks for saving me the hassle of downloading it. Get fucked, Konami. I'm not buying ZoE HD just to try a demo.

As a consumer in the digital age, I REFUSE to wait for content I 'deserve'.
As someone who runs a business I accept the reasoning.

Luminous_Reaver

Neo Member
I have been eagerly anticipating this demo for some time now.

I hope the internet goes into unruly mob mode and forces Konami to correct this grave injustice.

Top Bottom