• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising director would like to make either Kill La Kill or Berserk

Prototype

Saw this in the Kill La Kill OT and almost fell out of my chair. I'd love to get either game in that style. As I said in that thread, Metal gear rising modified engine + Berserk = dreams. I could also see it working really well for KLK as well. Man, if only dreams could come true.

7P9Q00x.png

https://twitter.com/PG_saito/status/619377368101093377

Oh boy. I feel bad for JP Kellams.

For those who don't know, this is the director of Metal Gear Rising and the upcoming Transformers: Devastation.
I could imagine Berserk as dark souls like game, but with MGR mechanics.. it would melt minds.

What is also interesting is if he wants to work on it, why can't he? What's stopping him? Is it just a money issue, as in they need to partner up with someone to get the money to make the game. Or is it a legal issue? Could they even make the game if they had the money? Just seems like if these are the games he wants to make, given his position in the industry and proximity (japanese manga/japanse dev) that there would be the "will" some where to make it.

I hope one day something like this happens. Any other devs out there talked about their "dream" projects? writing this thread has got me thinking about what other people in the industry dream of making.

sorry if old, im a pretty chronic browser and havent seen a thread on this

A-V-B

Kill la Kill was born to be a Platinum game. I wanted one the second I saw the character art with the scissor blades and the cutting of fibers.

Assuming Saito not being facetious here (P* employees are constantly pestered on Twitter about making a KLK/Berserk game, so this could be him being sarcastic), I wonder what Mr. Kellams thinks about that. He has openly expressed a distaste for KLK.

Virdix

Gimme Berserk, i seriously just started and im on episode 15 as of tonight. Finally understand why I hear about it all the time.

Prototype

Berserk is safer. Kill la Kill has nudity, it never sold for bayonetta, won't work for kill la kill.

ya.. that would be tough to work around, but im sure there would be a solution. I mean, given the 2, I'd rather have Berserk... but I think a Kill La Kill game could be really fucking cool.

I would want KLK to have a co-op element. local/online, would be fun to slice enemies up with Ryuko and Satsuki .

stil, tho, BERSERK.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Do random twitter replies warrant threads? This will most likely just devolve into "what IP should Platinum make a game for" #2875

Anyway Berserk combat feels too slow for PG.

Why in the world would you want Miyazaki to do anything other than original content straight from his brain? God knows we actually need more of that.

Straight from his brain? The games are basically half Berserk already.

I actually think that the OTT nature of Kill la Kill's fights is a perfect fit for Platinum. Hell, many of the set pieces and especially the final boss battle in TW101 reminded me a lot of Gurren Lagann, so I'd love to see it.

ArjanN

Berserk is safer. Kill la Kill has nudity, it never sold for bayonetta, won't work for kill la kill.

Umm..Berserk has tons of nudity and rape.

IMO the problem with Berserk is that the story is too integral, so you're either stuck retelling the same story (which is kinda boring) or it's some shoehorned sidestory thing,

Mechazawa

Saito seems like the resident "get this dude to make magic out of some low budget shit" so the only way I could condone him working on Berserk is if he got an actual motherfucking budget.

Also.

Reknoc

Hmm, yes, a Berserk game would be nice, but only if they somehow managed to get Hirasawa to do the soundtrack.

Would at least look better than the films.

You know... I actually want them to make a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Game more. I don't know which part but I'd like to see their take on the series.

A-V-B

The story wasn't even really that important in Kill la Kill, which makes it kinda perfect

It has crazy characters and a neat setting, but it was obvious they came up with the story fly-by-wire, so fuck it, make it a game.

Akainu

You can have kill la kill (it'd be as shit as rising but considering the show is crap who cares) but you stay the hell away from Berserk.

Dark_castle

Please! I need a great Berserk game in my life!

But given Guts is more power strength than speed (he's still agile in general), I would prefer From Software to handle the combat. Or Hideaki Itsuno's Dragon's Dogma style.

PirateKing

I want From Software to make Berserk and Platinum to make Kill La Kill (I don't like the anime). That would be amazing.

Joeku

Kill la Kill was pretty much written as an adaptation of a Platinum game that never was. I would be all over that in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom