• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Jetstream DLC |OT| Show Me A Good Time, Platinum

so far nothing on stream has been as much of a cut-n-paste job as I expected. The platforming looks a bit janky, but atleast it's in the game.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
His quick draw looks to have an just timing element unlike Raiden's. Kinda like Gilgamesh in DMC4. (Just a guess based on blue flash achieved when it looked like Sam released his charge as soon as it fully charged.)

Could be dead wrong though and that's just what all his moves look like when charged regardless of timing

It looks like you can charge (any?) attack.

It looks like the enders to all his strings are charge moves. Some of them similar to what he used in his boss fight

He looks different enough for a game that still has to be Metal Gear Rising I guess. I'll pick this up on Thursday when I have chance to sit down and play it

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
ibb3CjSZt0dsd3.gif
Haha! Just look at that smug mofo!

Had no idea this was hitting so soon. Bought, bought and bought.

EDIT: Wait, what the hell is this Bladewolf DLC that's supposed to come in May??

Monocle

Wow, Sam's move set looks crazy. So much better than I expected. I hope there's a way to use him in more than just the DLC chapter and VR missions.

Duffyside

Banned
I'm surprised you guys are as excited for this as it seems. I'm all for Platinum's philosophy of "gameplay first," but not "gameplay only." Is there anything in this DLC that isn't a reused asset?

chrono01

It's going to be a long wait until I'm able to buy if on the PSN.

At the very least, it will do the impossible. It will stop me from constantly playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate non-stop through the day [when I have some free-time].

Impossible!!

Mechazawa

On one hand, the sewer level in Rising is the absolute worst level in the game.

On the other hand, World Marshall is the best.

My heart.

Kusagari

I'll easily take a Sam that plays uniquely, which seems to be the case, over different levels.

I'm sure Platinum would have done both if possible, so I'm glad they chose the superior option.

Hypron

Okay Platinum, I added 500MS points to my account, I'm waiting to give you my money! Please hurry up!

Edit: Also, I must say, this thread title is just perfect. The first thing that pops up in my head when I hear Sam is "Show me a good time, Jack!".

I keep trying to add my Visa gift card so I can get this but Sony is being really shitty and won't accept my card. What am I supposed to do?

Raxus

Does the Jetstream DLC on the 360 come with the DLC VR missions in the US? I am still waiting on those.

katkombat

Banned
Is it up yet? I so need this.

Yeah I just bought, almost 1 gb, but is there some sort of pricing error? I got it for $10 but I thought it was supposed to be $7? This come with those VR missions, too (not the 5 bonus ones but the """""exclusive""""" ps3 ones)?

Wonder if ill get my $3 back. I kinda need it for Dust so, I'll be rather pissed.

Dave1988

in the DLC, Perfect Parries don't do obscene amounts of damage on Revengence anymore. One PP on BladeWolf only took off 21% of its health. It also appears that there's no Customization screen for Sam so it looks like everything is unlocked for him from the get-go (maybe except for Health. The stream I'm watching has Sam at 170% health which seems a pretty arbitrary number to top his health off).

demidar

in the DLC, Perfect Parries don't do obscene amounts of damage on Revengence anymore. One PP on BladeWolf only took off 21% of its health. It also appears that there's no Customization screen for Sam so it looks like everything is unlocked for him from the get-go (maybe except for Health. The stream I'm watching has Sam at 170% health which seems a pretty arbitrary number to top his health off).

Well 500% damage is pretty absurd in the first place.

Top Bottom