• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Jetstream DLC |OT| Show Me A Good Time, Platinum

sf90scBl.jpg

Price: $9.99 US/800 MSP
Release Date: Tuesday, April 9th (PSN/XBL)
Frames: Still 60 per second.

Gameplay Trailer #1

Everyone's favourite smug Brazilian cyborg is back with Metal Gear Rising's first story DLC: Jetstream's Story.

In this single-chapter DLC, players will control Sam Rodriguez as he slices and dices his way through the Sewers and World Marshal HQ (which served as the setting for the second and fourth chapters of the main game) on a quest to... Well, we're not really sure why at this point, as very little information has been disclosed regarding the plot of this DLC. The OP will be updated tomorrow with full information, so stay tuned!

Sam is functionally very different to Raiden from the main game; sharing only his Zandatsu and Blade Mode mechanics. Sam has a variety of unique moves in his arsenal, such as a dash slash, a charging launcher and a "death of a thousand cuts" type attack. The chapter will have three bosses,
another Metal Gear Ray UG
, pre-Bladewolf LQ-84i, and
Senator Steven "NANOMACHINES, SON" Armstrong.

In addition, the DLC will contain 5 additional VR Missions in which you play as Sam.

Impressions:

Have a positive or negative experience with this DLC and want your voice to be heard? PM ScraftyDevil with your impressions or a short review and they'll be posted here.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
You might want to take the A out of XBLA in the OP, makes it sound like a stand-alone arcade title.

I hope the DLC is somewhat substantial. There's a trophy for beating it in one hour on revengeance mode, hopefully that's actually meant to be difficult. Given how the timer works in this game that at least means it'll be a longer chapter than any individual one from the main game.

This is actually Platinum's first DLC isn't it? Other than a costume here and there, I mean. Interested to see how it turns out.

DigiMish

Cautiously optimistic - I hope there's at least a couple new rooms and that the entire DLC doesn't just take place in environments we've played before.

Jb

Um.... judging by the price and description, it looks like it's going to be just recycled content from the main game :/ Might still buy it because it's so cheap, but I hope the other DLCs are more interesting.

Revven

So Bladewolf DLC is going to be released completely separate from this? I thought they both came together for the $6.99...

Regardless, I'm in anyway!

Daigoro

$7 for a chapter. ill wait for impressions.

got burnt out after three straight runs. im sure it'll be time to go back soonish though.

DigiMish

$6.99 seems too expensive to me - they should have went with the sweet fiver price. Haven't played it yet of course...

netguy503

Are there going to be any new achievements/trophies for the DLC?

For seven bucks you better hope so or there will be rage. I'm still pissed the newest payed PS AllStars DLC didn't come with any trophies at all (I think that was $5 with all the components together if you didn't get a code with God of War). I'm definitely weary now of buying the next set of new characters and stages if they continue like that. :/

Cheddahz

Banned
For seven bucks you better hope so or there will be rage. I'm still pissed the newest payed PS AllStars DLC didn't come with any trophies at all (I think that was $5 with all the components together if you didn't get a code with God of War). I'm definitely weary now of buying the next set of new characters and stages if they continue like that. :/

I've gotten really wary about buying DLC that doesn't include achievements, I know that it sounds dumb, but I like for people to know that I got the latest DLC

Beckx

More screenshots up at the Japanese site.

Here's the trophy list.

DL-Story-01: Status - Closed
Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream.

You're Hired
Defeat Sen. Armstrong without taking any damage on Hard difficulty or above.

Master of the Wind
Complete DL-Story-01: Jetstream on Revengeance difficulty in one hour or less.

Draw, Pardner!
Defeat 100 enemies in DL-Story-01: Jetstream's Story mode using Quick Draw.

Soodanim

Going back to Dark Souls after Revengeance makes me miss the timings for block/parry. I think I might be ready for this. But I might wait for the 2nd DLC, especially if there's any chance of it being turned into a bundle.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've gotten really wary about buying DLC that doesn't include achievements, I know that it sounds dumb, but I like for people to know that I got the latest DLC

Yep, there's going to be new achievements/trophies. They've leaked already.

Beckx

Also, from the screenshots, in at least some of the VR missions you appear to be playing as a Dwarf Gekko.

Dave1988

Also, from the screenshots, in at least some of the VR missions you appear to be playing as a Dwarf Gekko.

Those screens are from the recently released DLC VR missions not Sam's DLC.

I really wonder why they didn't even bother to release a trailer for the DLC. And still no release date for Europe :(

jett

D-Member
Quick draw is in the main game.

I'm definitely not diving head first into this DLC, not interested in a barely-a-character-swap, will wait for descriptions and impressions.

Gbraga

I'm not so sure about this, I hope it's more unique than it sounds.

If it's basically Raiden with a new move I'm not really interested.

At least for Bladewolf they'll have to change the gameplay a lot more, right? I hope so...

Might still buy this, but definitely not before reading some impressions and watching some videos, the main game was very disappointing to me, I was expecting a top tier action game, and it was not quite there. Still very good though.

Top Bottom