• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

Metal Gear Rising PS Vita trophies pop-up

Feb 28, 2011
So this just appeared on the trophy list when looking up MGR under PSN on the Vita.

Eusis

Apr 15, 2011
I think this is a glitch. It's happened to other games before.
It'd probably be 30 FPS anyway, as neat as it could be. For a game like this that could be a big deal.

Then again, so could slicing with the touch screen.

Takao

Banned
Mar 19, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Think about it, that listing implies a shared trophy list amongst Vita and PS3. Only games to have shared trophy lists are Cross Buy. MGR is already out. There's no Vita version, so Cross Buy's not possible. A late port would likely have additional content to make up for its' lateness, thus no shared trophy list.

This happened to that Senran Kagura game, where a PS3 icon came up in the trophy list when that game is (for now, I guess) a Vita exclusive.

Diablo Rosso

Jul 31, 2012
Think about it, that listing implies a shared trophy list amongst Vita and PS3. Only games to have shared trophy lists are Cross Buy. MGR is already out. There's no Vita version, so Cross Buy's not possible. A late port would likely have additional content to make up for its' lateness, thus no shared trophy list.

This happened to that Senran Kagura game, where a PS3 icon came up in the trophy list when that game is (for now, I guess) a Vita exclusive.
Transfarring, son.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Feb 14, 2009
Would it really be surprising to see a Kojima game (even if made by Platinum) find its way to Vita ?

HD ports are already there, so not really. Maybe they'll farm it out to BluePoint if it's true.

As it is, I don't believe it. It's gotta be a mistake.

Diablo Rosso

Jul 31, 2012
It might make sense if that were the case, but they changed "Becoming a Lightning God" to "Stormbringer" and "Virtually a God" to "Virtually Flawless".
Removed all references to God. Interesting. I don't think there any complaints about that was there.

Jul 28, 2007
CT, USA
Touchscreen slashing would be afuckingmazing. Better happen even if the this is a glitch. Gyro for camera control, thumb/finger for slicing. Perfect!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Apr 23, 2010

Get stunned by Mastiff. Destroy tiny ickle Vita sticks.

Seek out your own revengeance.