• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC made FREE, main game cheaper

kiyomi

Hopefully this comes to the EU, as well.

It would mean that PS+ subscribers get the whole game and all its' content for free. :D

okay okay so it's not technically free

Thanks for the clarification. Hope the offer will also be available on the EU PS Store.

No problem. I noticed the MGR Facebook page also posted that the the base price has been dropped as well as the DLC becoming free. The page and Eurogamer probably just jumped the gun posting that info as price drops normally happen when the PSN Store updates.

That said..... I can only hope that the PC version will still be coming 'soon'. Like this year 'soon'. Kinda miss playing Rising now that I've traded in my PS3 copy towards the Amazon DS4 credit deal. I do wonder if it will be $19.99 or $29.99 when it launches on PC though. I mean I'd pay the higher price no questions asked but it would be nice if it was $10 cheaper than the console version.

Sushigod7

US Store is still showing pricing as well I'll grab these for sure was going to buy the Sam DLC at some point or when it was on sale.

ultron87

Oh, that's awesome.

I wish more companies would do this. Or at least reduce the DLC cost over time It always makes me sad when I come to a two year old game and all the DLC is still stupidly expensive and costs far more than the game itself did.

chrono01

Metal Gear Rising was, and still is, one of my favorite games of 2013. Yet, for whatever reason, I never purchased the DLC. I blame my massive backlog.

However, for free? Yes...yes...I will accept that!

BadWolf

How is the main game? Is it more a spin off with Raiden. Or is there some story bits about his past?

It takes place after MGS4 so its Raiden's game but still features and references characters and events from the MGS games.

There's also a ton of optional codec conversations with lots of info.

It has stealth but the main focus of the game is without a doubt action so don't expect the usual MGS gameplay.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Now I regret spending money on them

Didn't even finish blade wolf's.

Ooh, that's great! I bought the game at full price and I liked it, but was a bit salty about the game length and didn't end up buying the DLC. Now I can get it. :)

Feorax

Still showing full price on EU store. Hopefully it will go through at some point in the next couple of hours.

Wow, awesome. One of my favourite games of the year but I didn't opt for the DLC, I was waiting for the PC release.

Guess I'll check it out now though!

I was interested in the DLC but didn't want to drop the cash on it, so this is pretty sweet. Definitely gonna grab them after work.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
TIME TO GET BLADEWOLF

Already bought Sam's DLC and I really enjoyed it, hell that was worth the money I replayed it like 8 times. But I didn't get bladewolf because I wasn't particularly interested in it but this is awesome news!

Bought the game at full price and already had the Gamestop DLC downloaded but put off buying the other dlc.

Just bought and queued up the dlc for download when I get home.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Good guy Konami. It's been a while since a company has just given away dlc previously released as paid digital content.

I usually don't feel this way but I kinda feel ripped off paying the high price originally. I mean I got plenty of time out of it and got it much earlier than people now but I still feel a little ripped.

MDSLKTR

Ok got them in the cart now to find time to play and finish them before next friday...
Beat this game once, and haven't touched it since. Is any of the DLC worth jumping back in?

It's story based, new characters and moves, new cutscenes aaand free, can't beat that.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It's a good move but I can tell how people would feel miffed since both of these things happened at the same time. Although dlc doesn't really sell a game just by itself so it might be a smarter way to get more buzz to so them at the same time.

If they're too aggressive with this sort of pricing them people will feel ripped off

flkraven

It's a good move but I can tell how people would feel miffed since both of these things happened at the same time. Although dlc doesn't really sell a game just by itself so it might be a smarter way to get more buzz to so them at the same time.

If they're too aggressive with this sort of pricing them people will feel ripped off

What about the fact that MGR was free on PS+?

Top Bottom