• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Revengeance DLC made FREE, main game cheaper

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Oh damn. I hadn't bought these despite loving the shit out of the game cuz MonHun was out by the time they released, and dear lord, how was another game supposed to tear me away from that?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Now THAT is nice.

I never bought the DLC, a tiny bit of that was because I got a copy to write a review for, but never got around to returning it after all these months. Either way I don't buy DLC unless I really feel that it's more than its money's worth, which has only happened a few times this gen.

So glad I held out, very much appreciated Platinum!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Just thinking about this on PC makes me salivate. Better graphics + PS4 controller = bliss

Might buy now, actually. Does my money go to PG* or Konami?

Trick question, it goes to the retailer.

Konami rep here, LET'S ANSWER SOME QUESTIONS!

Q: How much DLC is free?
A: Bladewolf and Jetstream Sam are free. Additional costumes are not.

Q: Who's getting the free DLC?
A: All North American users.

Q: Will North America be getting that Japanese version with the DLC included?
A: Not at this time, the only news is the price cut across all retailers to $29.99 and the DLC will be free in North America.

Q: I heard the full game will be free!
A: Yes, to European PS+ members (only).

Q: What about that PC version?
A: Still coming, hold for details.

Q: Where's that Gray Fox skin on PSN?
A: I keep asking the same thing. We're currently putting the paperwork through.

Q: Is the DLC free to new purchasers or everyone?
A: Everyone. YOU get a Bladewolf! YOU get a Bladewolf! AND YOU get a Bladewolf! EVERYONE GETS A BLADEWOLF!

Bring back MGO.

tumblr_m4czsl2c0J1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg

Not touching that one.

Paid full price for both Jetstream and Bladewolf DLC. I regret nothing.

Will support Platinum day 1 on everything.

Pros and cons of Jetstream
+Unique Moveset
+Entertaining cutscenes
+Aggressive enemies with new attacks
-Rehashed areas and boss fight
-Short

Pros and cons of Bladewolf
+Brand new boss fight
+Hot Wind Blowing
+Combination Attack
+Mistral
-Bladewolf's moveset is very lacking
-Short

Agree, plan to do the same for the PC release.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I'm kind of glad I never payed for this Blade Wolf DLC. I enjoyed the Jetstream Sam mission, but this one felt lacking in all sorts of areas. Hearing Hot Wind Blowing in game was pretty cool, though.

Arozay

Cool! I held off buying the DLC since I got burnt out on trying to gold one of the VR missions I needed for plat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsW3LskIr5E and I shall keep doing this until it's released on Steam.

Seriously, where is news on this and Lords of Shadow 2 coming to Steam?! WTF at the lack of news, Konami!? I want to buy it again!

AHHHHHH!!!

As mentioned before on our official Lords of Shadow Facebook page, Lords of Shadow 2 will be launching on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 all on the same day. Nothing about that has changed (to my knowledge). :)

wait I don't find the free DLC on the Eu PS store. Not yet up/ not for Eu ?

This part is where it gets confusing.

In Europe you are getting the game free as a part of PS+, but no DLC for free.

In North America, game costs $29.99 now, and the DLC (Bladewolf, Sam) are free.

luokyl

This part is where it gets confusing.

In Europe you are getting the game free as a part of PS+, but no DLC for free.

In North America, game costs $29.99 now, and the DLC (Bladewolf, Sam) are free.

Ack, so we're not getting the DLC for free on Australia/Europe PSN when it's already free on the EU Xbox Live Marketplace? ...balls, I bought this game on launch as well.

katkombat

Banned
just came in to say i bought the game + dlc for full price and it was worth it all.

my only elite ranked game on raptr as of now (for hours played compared to the world)

Lt.Chips

A little off-topic, but I put the savings from this free DLC deal toward the purchase of DmC from the US PSN (which was on sale for $14 until yesterday).
I feel a bit dirty...

duckroll

Really? Cool. Just scared since I had to use the Grey Fox skin code on my HK account.

Codes aren't compatible because they're generated based on regional stores for distribution purposes. But the actual downloadable DLC shares the same code as far the US and Asian game is concerned. When I downloaded the free VR Missions DLC from the US store way back, it worked fine with my Asian game. I downloaded the Bladewolf and Jetstream Sam DLCs from the US store earlier too, but I haven't had a chance to test yet.

Top Bottom