• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Gameplay Tutorial

Korigama

The game looks good and I think it will be fun playing as well! Platinum Games you can do it! I don't know about the story yet ...
Story side of things is Kojima Productions' responsibility, for what it's worth (same writer as the original Rising).

feel

I love that they're fully including all the great stuff from the original Rising that we were looking forward too like fast stealth segments and the cutting mechanics, when Revengeance was announced I thought it would be a cheap bayonetta clone in a MGS skin with none of the cool stuff from the original Rising announcements.

Osaka15

Banned
Filller? Hmph...this the main course for me. I'll probably be playing this for years.

I find it difficult to see that happening. I can not see any lasting reply value with this game, unlike the main franchise with MGO :D. But, I guess what you said was sacarsm...unless you have hidden information about this game lol!

I find it difficult to see that happening. I can not see any lasting reply value with this game, unlike the main franchise with MGO :D. But, I guess what you said was sacarsm...unless you have hidden information about this game lol!

You can't see lasting replay value in a character action game? If this is even half the game Bayonetta was it'll be a better value than most singleplayer titles out there.

I've put way more hours into Bayonetta than Metal Gear Solid 4.

Noema

You can't see lasting replay value in a character action game? If this is even half the game Bayonetta was it'll be a better value than most singleplayer titles out there.

Indeed. Bayonetta is no doubt my most played single-player game of this generation. The learning curve in that game is almost like learning to play an instrument and it has boatloads of content.

And I still boot up Ninja Gaiden Black at least once a month.

If this game is any good we'll be playing it well into the next console generation. These are not 10-hour cinematic "experience" games with little replay value (disclaimer: nothing wrong with them)

It feels so great to come to terms with a combat system like Bayonetta's. When your hands start doing combos without you even telling them to. And then when you come back to it 6 months later you forget a few things at first but your hands still remember the basics.Playing an instrument is the perfect way to describe a good action game combat system. Playing a bad action game becomes immediately obvious.

Noema

I remember the first time I found out about Dodge Offsets in Bayonetta. I could barely wrap my head around the concept, let alone execute it in the heat of battle.

Now I can pull it off pretty consistently and that fact is almost as satisfying to me as learning a new guitar solo. It's like the same synapses go off; same feeling of endorphins being pumped into my brain. It's unlike anything else in gaming; you enter into a zen state and everything else blurs away (other than fighting games, but I'm a bad loser so I don't play them anymore).

God, I love this type of games. This game is going to be awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Game is shaping up nicer and nicer. Awesome.

I just want to see even more footage. They've been showing us the same stuff forever.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
a4mui5.gif

cut dat ass!!

Ein Bear

I hope this does well enough that Konami can carry out their plan of making Rising into it's own series.

With Devil May Cry getting rebooted, Ninja Gaiden turned to shit, and Bayonetta's chances of a sequel seemingly killed by Sega's financial troubles, MGR would be perfect to carry the torch of action gaming.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
The gameplay reminds me of Bayonetta except the QTES / finishers are replaced with that free aim blade thingy.
If it plays anything like Bayo, I will be a happy bunny.

That vwooom sound when he goes into Blade Mode is so sick... Gonna make those finishers so satisfying.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Vid looks sweet, I've always had confidence in this, despite the odd laugh at some artistic choices. Makes me want to finish Bayonetta now.....

To think of it too, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 4 have not been released on the 360, yet they are still releasing Rising on Xbox.

Yeah, but they had 2. Seems like they be delving into his childhood, hinted at in 2. Just my two cents

But wasn't #2 part of some deal Konami and Microsoft had? Two games for two games or something? PS2 got Age of Empires and ?????? distributed by Konami and in return Xbox got MGS2 and ??????

*Edit*
Sorry, didn't realise you meant '2' as in the 360 has had two games from the MGS series on 360.

Forever

Banned
I hope this does well enough that Konami can carry out their plan of making Rising into it's own series.

With Devil May Cry getting rebooted, Ninja Gaiden turned to shit, and Bayonetta's chances of a sequel seemingly killed by Sega's financial troubles, MGR would be perfect to carry the torch of action gaming.

MGR is the character action genre's last stand. It's kinda tragic, really.

StuBurns

Banned
Is P-100 on the Bayo engine too? If that engine is on WiiU, I imagine it makes a port more likely. Still very unlikely, but more likely.

TreIII

If it plays anything like Bayo, I will be a happy bunny.

That vwooom sound when he goes into Blade Mode is so sick... Gonna make those finishers so satisfying.

Reminds me a lot of activating "SLOW" in Viewtiful Joe. Natch, considering Kenji Saito was the programmer for Viewtiful Joe, too!

Can't wait for this game. If Konami makes this game into its own series AND brings back ZOE, as well? They could easily become my new "one-stop shop" for action games.

jett

D-Member
Top Bottom