• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Gameplay Tutorial

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The start of an era.

Competitive action right here folks. Enjoy it, as this is the last piece of gem this generation.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The gameplay reminds me of Bayonetta except the QTES / finishers are replaced with that free aim blade thingy.

a4mui5.gif

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
And so the recent terrible screenshot thread has found its natural opposite reaction thread in this.

I said 'holy shit' out loud at the car slicing and then again when he turns that cyborg dude into aerial steaks. This game feels next gen, and that don't always mean the graphics dudesons.

TheMink

Oh my god, that is insanely awesome O_O

That mid-air blade mode was Bad ASS

i wonder if (like MGS tradition) it will have a blood off option, that would be kinda funny looking lol

And so the recent terrible screenshot thread has found its natural opposite reaction thread in this.

I said 'holy shit' out loud at the car slicing and then again when he turns that cyborg dude into aerial steaks. This game feels next gen, and that don't always mean the graphics dudesons.

I remember pointing out in a recent DMC thread how 60 fps looks amazing, and the counter argument by some posters were "Well look at those crappy screens they released!"

And then this comes out. Beautiful.

Roche

Looks a lot better than I feared from reading other Gaf threads about this game. I still think the title is ridiculous though.

Carl

Meh. Been keeping an eye on it but it still isnt interesting me all that much. Will wait for the next proper Metal Gear game.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
DerZuhälter;40049149 said:
Hopefully MS & Sony have higher aims for next gen than you...

The cleverest of game designers transcend a hardware generation to give us experiences that feel like theyre stepping into the hallmark of the next. Destructible environments lost focus with most of game dev this gen to 'very pretty corridors', and I'm personally hoping with a far greater pool of ram to tool around with, the return of actually interacting with my interactive entertainment products in increasingly more innovative ways will start ramping up in kind.

Somersaulting above a combo-lifted airborne duder and slicing said dude like fucking butter chicken into totally player created succulent cyborg-steaks all in real-time is just such an example.

LowParry

Meh. Been keeping an eye on it but it still isnt interesting me all that much. Will wait for the next proper Metal Gear game.

Well, this isn't meant to be a proper MGS game, right? But c'mon. You gotta admit some of that looks hella cool. And you don't like the idea of (just in case)
throwing a Rex? Running on it anime style and just slashing the shit out of it? I mean we all know what crazy things are said in done in MGS games, so seeing how this game is shouldn't be at all too far fetched than what previous MGS games do.

A Critical Hit

Neo Member
Rising looks to be a solid action title despite it being a spinoff game. Blade mode looks particularly wicked and the action is smoother than i anticipated. Cutting watermelons ftw!

I always laughed at the purists who are saying that Rising is too unrealistic for the MG universe and that Raiden isn't capable of anything shown so far. Guess no one payed attention to any Raiden scenes in MGS 4.

I still expect the storyline to be an overly convoluted mess with equally cheesy dialogue thrown in for good measure. Looks like one of those games that is just played for mindless fun and not worrying about choices or similar endings with different colored explosions.

ironcreed

Banned
Slicing and dicing dudes and the environment into pepperoni. This is going to be one of those games that is just plain fun, and that is enough.

Well, this isn't meant to be a proper MGS game, right? But c'mon. You gotta admit some of that looks hella cool. And you don't like the idea of (just in case)
throwing a Rex? Running on it anime style and just slashing the shit out of it? I mean we all know what crazy things are said in done in MGS games, so seeing how this game is shouldn't be at all too far fetched than what previous MGS games do.

It isn't an MGS game at all. There's no solid in the title.

Top Bottom