• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

An unboxing of the limited edition with photos are at the link. Examiner

Here is a video of the plasma sword lamp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKASBdNU7EI

Why did I watch that video... now I want the Collector's Edition. The quality is top notch too, according to the Examiner:

The highlight of this package is without question the High-Frequency Plasma Lamp. Sheathed in the glass casing is Raiden’s sword which discharges an impressive lightning show.

The lamp has two settings: One being a standard lamp with a welcoming blue light; meanwhile the second is the high-frequency lightning that circles the sword and will follow your finger tip when pressed to the glass.

Raiden’s sword is nicely detailed and the build quality of the lamp is top-notch. This is definitely a piece you won’t mind showing off to friends or family.

NinjaJesus

Interesting. I was under the assumption that it was in the game already.

PlatinumGamesJP, do you know if it is a free or paid download?

"I am lightning, the rain transformed..." Take on the identity of Raiden from METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS with this DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3 . The skin will be available on Feb. 19th, 2013 for $1.99!

Taken from the info on the YouTube video.

Robot Pants

They should include every Raiden costume possible in this game.
But it'd be cool to unlock them.

- MGS2 Skull Suit
- Grey Fox Cyborg Ninja
- Olga Cyborg Ninja (MGS2)
- MGS4 Cyborg
- MGS4 Cyborg with Trench Coat
- Naked (somehow. Maybe blur out the crotch with that classic pixelated stuff like the knocked out guard in MGS1).

"I am lightning, the rain transformed..." Take on the identity of Raiden from METAL GEAR SOLID 4: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS with this DLC for Xbox 360 and PS3 . The skin will be available on Feb. 19th, 2013 for $1.99!

Taken from the info on the YouTube video.

Thank you, I was on my phone and I didn't get a chance to (nor did I think to) look at the description. I appreciate it!

Carbonox

- MGS2 Skull Suit
- Grey Fox Cyborg Ninja
- MGS4 Cyborg
- Naked (somehow. Maybe blur out the crotch with that classic pixelated stuff like the knocked out guard in MGS1).

YESPLZ

I also hope the suit Raiden skin is available for unlock in the game.

Haha, that would be great. Saint's Row can do it, so I know they can too.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Any points of interest with this particular difficulty level?

Edit: The damage output from the enemies. :lol :lol So good.

Yea. LOL. I'm uncertain of all of the changes, but it looks like the AI is ultra aggressive and they gave them new patterns. That damage you take is unholy. Seems like the types of enemies you can fight in areas got switched around too.

The first boss that everyone saw in the trailers was destroying him.

HardRojo

I haven't been following the thread because I'm afraid of spoilers (The Rising Facebook fanpage already revealed things I didn't want to know) so here's a quick question, any words on which is the best version of the game? If I'm not mistaken PS3 the lead platform for development so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the best version.

I haven't been following the thread because I'm afraid of spoilers (The Rising Facebook fanpage already revealed things I didn't want to know) so here's a quick question, any words on which is the best version of the game? If I'm not mistaken PS3 the lead platform for development so I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be the best version.

The demo suggested that they're fairly equal. The PS3 version also had exclusive VR Mission DLC if you're in the US. But other than that it really just comes down to controller preference.

Zomba13

- MGS2 Skull Suit
- Grey Fox Cyborg Ninja
- MGS4 Cyborg

I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who doesn't remember that at all in MGS2. When I first saw it brought up a while back I was all 'wait... wut?'.

I really don't remember much of MGS2. Especially no ninja. I just remember Raiden getting the HF sword and using the analogue to slice stuff while snake taps his bandana.

I only remember Olga from the Tanker but nowt to do with her after that.

Marlowe89

People say that Normal is too easy, and it is, but I had a bit of difficulty adjusting to the Bladewolf fight on that setting. I mean I can manage to parry its attacks sometimes, but I still feel like I'm not executing that move right.

I have no idea why the tutorial didn't cover it.

deim0s

revengencing my avatar?

U4biTan.png

I cocked up on the paint over... not gonna redraw the visor again. :/ Enjoy.

demidar

Hey, if anyone wants to play on the highest difficulties from the start,
try inputting a certain famous code on the title screen.

This will be interesting but I doubt I'll do it. Better to go through first on hard and figure out how to fight enemies/bosses but I'm sure this will please a few people.

Dave1988

List of unlockables. Taken from /vg/. Spoiler tagged just in case.

In game costume / armors:

There are 7, not counting default skin, +2 DLC skins (Grey Fox and Original Body)

There are 3 that are Custom Body colors, Red, Blue, and Yellow, which are unlocked by completing VR missions.

Mariachi is from File R-02, Desperado is from R-04, Suit is from R-00 on Very Hard, and Standard Body is from finishing the game on Hard or higher difficulty.

Wigs are unlockable, but are "cheats," in that they give you special powers, and there are 3 of them: Infinite Wig A, B, and Blade Mode Wig. They are unlocked by collecting certain amounts of ID chips and finishing the game.

Also, according to the guide at least, the game takes 4 playthroughs to fully unlock / upgrade all weapons and Raiden.

The HF Blades are:

Default, Muramasa, Stun Blade, Armor Breaker, HF Long Sword, HF Wooden Sword, HF Machete.

Also thanks; I hadn't really read it yet so I was just going by the numbers, so that's 20 in game VR missions to unlock.

Carbonox

List of unlockables. Taken from /vg/. Spoiler tagged just in case.

In game costume / armors:

There are 7, not counting default skin, +2 DLC skins (Grey Fox and Original Body)

There are 3 that are Custom Body colors, Red, Blue, and Yellow, which are unlocked by completing VR missions.

Mariachi is from File R-02, Desperado is from R-04, Suit is from R-00 on Very Hard, and Standard Body is from finishing the game on Hard or higher difficulty.

Wigs are unlockable, but are "cheats," in that they give you special powers, and there are 3 of them: Infinite Wig A, B, and Blade Mode Wig. They are unlocked by collecting certain amounts of ID chips and finishing the game.

Also, according to the guide at least, the game takes 4 playthroughs to fully unlock / upgrade all weapons and Raiden.

The HF Blades are:

Default, Muramasa, Stun Blade, Armor Breaker, HF Long Sword, HF Wooden Sword, HF Machete.

Also thanks; I hadn't really read it yet so I was just going by the numbers, so that's 20 in game VR missions to unlock.

6r0fc.gif

Mann (MAJOR UNLOCKING SPOILERS)
It looks like you can use infinite ripper mode wig and get S ranks in revengeance difficulty :(((

ibsxdgSsMIQ7b6.gif

Such a cop out.

dan2026

The hell difficulty is this streamer playing on?

He is dying in seconds.

I haven't read all the spoilers but my dreams of a mecha-Soldius fight, probably dashed

The pole arm weapon seems extremely over-powered too.

Dave1988

He is playing on Revengeance atm.

Mind to post a link to the stream?

The Wooden Sword has a VERY interesting mechanic tied to it.

Wooden Sword mechanic spoilers below:

I have to get ready to go to work, but I can post a bit about the sword before doing so. Any other questions I won't be able to answer till later tonight.

The Wooden Sword is unique because it cannot cut anything: no blade mode, and no barrier breaking, meaning you have to switch to something else. It is basically a totally blunt object. It doesn't have a unique 'attack' string, as it shares the combos of the HF blades, but it has something else that makes it really interesting.

The sword has a % chance to make humanoid enemies (ones that would count as 'kills') vanish, starting at a 2% chance and going to a 20% chance when fully upgraded. Enemies that 'vanish' in this way are removed from the game, but do not count towards your kills, meaning it is the perfect weapon if you are attempting a 'No Kill' run of the game. (The book doesn't say what it does against bosses, however, so I couldn't tell you how it affects them).

Also, instead of a power UPgrade, it has power DOWNgrades, meaning that it is the perfect weapon for people looking for an extreme challenge, but also for doing things like an S-Rank Easy Mode run through, because it allows you to put together very long combos and rack up a lot of points on enemies. By the time you are finished 'upgrading' its power, it basically does almost no damage at all to enemies.

Mind to post a link to the stream?

The Wooden Sword has a VERY interesting mechanic tied to it.

Wooden Sword mechanic spoilers below:

I have to get ready to go to work, but I can post a bit about the sword before doing so. Any other questions I won't be able to answer till later tonight.

The Wooden Sword is unique because it cannot cut anything: no blade mode, and no barrier breaking, meaning you have to switch to something else. It is basically a totally blunt object. It doesn't have a unique 'attack' string, as it shares the combos of the HF blades, but it has something else that makes it really interesting.

The sword has a % chance to make humanoid enemies (ones that would count as 'kills') vanish, starting at a 2% chance and going to a 20% chance when fully upgraded. Enemies that 'vanish' in this way are removed from the game, but do not count towards your kills, meaning it is the perfect weapon if you are attempting a 'No Kill' run of the game. (The book doesn't say what it does against bosses, however, so I couldn't tell you how it affects them).

Also, instead of a power UPgrade, it has power DOWNgrades, meaning that it is the perfect weapon for people looking for an extreme challenge, but also for doing things like an S-Rank Easy Mode run through, because it allows you to put together very long combos and rack up a lot of points on enemies. By the time you are finished 'upgrading' its power, it basically does almost no damage at all to enemies.

south_park_i_just_came.jpg

SO GOOD.....

Top Bottom