• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

So how is the performance.

Im running the game at 50 fps constantly and it dips down when i start slahing enemies into hundreds of pieces. Im currently trying to figure out how to make it 60 fps because theres no vsync option in the graphics.

Specs:

I5 2500k
GTX 680 2GB
16GB Ram

Uiki

To "fix" that problem on Crysis I created a custom resolution on AMD Catalyst. Don't know how you do it on Nvidia, but on AMD it goes like this:

• Open Catalyst
  • Pick "My Digital Flat Panels"
  • HDTV Support
  • Add 1080p 60 NTSC, check that
  • Press add and use the arrows to create a new custom resolution. I use 1912x1076, personally.
It should now appear in the game's settings.

Yup, this is working and i used it on many other games.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
On a i5 3.4ghz _ 660ti latest drivers running at 1080p-

Getting about 15fps with AA off, and everything else at medium.

This is a trainwreck.

No black bars here at 1080p fullscreen. I can't get the Konami code to work however. I forget, clearing the game on hard unlocks both Very Hard and Revengeance at once, right?

Now I just hope for some downsampling, I don't seem to be dropping frames.

Edit: I should note: i5 3570k, GTX 770 4GB, full 60 fps.

Miker

Right click the games name in your Steam library, go to properties, and look around for something like check file integrity. It should fix it.

This can fix a lot of issues with many games on Steam, for what it's worth. It checks to make sure everything is exactly as it should be according to the defaults in whatever database Steam is referencing, so whatever setting is causing you to crash on launch should get reverted.

Yeah, I did that and it seemed to work.

Sdoots

This is a trainwreck.

Oh boy, this is my exact set up. What i5? 3570k?

This is gonna be interesting to watch unfold, to say the least.

Ragus

Banned
Try deactivating vsync and activating it again, running windowed and then fullscreen again, or just delete your 24hz 1080p resolution using NVidia Control Panel

I don't see an option to delete 24hz using NCP.

You have to create a custom resolution. Of 1920X900. That's how I fixed that issue with Crysis one. You still get 16x9 with that res.

After creating that resolution, there is still no sign of it in Rising graphic settings.

This fucking sucks.

Getting 60FPS or thereabouts at 1080p windowed -- AMD Phenom II quad core and HD6870 here....

....But for some reason,it won't go into full screen 1080p. My monitor goes "NOT SUPPORTED!"

And...I alt-tabbed from the game to make this post and it crashed...

Actually, it didn't crash. It's like it's...closing...by itself, after a few minutes of play. No error messages, nothing. the game just closes. Like if someone just hit Alt+F4 in a fit of rage. What the hell, man.

CarlSagan

Neo Member
There's also a "GraphicOption" file in Documents/MGR/SaveData, which, if deleted, presumably would reset your settings.

60 solid FPS here on 1920x1080, fullscreen and everything maxed but 2x MSAA. Haven't tried higher.

i5-3570k, GTX 670, latest WHQL drivers.

Durante

This game is pretty crazy. It does in fact ask your system what resolutions your monitor supports, and even launches in its native resolution as far as I can tell, but then renders to an offscreen buffer of the resolution you select in the options.

DarkKyo

My first playthrough was on a PS3 and I'm using a 360 controller on my PC this time around. I completely forget how to block - what are the buttons on the 360 controller to parry?

This is a trainwreck.

Strange, no issues here. BTW, I have V-Sync on via my GPU. I always have it set that way in turn it off via in game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
rising1w4u2v.png

Gumbie

Can someone running a SLI config check gpu utilzation for me? Curious how my 770s will do without an nvidia sli profile.

Sdoots

Yeah, I did that and it seemed to work.

Good to hear. That trick doesn't touch saves or anything, and control settings have always persisted when I've had to use it, so don't hesitate to give it a try in the future when you have an issue with something. That said, it will clear out mods pretty damn quickly, so keep that in mind.

Anyone having no problems? Lots of people having issues, curious to see if anyone is having it run superb.

Gbraga

Does control panel vsync work with this game? Cause in Dark Souls borderless window mode saved me, the input lag is unbearable with Control Panel vsync on, and the tearing is too much in fullscreen mode.

Stitch

Gold Member
My first playthrough was on a PS3 and I'm using a 360 controller on my PC this time around. I completely forget how to block - what are the buttons on the 360 controller to parry?

X and left-stick

But I can't get the timing right and get hit :-/

feel

Despite the console assets, it looks pretty nice on max settings IMO.

Now someone figure out how remove the 60 fps lock.

riflen

This game is pretty crazy. It does in fact ask your system what resolutions your monitor supports, and even launches in its native resolution as far as I can tell, but then renders to an offscreen buffer of the resolution you select in the options.

Haha what? Perhaps there're serious problems with certain assets at >1080? Although I can't understand what they'd be. If the game were fixed to 1920x1080 that would make some sense, but the current state is just odd.

PhaZZe

Banned
i cant put 1920x1080 in fullscreen, my monitor shut down :(, first game i cant play in 1080p
Radeon 5870
i5 4670k 4.0Ghz
12GB RAM

Any idea why i cant handle 1080p with fullscreen?

60 fps but i cant handle fullscreen D:

BadWolf

X and left-stick

But I can't get the timing right and get hit :-/

Make sure you are:

- Letting the stick go after hitting forward+attack, it has to go back to neutral.

- You are parrying towards the attacker, not the attack. So if a Gecko is trying to kick you and the leg is coming from the left. Parry towards the Gecko, not the leg.

Tain

lol, neat.

So it should be pretty clear that this is a deliberate choice and not complete ignorance, but the burning question is why would they do this.

Guess Who

Banned

This is a trainwreck.

Weird. I'm on a weaker machine (Phenom II X4 955 BE, 560 Ti) and getting mostly-solid 60fps with everything maxed out.

Top Bottom