• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
The Sam DLC is awesome so far
UnIx6ZF.jpg

WLl5sEz.jpg

I literally cannot run the game in fullscreen at any resolution. Switching from window to fullscreen results in the screen going black while the audio runs.

I've got an i5-3570K, GTX 560 Ti 448, and 16 GB of RAM, so I've got the horsepower, but it's not letting me do it.

The Goat

Figured I'd fire up the game, give it a quick look. Nope. Currently waiting for install to finish. Almost 20 minutes worth of installing. WTF. I can't remember any other game ever taking this long.

Durante

Ok, seriously, check this shit out:

2880x1620 at 60 fps. And yet, Rising was supposed to support only 1080p.

Magic? Nanomachines?
That's actually rendering 1080p.

If you see what I posted earlier, I explain what the game does (which is pretty unique!!).

Here's what it looks like rendered at 4k with 4xMSAA, downsampled to 2560x1440 (note the broken UI elements, I guess it's the background image for the map):
screenshot_2014-01-09zys2m.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
59hz on Windows really means 59.95hz or so. I bet there is no person that can see difference between that and 60hz.

Cheers man. Fraps was the one recording 59fps. Seemed weird.

Valnen

Then, for shit and giggles, I set the resolution in Nvidia Control Panel to 1620p (I use it for downsampling). Then I booted up Rising, and the game still runs at 60fps. When I took a screenshot, it was in 2880x1620.

Well this got my game running in 1080p 60hz, but I shouldn't have to change my monitor's resolution every time I want to boot up the game. That's just terrible.

Ragus

Banned

If you see what I posted earlier, I explain what the game does (which is pretty unique!!).

Here's what it looks like rendered at 4k with 4xMSAA, downsampled to 2560x1440 (note the broken UI elements):
screenshot_2014-yg01-09zys2m.jpg

Oh, I see. Didn't notice your post, as this thread moves soooo fast.

All in all - when I play it like this, I assume I don't have a downgraded IQ in any way? I'm on a 1080p display.

Durante

Oh, I see. Didn't notice your post, as this thread moves soooo fast.

All in all - when I play it like this, I assume I don't have a downgraded IQ in any way? I'm on a 1080p display.
Well, you're scaling up and then down again so it could get a bit blurry.

Awaiting my lord and savior (Durante) to hook me up with 2560x1440 option.....maybe even a 120hz addition as well? :)

Edit: thread moves fast, apparently there's a fix already?? And here I am at the dentist!

No Love

Banned

Here's what it looks like rendered at 4k with 4xMSAA, downsampled to 2560x1440 (note the broken UI elements, I guess it's the background image for the map):

Wow. So you have a fix, huh? Can't wait to downsample this from 4k!

had it preloaded this morning, in the middle of the second level currently. runs incredibly well on my rig with everything turned up. glad i waited for the PC version.

Here's what it looks like rendered at 4k with 4xMSAA, downsampled to 2560x1440 (note the broken UI elements):

This is actually 100% what I predicted. People talk about Japan doesn't know how to port/program for PC but there's something way more basic about stuff like this. My hypothesis of the design mentality of West vs. East is that Western devs will make a game, then port it to whatever platform they want (console/PC/whatever), but in the East development is like, "We're making a game FOR the PS3." This allows better use of the console's potential, but they simply don't imagine a scenario where the game is intended to be played outside of the console, so they often come up with dirty shortcuts (like locking UI elements to ABSOLUTE COORDINATES as seen above) and when something like this comes up they have to weigh the advantages of going back and fixing stuff like this (and possibly breaking other things elsewhere) or releasing a gimped version as-is.

This is just my personal opinion and does not include the opinions or facts of my employer or Platinum.

I see there are already some brave souls in this thread with ancient ass Core 2 CPUs and old ass Radeon 4xxx series cards who've tested this game.

I'll be joining you... in about 24 hours.. thanks to my slow ass internet lol. Will probably have the lowest end test rig for MGRR in this thread lol.

PHOTOSHOP

this game is smooth
i7 and and old ass 450 gts. Running at high settings and runs like butter

First time playing this game. So far its amazing. Kick ass action scenes without all the blah blah blah

Aesthet1c

Is it possible to play this with a dual shock 4 using Dinput? My controller seems to have input issues if I try to use an xinput wrapper, but it works fine with vanilla windows drivers.

Miker

So what's the deal with the weird fullscreen 1080p resolution? It looks like it's spilling over into my other monitor, and the Steam overlay is blurry.

The game seems to run pretty nicely on my PC with all the settings up and SMAA. Though I left the chopping options at medium just in case.

i5-2320
GTX 670
8GB RAM
Playing at 1080p

I'm really enjoying the over-the-top nature of the game so far. I was grinning from ear to ear every time I went into Blade Mode!

Durante

So what's the deal with the weird fullscreen 1080p resolution? It looks like it's spilling over into my other monitor, and the Steam overlay is blurry.
The way this game does its resolutions is unlike almost anything else out there (I honestly don't know if any of the 1000s of 3D PC games which exist ever did something like this). It's honestly not surprising it could cause issues on some setups.

LiK

The game seems to run pretty nicely on my PC with all the settings up and SMAA. Though I left the chopping options at medium just in case.

i5-2320
GTX 670
8GB RAM
Playing at 1080p

I'm really enjoying the over-the-top nature of the game so far. I was grinning from ear to ear every time I went into Blade Mode!

Just the beginning. YOU DONT EVEN KNOW MAN!

This game is busted. I'm kinda annoyed I preordered this and I can't even run it. Seems like a few other people in the Steam forums are having the same problems too. This PC is new and clean so I have no idea what could be causing it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Game is pretty simplistic , but honestly I never did any of the crazy combo stuff in Bayonetta or DMC anyway. Ninja Gaiden is the only one where I'd use different weapons and moves.

Good game so far. Can't complain about the story since it uses MGS4 as a foundation so all my complaints would be directed there instead.

Valnen

Your game is probably stuck at 50hz like mine. I get weird flickering when the game is running.

Miker

The way this game does its resolutions is unlike almost anything else out there (I honestly don't know if any of the 1000s of 3D PC games which exist ever did something like this). It's honestly not surprising it could cause issues on some setups.

Wacky!

Your game is probably stuck at 50hz like mine. I get weird flickering when the game is running.

No, it's running at 60 fps as reported by Fraps. Just odd. Maybe it's because of my second monitor...? I have two monitors, 1080p (main) and 1200p.

Levyne

Banned
Game is pretty simplistic , but honestly I never did any of the crazy combo stuff in Bayonetta or DMC anyway. Ninja Gaiden is the only one where I'd use different weapons and moves.

Good game so far. Can't complain about the story since it uses MGS4 as a foundation so all my complaints would be directed there instead.

I've played no other Metal Gear game at all, haha.

All I know is Snake is some guy, Otacon calls him a lot, and Raiden is some other guy who is not Snake but you play as him in MGS2 I think. That's it.

Gonna be so lost.

Top Bottom