• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Dr Dogg

This game is pretty crazy. It does in fact ask your system what resolutions your monitor supports, and even launches in its native resolution as far as I can tell, but then renders to an offscreen buffer of the resolution you select in the options.

Well screenshots taken with Precision come back as 1920x1080 but the overlay isn't rendered as native if I've got it in full screen.

yeahhh i got toasted. Had to delete and redownload on the game drive. Guess i'll have it waiting when i get off work in a few hours!

Nooooooo!!!! Don't delete it! Just cut the depotcache folder onto a storage drive and then symlink it back as a junction to your main Steam folder.

As in this in a command prompt

mklink /j "c:\program files (x86)\steam\depotcache" d:\directorywhereyouputyourdepotcachefolder

No fucking way was I downloading 23gb again.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Just had to restart my computer. MGR booted to a black screen which then kept me from using my desktop. Interestingly, I could see my my mouse on the taskbar and it was going at 24 fps.

I knew I was taking a chance getting this on day one. I don't regret it. I'm sure I'll figure it all out.

riflen

I still can't figure out how to get Afterburner OSD to display framerate. I can get it to display GPU temps in-game but that's it.

afterburnerosdsetup.jpg

RedSwirl

There's no Windowed Borderless option in the options. Is there a way to force it?

There are programs that force it. I can't find the one right now I'm using for Crysis 2. I posted a thread about this and Crysis 2 a while ago where someone posted a link towards the bottom.

UnrealEck

Because they don't have the experience. PC gaming with 3D graphics is almost nonexistent in Japan.

What difference is there? They've obviously spent years making games and working with APIs, engines and hardware. I'd expect them to understand how things work. It makes it even more laughable when one man like Durante can fix their screwups (Dark Souls for example and no doubt this game too).

nOoblet16

For some reason the game locks at 50FPS for me whenever I try to run at 1080p, any other resolution and it goes up to 60. I know it isn't my screen's refresh rate because it is set at 60 and I checked it by ALT+TAB. Don't know what's going on here. Also it's definitely not my hardware.

Thrakier

I can't even start the game. I pre-loaded it and if I start it I get a "updating" thing with about 10 minutes and after a ew seconds I get a "disc write error" within steam. Wtf?

TnK

I was expecting the graphics to look as good as the pre-rendered cut scenes. I am disappointed =/

Hopefully amazing mods will come out to fix that in the coming future.

I'd like to be able to force any resolution at fullscreen, and not just my native. This is a CRT owner thing more than anything. I'd also like to unlock the framerate, as my monitor is capable of refresh rates up to 150hz, and I'd like to see all of those frames.

Otherwise, game is gorgeous and runs buttery smooth on max settings, 8xMSAA, at 1920x1080 on my i7 920 (2.6GHz) and GTX 670.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
runs flawlessly at 1080p/60fps for me so far, running it on my TV

gtx 670
16 gig ram
win 7

sounds like most people having issues are using AMD

Korezo

There are programs that force it. I can't find the one right now I'm using for Crysis 2. I posted a thread about this and Crysis 2 a while ago where someone posted a link towards the bottom.

Borderless windowed program don't even work either, comes with some error stating the game is running in some weird code. And if I force a custom resolution the damn gamma and color on my screen gets worst.. This damn game.

I can't run this at all. I see a dialog that flashes quickly and I think it says preparing to run, but it only displays for like half a second and nothing happens. I've restarted Steam too and it still does it. It's times like this where I'm reminded how much easier console gaming is.

Nooooooo!!!! Don't delete it! Just cut the depotcache folder onto a storage drive and then symlink it back as a junction to your main Steam folder.

As in this in a command prompt

mklink /j "c:\program files (x86)\steam\depotcache" d:\directorywhereyouputyourdepotcachefolder

No fucking way was I downloading 23gb again.

too late man. It's been done. Should be done before I head home (hopefully). Shit

Alasfree

Blade Mode definitely make my frame drop from 60 to around 40~ on my stock i5 3470\HD7850. Otherwise it ran smoothly, even with 8XMSAA at 1080p.

Watching my brother play now and it's very smooth at max setting, 6300, 7870, 8 gb. Cutscenes don't seem as fluid as on PS3 though which is weird. No issues besides that.

PhaZZe

Banned
i can't select full screen with 1080p (i'm sure my monitor is ok, i play all in 1080p) but in this game i can't! my monitor only shut down if i select 1080p and full screen

For some reason the game locks at 50FPS for me whenever I try to run at 1080p, any other resolution and it goes up to 60. I know it isn't my screen's refresh rate because it is set at 60 and I checked it by ALT+TAB. Don't know what's going on here. Also it's definitely not my hardware.

I've certainly seen this before in a small handful of games, State of Decay most recent had this issue when I played it on my television. For some reason it doesn't properly lock the framerate to the refreshrate. I was able to override it by forcing Vsync and setting a framerate limiter within RadeonPro to 60fps.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I can't run this at all. I see a dialog that flashes quickly and I think it says preparing to run, but it only displays for like half a second and nothing happens. I've restarted Steam too and it still does it. It's times like this where I'm reminded how much easier console gaming is.

restart your computer, it worked for me

EFJO

Neo Member
lol no wonder I couldn't find a config file.

I have my documents moved off my SSD, but MGR went ahead and put a save file there anyways. They even made their own 'documents' folder.

Hahaha you just fixed my problem. I was trying to launch it but it was quitting out for no reason. As it happens I don't have a partition labelled as C:, my system partition is F: (I have no idea why, I mustn't have been paying attention when I installed Win8). After seeing your post I figured they hardcoded that file path for some insane reason so I shrank a volume and labelled my new partition C. Launch the game and boom, issue solved.

Top Bottom