• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance PC Version |OT| Violence Breeds Violence

Indeed.

screenshot_2014-01-09eys7e.jpg

Tag update incoming?

Durante

Injectors or hex edit? Please just be hex edit.
Terribly cobbled together hackety-hack injector, couldn't find the relevant parts in the exe fast enough. Not sure if I should invest all the effort to get it to a state where it's worth releasing, considering that they seem like they'll probably patch it.

Tain

I'm seriously starting to wonder if some Japanese devs just feel differently about the relationship between asset detail and resolution or something. "This game will look really barren at super high resolutions so we'll lock it."

i have no idea

The game played perfectly for me after unpacking.
Solid 60 fps, 1080p, everything on high, just MSAA set to 2x and Anisotropic Filter set to 4x.
Game looks awesome (except for the shadows) and it plays nice.
Finally my P* collection is complete again :)

EDIT: Wow Durante. Just wow.
If your patch supports better shadows down the line, then count me the fuck in. Otherwise nice for everyone with >1080p monitors.

Gbraga

Terribly cobbled together hackety-hack injector, couldn't find the relevant parts in the exe fast enough. Not sure if I should invest all the effort to get it to a state where it's worth releasing, considering that they seem like they'll probably patch it.

Does your borderless window thing from Dark Souls work here without too much work?

Revven

I'm guessing a core i3 2370 with AMD Radeon 7550 and 8 GB Ram proooobably won't be good enough for this? If I'm reading some people's impressions correctly... :(

KarmaCow

So what are the chances of proper 16:10 support getting patched in? Considering it's not supported already makes me think they didn't make UI elements relative to the screen.

I don't undertsand, Durante, what did you do? Is there a problem with the game?

Check the resolution of the image. It's (far) above 1080p.

It'd still be worthwhile to have an easy way to supersample, and who knows how long that patch will take.

I wonder if anything can be done about the framerate cap though.

Dario ff

Banned
I was kinda finding something with editing that address I mentioned earlier, it appears it saves into the GraphicsConfig file exactly (My limit was 5, I edited in memory to 6 and it saved into the config file as a 6) and it controls the GUI scaling in real time (If I change it while running the game I could get the GUI to be the other size in the list). Maybe there's a cleaner solution that way.

EDIT: Err I typed the address wrong. I will just upload my cheat engine table.

Here's the address I found.

Carm

Having the same issues others are having. Computer hooked up to tv via hdmi, select 1080/fullscreen, get no signal. I can play it in borderless window using that program linked above but I shouldn't fucking have to use another program for basic god damn functions. I'm also not sure if that program cuts off the top and bottom of the screen like it does in State of Decay for me.

On top of that, it seems they didn't even fucking bother putting in 360 controller button prompts.

Really starting to wonder why I keep buying these japanese games that isn't capcom on pc, they clearly don't give a shit about their own products the state they release them in.

Can you make it run at borderless window mode? That should fix the most annoying issues.

Using the program linked in another post above worked for me. I dunno if it will have the same issue I have in State of Decay where the top and bottom of the screen gets cut off some though.

teokrazia

Tried just for a couple of minutes.
No love for people who have a 120Hz monitor, for the rest it seems a pretty competent porting.

If this game got rid of the 60fps cap I probably would buy it.

I have never played an action game like this... and it looks like it could be something I like.

AF absolutely killed my framerate, the game felt like everyone was feeling the weight of an extra few g-s.

Turning it off makes it wonderful and crazy.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
i7-3930k, 2 x MSI Lightning GTX680 in SLI

Runs fine for me with everything at MAX Settings, 1080p/60fps. Although there are definitely drops in frame rate when things get a bit crazy. No 120Hz support either.

Drops in frame rate with SLI are unacceptable.

Grief.exe

If they are going to patch it, don't even bother.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
What's the technical reason Rising runs at 59fps for me, instead of 60fps, as if my refresh rate is locked to 59fps?

I've noticed this in a few games, where whenever I set 1920x1080 it defaults 59hertz, but lower resolutions default to 60.

Ragus

Banned
i53570
GTX770 4GB

60fps at 1080?

Here it the deal. I have a 1080p display. When I set 1080p in game options, the framerate is locked to 24Hz. But when in Nvidia panel I set it to 2880x1620, the game runs at fluid 60fps, and yet, it's still set to 1080p in game settings.

So, do I play it in 1080p or do I have it downsampled to 1620p, even though it was supposed not to be possible?

Anteater

Is it possible to get rid of the grain filter? Think the game would look much better without it, seems to be only noticeable on some screenshots though

nOoblet16

I've certainly seen this before in a small handful of games, State of Decay most recent had this issue when I played it on my television. For some reason it doesn't properly lock the framerate to the refreshrate. I was able to override it by forcing Vsync and setting a framerate limiter within RadeonPro to 60fps.

It goes to 60 when I run it in windows mode but soon as I go full screen it locks at 50 but only for 1080p resolution. I forced v sync and triple buffering from D3D overriider but nothing happened. There's no option to disengage V sync in game seems like it's always on.

Top Bottom