• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising Special Edition announced for Japan (PS3)

duckroll

http://www.konami.jp/mgr/jp/special/

The "complete" edition re-release of MGR will be out in Japan on December 5th. The price is 2480yen both at retail and on PSN. It contains the original game as well as all the DLC released thus far - the 3 DLC packs (VR Missions, Jetstream, Bladewolf), and all 5 pre-order bonus Raiden armors (Cyborg Ninja, MGS4 Raiden, and the 3 color variants).

Could this be a sign of the sort of pricing and content we can expect for the upcoming PC release?

xwztitt.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Now you too can buy the FOX blade and break the game.

I already have the LE. I don't need this. I don't need this. Why do I want this so bad.

Dat holographic Shinkawa artwork cover? If the DLC were all on-disc, then I would have considered getting this release, but it ain't so no thanks.

Still, it's a damn good package for the game and at a great price too.

DigitalDevilSummoner

zero cognitive reasoning abilities
Might buy. Apart from the boxart and all the extras, it's a good way of getting the message across that there should be a second one for the PS4.

tensuke

Somewhat unrelated, but the hell did Konami never release the Cyborg Ninja skin as DLC on the US PSN?

I WANT to give them my money dammit :(

The description for the Ultimate Edition on PSN said it included the Cyborg Ninja skin, but I never saw it anywhere or anything. :(

The cynical part of me is thinking that the reason why this doesn't have the DLC on disc is that they're just taking all the unsold copies of the regular game and putting a different package art in there and slipping in a new DLC code.

I still hold out hope that a U.S. special edition like this is made but with all the DLC on disc, and called "Ripper of the Year" Edition as a joke on all the games that are called GOTY but didn't get those accolades.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
The cynical part of me is thinking that the reason why this doesn't have the DLC on disc is that they're just taking all the unsold copies of the regular game and putting a different package art in there and slipping in a new DLC code.

I still hold out hope that a U.S. special edition like this is made but with all the DLC on disc, and called "Ripper of the Year" Edition as a joke on all the games that are called GOTY but didn't get those accolades.

Recertification fees.

Lesson learned.. I should definitely read the full title before getting hyped. Saw Metal Gear Rising and automatically assumed that 'PC version finally has release date' was going to follow it. Oh well...... Guess this is good news for those who has yet to get the game and dlc I guess <_<.

*edit* Or for those who decide they want to double dip and get the digital version. Hadn't noticed the price before the edit.

Raw64life

Was thinking about getting this during the inevitable B2G1s that will be happening in the next couple of weeks. Maybe I'll hold off.

All interest lost. I wish these companies would realize that this stuff needs to be preserved for the future.

Agreed. It's a shame that pirates are the only people who seem to care.

Where's Vanquish? That and Bayonetta both deserve to be on the PC as well, but Kamiya has zero interest in the PC and doesn't even really know anything about Steam. At least we know MGR is coming to the PC.

Those are decisions for Sega to make, not Platinum.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Most likely. I bet the same edition will be available for PC too.

Have they made any mention of the PC Version besides when it was announced?

I've been waiting a long time to play this game. It comes out next month on PS+ correct? I may just play that version and save the money. They need to release this on PC soon before the next-gen consoles come out if they want me to buy it dammit!

Squishy3

Where's Vanquish? That and Bayonetta both deserve to be on the PC as well, but Kamiya has zero interest in the PC and doesn't even really know anything about Steam. At least we know MGR is coming to the PC.
Yeah, but we haven't heard anything about it other than it was "coming soon." and that was 4 months ago. Vanquish and Bayonetta have an excuse in that a PC version was never announced and their teams were/are working on other projects, while MGR's PC version has been known about for quite some time.

Yeah, but we haven't heard anything about it other than it was "coming soon." and that was 4 months ago. Vanquish and Bayonetta have an excuse in that a PC version was never announced and their teams were/are working on other projects, while MGR's PC version has been known about for quite some time.

Kojima recently tweeted a few screen caps from the PC version

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

I've been waiting a long time to play this game. It comes out next month on PS+ correct? I may just play that version and save the money. They need to release this on PC soon before the next-gen consoles come out if they want me to buy it dammit!

They showed some off screen shots of the PC version where the shadows don't look like crap anymore.

~~Hasan~~

i really like the box art. but i am not going to double dip in this unless somehow by a miracle, they release a PSN version for the PS4.

i am no longer buying any games for my PS3 because i simply... sold my PS3.

cant afford all the games next gen i want on both Xbox one and PS4 and also buy double dipping stuff.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Looks great. I wish they'd release a date/time-frame. Thanks for the info. I thought they had just announced development and nothing else.

Edit: what engine is this running on? And who is doing this port, Platinum or some studio from Konami?

The game is using Platinum's own in-house engine.
Unknown who is handling the port.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
This is.... Disconcerning. Ya know, I hope it's Konami's MGS (or devs closely linked) team, so they can get there PC chops in order for the inevitable MGSV PC release.

Well Platinum said after Bayonetta they wouldn't let an outside team handle their ports again so it might be them.

Top Bottom