• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake Announced - Master Collection coming in Autumn 2023 | PlayStation Showcase

Just a detail I noticed in the trailer:
purfAmu.png
Y2lGoM3.png
looks like demon souls opening lol

Nautilus

Banned
Lame trailer, but hype announcement.

Gonna need to see gameplay to feel if they are treating this remake right. But even then, not sure if I'll buy it, as I already have played through 3, and I'm kinda tired of this new trend of rtemaking everything.

Is the Master Collection comming to Switch? I assume so, if they want a shot of it selling well in Japan.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
imagine if they release MGS3 with the original static camera only, and MGS2 without the VR Missions
😭😭😭
Might be nothing but.....
FayIM5b.jpg

There could be no enhancements either, as they say.
Play them as they were when first released.

Banned
FayIM5b.jpg

that would mean a literal downgrade from the backward compatible Xbox 360 versions for many.
it would be kinda hilarious ngl.

TGO

that would mean a literal downgrade from the backward compatible Xbox 360 versions for many.
it would be kinda hilarious ngl.
The Vol. 1 collection contains the beginning of the METAL GEAR series in one complete package including:

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (HD Collection version)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (HD Collection version)
Stay tuned for further details about the collection.

Message from Development Team:

We thank you and sincerely appreciate your continuous support.
Panic over.
It's the Bluepoint versions.

FayIM5b.jpg

Bro even I don't have that little faith in Konami. Their recent actions such as the Suikoden remaster actually gives me hope that these people want to make money videogames again.

kingwingin

I wonder why Metal Gear Solid 4 is still in jeopardy (the guy who hinted at both the remake and the Master Collection said that a future Vol. 2 will include Peace Walker, Rising and even Portable Ops, but not MGS4)
ufE3VS2.jpg

Maybe is for that iPod feature? (I mean, even if there's a licensing/royalties conflict with Apple, they could get rid of it pretty easily and replace it with another device)
Who is this person?

Roni

Gold Member
Calling it
QQ0de4b.jpg
I have already said 4's multiplayer on PC would be amazing, but I don't think Konami will spend the money necessary to port MGS4. That game is only coming out when AI can work on the port for free for them.

Naked Lunch

Even as a huge Metal Gear fan, I cannot get excited for this or the Vol 1 collection.
If those screenshots are legit it looks like the same exact game but with a hirez finish. Looks lifeless.

This whole project seems likes its basically just an easier way to play MGS1 and 3, I guess.
Ive had my PS1 xstation modded for awhile now. And I have the PS2 originals and HD collection on PS3 and XSX.
This entire deal does nothing for me.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I'm really hoping they do a respectable job with the remasters... particularly MGS1. Correct the texture warping and render it at 1080p+ and I'm happy. Basically, it should be the PC version, but without the missing effects or general shoddiness of that port.

MGS2 and 3 can't be screwed up too badly if it's the HD Collection versions, though I do hope they fix the bugs the Bluepoint ports had.

MGS3 remake... cool that it's happening, but I don't know how excited I should be. Who's even working on it? I'm just glad we're getting the remasters, honestly.

TGO

I wonder why Metal Gear Solid 4 is still in jeopardy (the guy who hinted at both the remake and the Master Collection said that a future Vol. 2 will include Peace Walker, Rising and even Portable Ops, but not MGS4)
ufE3VS2.jpg

Maybe is for that iPod feature? (I mean, even if there's a licensing/royalties conflict with Apple, they could get rid of it pretty easily and replace it with another device)
Playstation is a easy fix, other platforms not so much.
Change the Ipod (All Versions)
Change Playboy Magazines to generic mags (All Versions)
Remove the Dualshock 3 Snakes uses to control Metal Gear Mk. II and replace it with a a generic controller (PC/XBOX)
Remove the comments about Blu-ray & PS3 (PC/XBOX)
Remove the PlayStation 3 that can be seen in the kitchen (PC/XBOX)
Remove PlayStation Portable can also be seen during the Act 2 Briefing. Sunny will pick it up and playing on it.(PC/XBOX)

TGO

Except the trailer we just saw, which was distinctly NOT Kojima.
It's a remake, as long as they save faithful it should be like a Kojima game.
The trailer doesn't really show anything.
More of a teaser then a trailer.

dotnotbot

If you listen closely the teaser has original ambient "noises" in the background, that's how I reckognized it's definitely MGS3.

93xfan

Banned
I'm in for the collection but it stinks of no Kojima involvement.
The collection is what I’m most excited for, but I do think the gameplay portion could be incredible if they give us MGS5 gameplay and hugely expanded/tweaked environments.

Anyone know if the collection is PS exclusive?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Those MGS r3make images are like 1:1 with the original game, Demons' Souls remake style, huh? Or it's just the vibe that's spot on but they're actually quite different? Not sure that's what I'd want out of it really. Hopefully the world is at least seamless this time rather than segmented, they can do that, right? MGS3 also used the Dual Shock 2 analog buttons and crap so I guess they're gonna be altering the mechanics at least a bit. My dream was MGSV ace mechanics and polish with a pre-V MGS style awesome campaign rather than its sandbox world with mere glimpses of the formerly meticulous mission design of the series. Maybe that dream's dead with Kojima not onboard though so a faithful remake may be the best decision (but if it goes well they'll eventually make their own MGS sequels without him anyway so that may be a moot point). I wish at least one stealth action series of the sort had carried on, I actually liked Splinter Cell: Blacklist quite a bit even vs MGSV since it was all mission based, an improvement in that direction could rival any MGS like Splinter Cell never could before.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Probably posted already but the Master Collection:

- includes mg1 and mg2 msx ports
- includes vr missions for mgs1 & is the substance/subsistence version for mgs2/3
- will get a physical release

Dance Halloween GIF by aurel

Laieon

My only exposure to MGS is buying the PS3 collection (I don't think I ever actually played it (accepted a job offer abroad shortly after and left all my games at my parents' house)), so looking forward to actually giving the series a shot.

Top Bottom